• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. df

You should be able to add pictures to ideas section so people can describe their ideas with more detail.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. It would be really helpful if we we able to size each conversation to a smaller size than it allows currently

It would be really helpful if we we able to size each conversation to a smaller size than it allows currently

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. There should be a way to label groups instant messages

similar to Yammer by creating groups and adding individuals to each group. then being able to keep those group messages running and each person can reply

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. please add more smiley symbols

please add more smiley symbols

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. emoticons in Office

I believe Emoticons like Kiss, In Love does not need to be there with Enterprise(Office) version of Skype.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Please make your emoticons more professional

The current emoticons are more silly and childish. Please understand Skype for Business is being used across the enterprise where we interact with our colleagues, seniors etc. A simple smiley Emoticon seems so silly. Please try to make your emoticons more professional. Take hint from previous versions of Lync. It was much better then.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Automatic langauge convert when we have text key-in

I have used Thai and English language keyboard. I forgot language switching many time when I need to used a language. Therefor, my idea is if I forget language switching and wrong text key-in the Skype program can be automatic language change that I need and no need to text back delete.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. When We share image with someone we should get notified.

Currently whenever we share image with others, we did not get notification that other person has got the image or not. So we should get notified when we share image and other person gets it.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Change Skype alert color to red

Change the alert to a brighter darker color. This will help see when someone sends an IM.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Blue ticked feature

It would be good if you add blue ticked feature like whatsapp.. so that we could know that our message has been read.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Preview of Links sent via Skype for Business

It would be nice to have a preview of links sent via skype for business. Often times, coworkers will send links that I wish I had previewed before wasting my time opening in a browser.

Looking forward to this exciting new feature!

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. ADMIN Control -- A single user can adjust all settings for everyone on the video call

This would include all technical settings. I want to be able to select the correct speaker and microphone setup for everyone on the call. Help prevent feedback loops. Make sure users have the right camera selected. It would need to be so simple that the user would only need to sign into the call. This would be an advanced license.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Bot Builder Support For Skype for Business

Microsoft/BotBuilder Github project....please support Skype For Business channel. I cannot register my bot in the MS Bot Directory due to company policy...so how can I integrate my bot into Skype For Business.

23 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. remove the stupid smile feedback icon , and get rid of the Alerts.. It is not professional like this...

Remove the stupid smile feedback icon (make a normal icon or menu option for this) . and get rid of the Alerts.. Or at least an option to turn it off without having to put on "Do not disturb" . It is not professional like this...

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Bug in Skype for Business

I added a contact, and when that person left the company I tried to remove his contact by right clicking and "Remove from group". So, now his contact moved to "Other contacts". Then, when I tried to delete it from there using both options "Remove from group / Contact list", it shows its deleted. But when I login the next time, the inactive again stuck up in Other contacts folder. Please fix this issue

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Easy way to shut down Skype for Business

Totally **** because I can't shut down Skype for Business. There should be some easy way to do that because at the time it won't shut down even if I tried to press close-button. There isn't also option to close Skype

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Add individuals APM ID in skype contact

It would be easy if the APM id of users will be displayed in Skype. Getting APM ID every time from WIW is difficult

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. If signal level too weak,then should not connect and should populate meassage is better to know users

If signal level too weak,then should not connect and should populate meassage is better to know users

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base