• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Change the emoji's up. There are only 2 emoji's related to female's and only white hand signals. skype is coming off racist/sexist.

Change the color of the thumb's up/down, shaking, and flexing emoji's to yellow if you don't want to add another skin color other than white. Add more female related emoji's. It's very uncomfortable to think that Skype is making a statement that they do not want to add additional skin types to their list of emojis and don't want woman to be a part of those options either. I'm a white male, and I do feel very uncomfortable having to use your services as it's required for my job. This has also been brought to Skype's attention for years and…

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. the ability to erase emoji as a reaction on a message

I wish I had the option to delete emoji as a reaction on a message. You can edit the message but you can't edit the reaction to the message.
      if I made a mistake or regrat the emoji I added I can't change it. it's annoying sometimes.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Add a princess emoji

Please add a princess emjoi

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Not sure messages are delivered and seen by receiver. Better to have some notifications symbol for that

Not sure messages are delivered and seen by receiver. Better to have some notifications symbol for that

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Skype for Business have issue to send contact request to Skype user

Recently we migrate 100 users from Skype to Skype for Business.

We found a critical issue that Skype for Business user have issue to send contact request to Skype user.

Skype 8 client user will never receive the notification from Skype for Business. Skype user can only check the contact request by Skype (web) login.

Skype for Business do not allow to send message to Skype user unless they accepted the contact request.

It becomes worse when the contact request never appear to Skype 8 user client.

The migrated user (from Skype to Skype for Business) is not able to…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Am using Skype for business 2019, it doesn't show user current time. In earlier version i believe it shows current user time.

Am using Skype for business 2019, it doesn't show user current time. in earlier version i believe it shows current user time. This is very useful when communicate with users across the globe.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Camera autofocus

Is camera auto focus of self participant video available in this release of android sdk? How we can enable it? If no, will this feature be available in the next release of android sdk?

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. To get Someone's attention - add Icon to have the chat window/box Dance or Shake

To get Someone's attention - add Icon to have the chat window/box Dance or Shake

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Group to Group/Single Person Chat

Make it possible for a Skype Group to act as a sender of message.
      This way, a privileged user of a group (say group XYZ) will have an option to post a message, to another group or another person, using his User Identity and as well as group XYZ.

There are certain scenarios, where let's say a decision needs to be come forward from whole team, to the client. So, instead of team member Alice saying 'Whole team agreed to decision XYZ' to the Client Bob, a Skype Group named 'ABC Company' can be utilized to send message.

It is…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Enable screen sharing between Skype (consumer) and Skype for Business

Enable screen sharing between Skype (consumer) and Skype for Business

43 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Skype meeting - show who's talking

Please add an indicator for who's talking.

63 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Enable IM sound alerts for favorites but mute every one else

I'd like to be able to mute IM alerts, but still get alert sounds for contacts in my Favorites group.
      Or maybe even be able to set custom sounds per contact list group

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Skype getting blocked and suspended for no reason

Hi there, it has happened to me 4 times this month, everytime I come back from the weekend or a holiday and I try to log into skype my skype is either blocked or suspended, there is a bug in the system that determines the reasons for suspension and blocking an account, I haven't done anything in the past few days and my account was suspended for no reason, this happens only in skype accounts recently opened and not in the old skype accounts of 4 years ago. please fix this very annoying bug

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Allow Windows 10 focus assist to disable taskbar amber alert

As this is one of the great principles of focus assist. Getting distracted by constant amber alerts kind of defeats the point.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Conversation History just like the Free Skype (Where you can search all conversation on a users window)

We are having trouble on tracing for the history via Outlook its a hustle. Can we suggest that we can do the same as the free Skype version where you can search on a users window ALL conversation history.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Feature to control video cropping on Skype Web SDK

I want to control outgoing video size in our Skype Web SDK based application. There is "Crop and center my video in meetings" option in Skype meetings app and desktop client, so I want Skype Web SDK to have the same function as this option.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. give an option to schedule and mail CQD reports into our inbox for monthly reporting

Skype CQD should have the following options to minimize manual efforts:
      1. Schedule custom CQD reports and mail it to our email address so that manual effort for monthly reporting can be minimized
      2. multiple format option to download reports

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Make broadcast.skype.com API publicly available

Currently there is no public API available for creating/updating/deleting meetings with the broadcast.skype.com website.

However, there seems to be an API for it already, but it is not public.

Can you please make it public so everyone can use it, to create/update/delete meetings via external applications?

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Don't see notification number popping up on the skype icon for the muted people/group.

I do not see notification number popping up on the skype icon for the muted people/group. This way messages go unnoticed for hours. In older skype, we used to get the notification number on the icon itself so that we know we have a message waiting to get responded to even for someone who is muted.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Handle SIP CANCEL messages properly to prevent spurious missed calls

When using single number reach and an incoming call is picked up on a desk phone, the mobile client shows a missed call. The call manager is correctly sending a SIP CANCEL with cause=200 (call completed elsewhere) but Skype for Business ignores this. Please correctly interpret these SIP messages and avoid generating spurious missed calls on the client.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f1111e1b-4eca-46a3-861f-5ac4e62f94d0/lync-2010-dual-forking-with-cisco-call-manager-and-missed-call-notifications?forum=ocsvoice

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base