• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Apply KB4464547 successfully without any error

Skype for Business stops working and shuts down when deploying KB4464547. Because of this issue, I can’t apply the new update. I would like you to fix this issue ASAP.

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Don’t start the Outlook client when clicking the mail button in the Contact Card in Skype for Business

It would be great if the Outlook on the web could start when clicking the mail button in the Contact Card in Skype for Business.

We would prefer to set Outlook client to be disabled by default. It would also be nice if we could disable the Outlook client or its hyperlink etc.

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Freeze/pause screen with Skype for Business

Hi, when sharing content it would be quite helpful to be able to freeze the screen so that the presenter can multi-task and pull up other documents if needed.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Deaf Notification feature

Have a feature where the before a hearing person attempts to call a deaf person, have a warning box say that this person is deaf, please use IM to communicate with the person, or have the call go to a interpreting relay service like Purple or Sorenson.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Disable the hyperlink of phone numbers on Contact card

I would request a feature to disable the hyperlink of the phone numbers on Contact card in Outlook regardless of sign-in from Skype for Business.

When I click phone numbers on Contact card by using Outlook, SfB launches.
      If I sign-in SfB, phone numbers on Contact card is shown as a hyperlink. If I do not sign-in SfB, the hyperlink is inactive, so I would request the hyperlink should be inactive for either way.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Saving poll questions so that re-using them in different skype calls with polls would be very helpful!

It would be a huge improvement for skype for business if the presenter would have the option to save the online poll questions prior to the skype meeting. This would allow to open the poll immediately and would avoid that the presenter needs to write down the questions and possible answers in every skype session again. Sometimes the presenter also schedules some more calls for the same (training) content and needs the same online poll questions in different calls. It would be easy to re-use these poll questions when having the option to save and re-open them.
      (Webex allows to…

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Hide status for the external users on Skype for Business

Our customers are requiring “hide status for the external users on Skype for Business” that external parties cann't see skype presence. Still external communicatin can be done.

Can you please take the requirement as “Customer Feedback” and let me know is there any ETA for adding the feature in future Development/Roadmap.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Peer-to-Peer Session Detail Report shows modualities as "remote assistance"

After upgrading from Lync Server 2013 to SFB Server 2019. When admin check User Activity Report in the Monitoring Report, for some p2p sessions, the Modalities show as "Remote assistance". Everything works fine. the official document did not show remote assistance to users, please add the description about this in the official document.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Remote connectivity analyzer

I would like to use Remote connectivity analyzer for Skype for Business Online

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Add Call blocking option for incoming calls; to block Scammers and spammers that take away time from productive business

Add Call blocking option for incoming calls; to block Scammers and spammers that take away time from productive business

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Make it easy to set appropriate alt text for the logo in Skype for Business meeting invitations

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-skype-for-business-online/customize-meeting-invitations
      Make it easier for people to add appropriate alt text (perhaps the company name or blank alt text) to their logo in their Skype for Business meeting invitations. (Currently, people tend to set the alt text to the same URL as the source of the logo.) A tiny white code follows the logo. Please make things accessible by default.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Comprehension Development Tips for Adult Literacy Tutors

I read this I think I'm gonna look it up look up look them up on Wikipedia to see what else I can read so I can connect to maybe another historical document or maybe an even a primary source like some you know photographs or other historical websites about them so as I read with my student I could model the reading process by reading out loud which also models fluent reading but I can also stop and do things like self monitoring or to chunk the text and I would chunk the text about every paragraph or so…

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Set preferred toll-free number when getting it

I would like to set preferred toll-free number when getting it because some country has a restriction on phone number for call back from mobile phone. If this is difficult, it would be great that I can set area code at least.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. You are ignoring SO many threads asking you to fix the escape-key-close-window problem.

A cursory search on this site and others show that people have been complaining for a long time about the 'feature' you instituted which 'allows' you to close an IM window by simply hitting the ESC key. I and obviously many thousands of others HATE that feature, and people have been asking for a fix for at least a year. You are ignoring that. Why? It really makes you look bad when you create a feedback site, and then don't pay any attention to that feedback.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Replies should be readable on all devices.

Greetings,

Simply put a sent message can be seen on the receivers moblile device or the PC, this we know. However when that person replies, the reply is ONLY seen on the device that the original message was sent from. For example: I send a Skype Message from mycomputer and leave my desk to go to a meeting. The person replies that the meeting was cancelled, but the reply can only be seen on the PC not the mobile device. This is a problem as you can understand.

- We have tested this with another phone. So the problem is…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. PABX

You need to explain what facilities are available.
      for example can you replace a 3CX system with Call Queues and Ring Groups, System Management etc.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Allow users to paste images directly into IM

Allow users to paste images directly into IM

Currently, when pasting images in IM
      - Scenario 1, to (1) person, image is pasted in IM directly
      - Scenario 2, to more than (1) person, image is added as an attachment

Scenario 2
      After pasting image, users SHOULD see a red dot appear in upper right of the Share Content icon at the bottom of the screen

They should left click the icon --> Select MANAGE CONTENT --> Click the EYEBALL icon to view the attached image

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Skype Groups or Relationships linked to Outlook e-mail organizing rules

Many use outlook rules to organize e-mails based on what company or department the sender is from (example: an e mail from a Finance colleague would get routed from Inbox to a Finance folder). Taking the list of people listed on such kind of rules, and feeding it into Skype in the form of Groups or Relationships would greatly help find common contacts easily in Skype, rather than having to remember everyone´s name to look them up in Skype when you need to reach out.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. For God's sake ! Offer themes for SFB AND join the dang application windows TOGETHER !!!!

For God's sake ! Offer themes for SFB AND join the dang application windows TOGETHER !!!!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. 9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base