• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Device Priority Option

While Using the Technology, Now A days, every One Have more than Device, on every device the Applications installed almost same.

But If I Want to Receive my Skype Calls Only on my Mobile instead on every Device but Other IMs and Group related discussions on All devices

There should be an option to Prioritize my Device settings to do so in an easy way

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Make skype for business, integrated app for multiple sign ins. (skype and skype for business in one app).

Make skype for business, integrated app for multiple sign ins. (skype and skype for business in one app).

you may skip this in free version of skype

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. IM SCREENSHOTS

Add the ability to send and view screen shots over IM. This feature played a very important role in the last system our company used. Please add this feature ASAP as our company has completed the migration to outlook and will be taking down the old system within 1 year. I love Skype for Business, but I still have to open the old IM sytem simply because it has screenshot capabilities.

117 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Make it less rubbish

Try designing your software better. It's like using a prototype messaging app from 1996.

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. conversation history search

Bring back the conversation search like Skype Public has.

For example if I know that I got an IP address off of a co-worked, I should be able to go to a chat window of this person and search with keywords so that I can find it again.

Why has this feature been removed? I use it almost daily in Skype Public, or any other UC tool.
      Right now I have to try remember a date range of when it was discussed and go into each chat history separately to find it, and worse even is I can't search within…

561 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Unattended RDP Access with Skype for Business

I would suggest to include the Unattended RDP Access with Skype for Business clients as an optional/separate role/service on the SFB server, which would improve the productivity of business users by accessing their office computers remotely without VPN service headaches.

Moreover, this would help the customers to eliminate usage of third party RDP applications completely by including the Unattended RDP Access service with SFB.

31 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. create a 'compact' view option in IM set up - more content in less space - both contact list and message section

Asana recently added a compact view to view more content - same idea but for the IM communication in Skype - reduce space and window size

201 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      16 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Make subgroup

Hi Dear,

By adding subgroup in contact list, we can control contacts more efficient.

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Add an auto-correct option and an auto-capitilization option similar to Outlook.

Allow users to enable an auto-correct tool instead of underlining incorrect spelling. Proper Capitalization (for country, language, I etc), auto-correcting when " ' " is necessary, options for own dictionary for each user (to avoid auto-correct on frequently used jargon in the workplace)

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Extend the number of Contacts and Groups

Number of Groups too few 64 ?
      Number of Contacts too few 255 ?
      Changes are now either refused or given a message to try later

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Equal size split screen conversation

I want to video call a person and have us on equal split screens rather than me always in a smaller screen. It looks bad to record the video call and always have me in a smaller screen. I can easily make my image go away completely, but I can't maximize to the same size as the other person I'm video-calling.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. 122 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Filter search based on domain

We have 2 domains under one O365 account. Some users have 2 accounts with the same username, jon.doe@domainA.com and jon.doe@domainB.com. It would be great if we could configure which users show up. Ideally when signed in with an @domainA.com account, when searching for jon.doe, only his @domainA.com account appears.

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Conversation History

There is no way to retrieve conversation history with this messenger. The outlook messenger kept a continuous history in outlook itself, as well as your recent conversation when you opened an IM to someone you were having a conversation with that day.

201 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. chat history

Chat History should be stored in the Skype. Suppose I closed a chat window, I open chat window again. I want to see my previous conversation very easy way. So introduce Chat History Option in the chat window, That should show all the chat history information based on the date. So that will help me to get my old chat informations to everyone.

537 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Turn off Availability Alerts

It can be handy to have availability alerts if you are waiting for one person in particular, but I would like to have the option to turn off notifications alerting me when each person becomes available.

205 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      15 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Camera resolution option: lower <-> Higher

I believe, there must be an option to be able to select lower camre resolution to accomodate lower internet trafic, because in many countries people live with low speed and more important they have to pay for amount of MB they comsume, so if a video with high resulotion is streamed over connection, of course it is desireable but it will end up with a huge cost on people how have to pay for this.

It is not so difficult to add an option for lower resolution and also lower frame/s to video section

I wish it will be considered…

41 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. conversation chat with partner should be always include historic data

When chatting with someone:
      1. I do not need the chat in outlook as copy
      2. I need like in teamviewer the history of chat with one person let´s say one day earlier. NOW I have each day a new chat and loosing the overview of older historical conversations.

Thanks

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. I can't figure out how to uninstall this terrible program.

I tried to use it for regular skype purposes and it didn't work. Now I can't uninstall it and it pops up at startup. There doesn't seem to be a way to uninstall the program.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Please Create a Role with Reader Access to Skype's Quality dashboard https://cqd.lync.com

Please Create a Role with Reader Access to Skype's Quality dashboard https://cqd.lync.com

I want to be able to have upper management(Non-Technical) review the reports without being given Admin access

78 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    1 2 5 7 9 28 29
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base