• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Allow pictures into body of message without having to download and open in a new window

Using the snipping or screen shot tools, be able to put the picture into the body of the text so it can be discussed without having to open a new window and going back and forth to see the picture and talk about it.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. HelpDesk

would be good if it could be used as a helpdesk for IT technicians in schools. Staff could submit a support request by selecting a group that contains the IT staff and select an option for "support" they would be assigned a ticket number. Then a technician could respond to the ticket. a ticket process Icon or colour could be assigned to the stage of completion. that's the basics..

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Import into Skype-Biz from normal Skype - what a freakin miss !

Amazingly there is no way to Import normal Skype contacts into Skype for Biz.
      This has now been on the table for over 6 months and still no resolution.
      - great way to hack off your biz customers
      - MS you are a total bunch of arrogant lazy numpties

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Improve Contact Searches on Skype Directory

Searching for Skype contacts on my Skype for Business and iPad Skype are pretty much useless, even when I have someone's Skype ID. I am not sure what the challenge is on this.

Perhaps additional Search Criteria would help find/filter search requests to improve this functionality.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. add a music woman/man face!

make a person singing and music noted coming out of his/her mouth. and have the mouth move (of course)

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Allow an option to prevent Skype from automatically opening all the time.

Skype automatically opens and prompts me for a password all the time -- this is annoying -- there is not easy way to just close the program. I would like to prevent Skype from opening all the time. I only want it to open when I want it to open! My company doesn't allow us administrative rights so I can't change this without a help ticket.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. 9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Phrases shortcut

Please. One option in the chat for Shortcuts. Like on ´´Sametime Chat´´

For example:
      You write down on chat ''1+'' (or something like that) and directly appear one custom (or preset) phrase.

Example:

''1+'' = '' Hello, Good morning. My name is *****, How are you today? ''

Please, this tool is very neccesary for our job, and to other people also.

Thanks a lot, and vote this idea please!!

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Directory Tree

As a business customer I should be able to buy a Skype number that acts as a "main number" for the company. When someone calls the number they would get a company greeting and then the directory tree, press 1 for Sales, 2 for Accounting or press 9 for the company directory.

If you are going to try and brand this as a business service this is a must feature.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. This is good, but I should be able to vote an idea as a bad one.

Some of the ideas are not good for business and the fact that they have a lot of votes don't make them useful. It's just because they already appear in the top and a lot of "not-busy" employees like them, but the busy ones don't. There should be an option to indicate that we wouldn't like to see that idea implemented.

46 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Add One More Tab For Posting Quotes with Two Line Frame

Add One More Tab For Posting Quotes with Two Line Frame

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. name the chat

I want to name chats, like "jokes only" or 'business only"

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Teamwork

Stop issues developing

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. made chat history available directly in Skype

made chat history available directly in Skype

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Pienso que la ventana de los emoticones debe de esconderse luego de usarlos

Pienso que la ventana de los emoticones debe de esconderse luego de usarlos

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. record the chat history,so we can check the information convinient;add the snipping tools

record the chat history,so we can check the information convinient;add the snipping tools

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Addressbook editor

Address Book editor. Creating default address list for new users, based on OU or Distribution Group.

36 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. support streched pools again

stretched pools support has been removed with Lync 2013. This is a major limitation for lot of customers running two data centers for desaster recovery. A single pool should be supported to split over two or more data centers.

103 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base