• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. invite by email

Move "Invite by email" in "Participant Actions" to "Invite More People". The current arrangement isn't very intuitive to me.

23 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Customizable Msi/Offline package installer.

→ We need a offline full installer. This will facilitate to install for multiple users remotely.

31 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Skype and Skype for Business both open when my PC boots. Not easy to stop Skype and leave Skype for business

Make it easy to EXIT Skype and not have it start when the PC starts or remain running in the background. I don't need it as I already have Skype for Business.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Ability to configure conference IDs

Customer expect their conference IDs to be short and easily memorable for users dialing in to conferences. The potential solution should allow for conference IDs to remain short, decrease the administrator manual interaction, and improve the end user experience to correct existing meetings with long conference IDs.

39 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Conference EntryExit Announcement Type - Use AD PhoneticDisplayname or Exchange UM recorded name

The current settings allow for a tone or displayname to be used in the CsDialInConferencingConfiguration. To be honest our company displaynames are horrible and sound horrible when played in a high profile Executive meeting. Options to make this sound better would be to take an example from Exchange UM and use the recorded name or if one wasn't recorded use the AD Phoneticdisplayname. Even just using just the AD Firstname would be a great improvement.

28 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. import from yammer

we have yammer at work. that's MSFT too. why are they not compatible?

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. When some one is tagged for a status change an icon should be displayed next to their picture.

When someone is tagged for a status change, have a tag appear next to their picture so you can visibly see who has been tagged.

26 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Response Groups part of SBS

Have the RGS service part of the SBS. Gives branch sites local hunt groups instead of sending those calls to FE servers across the WAN.

22 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Status icons

I have used another conference system that allowed some status icons in the participants screen. It had visual icons for statuses such as 'shortly away' or 'can't hear' as well as for votes like 'yes' and 'no' etc. That way it was really good to obtain an overview of the participants and their status. I would love to have such functionality in Skype (for B) as well. Now I do not see anything of this nature.

16 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. DND notifications

A way of letting a colleague who is on Do Not Disturb you would like to contact them, like a doorbell or knocking on the door. This functionality should only be available if they are not presenting

16 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Call forwarding default timeout as a Global Option

At this moment the default 20sec timeout for call forwarding could be managed by users or via SEFAUtil.

I think could be more practice if this (and some other call forwarding option) became Global Option, managed by a new Policy. The administrator could set it for all, or for some Group of users, could set it mandatory or not and so on....

37 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Add ability to create reservations for audio/video call with reserved bandwidth

Create a method to allow for reservation of bandwidth in CAC to Video/Audio calls to occur regardless of adhoc meetings occurring.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Voice - Media Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. get rid of skype logo in video call

i know its skype dont need everyone to see the logo

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. It works again! Recent Microsoft patches had caused a conflict with Outlook 2013. I guess my suggestion is TEST YOUR PATCHES

It works again! Recent Microsoft patches had caused a conflict with Outlook 2013. I guess my suggestion is TEST YOUR PATCHES BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM!

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. 15 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. magnify.exe with skype

"magnify.exe" ne fonctionne pas avec skype lors de la saisie de nos textes au clavier.
      une mise a jour a cet effet permettra d'aider ceux qui utilise cette fonction a avoir une excellente experience de conversation en direct.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Allow, or simply better document how to run both Skype and Skype for Business in parallel

Sometimes I want to work from home, but that doesn't mean that I want to wipe my Skype account and install Skype for Business over the standard install. No actually, I want to run both applications in parallel to one another. Can I do that? If yes, why cant I find documentation on how to do this?

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. French language tutorial screens needed for Skype for Business intro

French language tutorial screens needed for Skype for Business intro

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base