• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Change my status within a conversation window

Would nice to be able to change my status within a conversation window, rather than digging up the main SfB window or going to the taskbar to change it. I can see the status of my conversation partner, but not my own to change it.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Ability to preview the caller ID for Call Pickup Group members

This is a very common feature of traditional PBX: the ability for a Call Pickup Group member to see who is calling and than choose to pickup the call or not.

At this moment if a user is member of a Call Pickup Group there is no way to preview the caller ID.

Every of our customers ask for this feature.

40 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Using multiple screens it would be able to choose which screen the notification pops up on rather than it simply showing on the main monitor

in a multiple screen environment be able to choose which screen the popup of a new chat shows on rather than only having it show on the main screen. when involved in a screenshare session the notification window pops up. Sure you can change your status to 'do not disturb' to stop those from coming up but it would be better to be able to choose the screen notifications show on.

18 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Automatically handle a call when two people call each other at the same time

How often do you start with IM and say 'Call?' and then you both call each other and end up getting annoying busy/voice mail... given two SIP calls... why not let S4B server figure that out and choose the optimal route allowing one through and dropping the other so the call is successful first time.. perhaps least cost based or some other rule.. would save minutes each day in lost time

32 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. 37 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Screen Sharing: Huge, (with a 24pt font capital "H") functionality gap

Just looking at the drop down list of possible categories helps explain why the functionality is so lacking in what is possibly the most important part of any collaboration software package - the value you add by allowing people to see (not hear - we still all have phones) what anyone on the call is doing.

If you look at any product on the market - Webex, Joinme, GoTo Meeting - they all without exception have a common denominator of allowing the participants on a call to experience the full screen of the presenter (if that is what they want…

15 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. 35 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. email

BUG: When you enter email address that has period in it btwn #s, hyperlinking stops at # before the dot: test34.00@gmail.com = 4.00@gmail.com Please fix bug in Lync/Skype for Biz.

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Better viewing Area for Web App

the presentation viewing area for the webapp is too small with 1 inch on top and 2 inches on bottom and 2 inches on either side of #deadspace while in full screen mode. the best browser interface so far is #firefox as IE and Chrome have issues. please contact me for further details.

16 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. You should have sound effects

When in a group video chat and there is a heated discussion, or a member of the group is not paying attention, we should have a feature/tool that makes a sound effect. Like a whistle, fight ring bell, clapping, laughter, emergency siren, crickets..etc.

13 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Improve performace of the WP app

Please improve the performance of the Windows Phone App!
      The app as it is can't be used! Once left a chat and there is comming a new message ist take too much time to open. If it's open at all!!!

11 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. 5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Full screen mode by double clicks

Today, this feature is only available for desktop sharing but not for PPT sharing. Intuitives actions = better end-users experiences

32 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. S4B should support authenticated proxies.

S4B should support authenticated proxies. It's very strange that the standard Skype client supports authenticated proxies while Skype4Business doesn't.

14 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. once the converstion is started if i scroll up then Old conversation need to be show.

If I'm starting a new conversation and I need to see my old conversation so I don't need to go to outlook just scroll up the chat and I need to get all my old conversation unless I deleted.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. widescreen support on windows 8.x

if you have a single Screen but a very wide one you want to attach Skype to on side on top of other applications OR better in a way that other Windows would lean on (don´t know if this is supported by OS)

Either way - at the Moment Skype would Stretch over half the Screen when you attach it to one side - which makes no sense at all. Especially as the Chat window is split from contacts.... which is a pitty

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. invite by email

Move "Invite by email" in "Participant Actions" to "Invite More People". The current arrangement isn't very intuitive to me.

23 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Customizable Msi/Offline package installer.

→ We need a offline full installer. This will facilitate to install for multiple users remotely.

31 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Skype and Skype for Business both open when my PC boots. Not easy to stop Skype and leave Skype for business

Make it easy to EXIT Skype and not have it start when the PC starts or remain running in the background. I don't need it as I already have Skype for Business.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base