702 votes44 comments · Generally Available » Client - Windows Desktop · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Petak commented
see also this idea for configurable notifications, which allows to reach the same goal:
Please vote there!
1,221 votes16 comments · Generally Available » Client - Windows Desktop · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Petak supported this idea ·Petak commented
First, functionality you call alerts is called desktop notification in other world... And second, it need to be configurable. Third, systray icon notification is other functionality which should be configurable.
Some basic ideas:
- on/off globally
- on/off for groups, contacts
- on/off based on your status
- notification content (partially implemented)
- what activity to notify [online, message, calendar, your group in meeting, ... ]
- how long to stay for different notifications [x ms, until focused, forever ... ]