• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Disappearing text

a feature that when someone messages you, the message of the text appears on ur screen overtop of the web page or document and disappears after a couple sec. saves me from opening up messages- the ability to have a seamless conversation with someone without opening up skype boxes or it covering up what I'm talking about on the screen

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Consolidate Skype & Skype for Business. No complicated login.

Consolidate Skype & Skype for Business. No complicated login.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Make Skype for Business more like Skype

I've been trying to push Skype for Business in our company that currently uses Skype seeing as how we can no longer manage Skype through an admin portal online, but there's just too many differences that make Skype for Business unusable:

1. Keep the same running chat history for each user instead of saving each individual conversation in Outlook history. Frankly, this is more confusing than it is helpful. If others find it a good idea, maybe there can be a choice on how chat history is dealt with.

2. Make it so Skype conversations can add Skype for Business contacts. We…

80 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Make the speech bubble color adjustable, the sender and receiver colors are too close.

Make the speech bubble color adjustable, the sender and receiver colors are too close.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Integration with H.323/SIP videocall

For better integration with CISCO/POLYCOM/LIFESIZE/AVAYA telepresence

30 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Customize My Locations

There is a drop down box to add your location (even says "My Custom Locations") however there is no way to Add and Customize this list so you don't have to constantly retype your various locations --- why have a drop down then??

307 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      36 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. 21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Would be great to be able to make calls to mobiles and landline numbers via Lync/Skype while receiving calls as well

Would be great to be able to make calls to mobiles and landline numbers via Lync/Skype while receiving calls as well

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Auto reply

A good idea to my opinion, when you are away, set a message saying you are currently not available and will return their messages/calls as possible.

40 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Copy and Paste Photos in the conversation.

Copy and Paste Photos in the conversation. I have to save it, open in Paint, Select the image, copy and then it will paste in dialog...WHY?

89 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. emoji/emoticons

why can't we just use the emojis that are available for apple? i miss the old animated ones and these are a bit difficult to understand and read.
      so i propose borrowing the emojis from apple....

128 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. 88 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. There should be a way to sign out of the system when off work to prevent getting messages on the IM when not here.

There should be a way to sign off of the IM when not at work to where your name doesn't appear on the list of people to send messages to. Some of us only work Mon-Thur and when we return on Monday it don't save all of the missed messages from Friday. If there was a way to sign off and completely remove our name from the list of contacts when out of the office, then co-workers won't be tempted to send messages to us when we aren't here that we will never see.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Add different style fonts!

The font is so boring. It would be cool if there was an option to have the same fonts as Microsoft word

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. remove ctrl enter shortcut

should not start a call. its annoying!

45 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Hi, I am experiencing a glitch in the tool. The Status of contacts is not getting refreshed on its own.

Hi, I am experiencing a glitch in the tool. The Status of contacts is not getting refreshed on its own.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Hosted Skype for Business

Offer a Hosted version of Skype for Business for Hosters.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Ability to send complete (small) images through IM, why do they crop?!?

Ability to send complete (small) images through IM, why do they crop?!?

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Bidirectional support for messages containing both LRT and RTL text

I guess this is not a new idea per-se (as can be seen in the linked-at-the-bottom q&a with Microsoft), but previous ideas here are more case specific, so I could not add my vote to them.

Since the general case of bidirectional messages is already well supported in MS and elsewhere, there is no reason for Skype to be different.

Furthermore, while important for the general public, it is much more sorely needed for business applications, where technical terms are almost exclusively in English.

Best regards

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/skmess-skinsta-sk_win/rtl-languages-are-not-supported-correctly-in-skype/34d0ffd0-3d30-4d5c-b27d-d4adf777f19a

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base