• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Allowing addition of more than 10 distribution groups to Skype contact list

Addition of more than 10 distribution groups to Skype contact list

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. The ability to amend which monitor notifications appear on

Currently you can choose where on the screen notifications appear (defauly being lower right hand corner) but you cannot choose which monitor they appear on.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Consider reducing the loops of animated emojis.

Currently emojis loop indefinitely, which can be annoying/overkill. Remember we learned that when animated GIFs were brand new. Thanks.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Make Skype for Business accessible for deaf people

According to Action on Hearing Loss, 70% of deaf people in the UK feel that their deafness prevents them succeeding in the workplace while it's been found that deaf people earn on average £2,000 a year less than hearing people. Skype for Business with Translate would enable us to enter the corporate world with more confidence, armed with the tools to help us interact with global teams and enter jobs otherwise out of our reach. It would be life changing for people like me, who have stayed in lower jobs for the 'safety' of it. I recently pushed myself out…

192 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Please allow users to disable video when making calls. A default setting needs to be added.

Please allow users to disable video when making calls. A default setting needs to be added

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Incorporate Apple's 'Handoff' API to allow Skype conversations to move from MacBook to iPhone

Apple allows third-party apps to take advantage of their Handoff API. Some examples of apps that have added this feature are Air BnB and the New York Times. Is it possible for Microsoft to incorporate this API and allow a Skype conversation begun on a MacBook to transfer to an iPad?

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Require User's Permission to be Tagged for Status

There is currently no way for users to prevent themselves from being tagged for status change alerts. This is a privacy intrusion and can cause a burst of unwanted communications all at once. It could also be used for malicious purposes such as stalking. Please develop an option for users to prevent themselves from being tagged for status changes.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Sauvegarde des historiques de conversations.

Il est très irritant de ne pas pouvoir garder un historique des conversations dans Skype Entreprise !
      J'utilise un nom de domaine entreprise pour rediriger mes courriels vers gmail et donc je n'utilise pas outlook.
      Je paie tous les mois Skype entreprise pour partager du contenu avec mes clients, faire mes formations à distance car je ne pouvais pas le faire avec mon skype perso.
      Maintenant, on me dit que pour garder mes historiques il faut obligatoirement utiliser outlook ?
      Je ne trouve pas ça normal du tout de pousser sans arrêt à la consommation sur l'utilisation des services Microsoft.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Skype For Business Auto-connect

In our organization we have multiple meeting rooms and multiple different geographic locations. It would be nice to schedule a meeting between 2 conference rooms (maybe room account, equipment account, or user account) and at the time of the meeting, if S4B is running, the meeting is joined by both rooms with no interaction from a person. We have a lot of distance meetings and takes a lot of time to help connect for users who can't do it for themselves and have staff at both locations to join the meeting room isn't always available. With this we could have…

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. PSTN report in PowerBI

It would be great if the data from PSTN report are accessible from PowerBI to make nice dashboard to follow the consumption.

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Add “Be back around XX:XX”.

Add “Be back around XX:XX”. It would be nice to have an option for “Be back around XX:XX” under my status where you could specify the time you will be back. If I look someone up and their status is be right back, I have no idea how long they have been away and when “right back” will actually be. People have a tendency to change their status back to Available when they return so one never knows. The function to state a time and have it go back to available automatically would be very useful, IMHO.

3,155 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      9 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Save and send an IM when someone is offline. Sometimes you don’t want to send an email or you want to say something like “give me a call when you get in”. Having to ability to send an IM to someone offline that would “Auto send” once they come online would be useful. Especially when working with people around the world.

3,181 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. PowerShell commands to configure Skype meeting delegate

As an admin I would like to delegate Skype for Business on behalf of someone else (delegate user A to User B) via PowerShell, instead of doing it manually by using the Outlook client.

Please refer to the link below:

https://goo.gl/QJmzir

131 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Spam - Give us the ability to block any incoming phone number. Any normal PBX can handle this, why can't Skype for Business handle this

Spam - Give us the ability to block any incoming phone number. Any normal PBX can handle this, why can't Skype for Business handle this type of situation.

27 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Send to Email

I would like a "send to email" button so that when a colleague sends me an IM that really should have been a email, that I want to look at later, I can click send to email, and it sends the IM to my email.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Contact List

Skype for Business should have the capability for end-users to view a list of all of the other Skype for Business users that have added them to their "Contact List", and when they were added.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. 13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. please wait while i transfer your call

We would like the option to disable the "please wait while I transfer your call" when using the Auto Attendant.

We have had our AA Prompts professionally recorded, and it's not professional to have the "robot" voice say "Please wait while I transfer your call" or "transferring your call to (text option)"

We would like a check box to disable this, or an option to record this too.

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. do we have feature to stop someone or all in contacts to tag me for status change alert ?

do we have feature to stop someone or all in contacts to tag me for status change alert ?

20 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base