• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Pull user name from primary SMTP name only

Currently, Skype matches names from Outlook personal address book and all email addresses contained in the users AD profile. At least this is how it was explained to me by support. The problem with this design is that some users maintain aliases (proxy addresses) that are not their names for various business reasons. This results in the S4B's user name to not be displayed correctly if an S4B user has an old contact for that alias in their personal address book. I request the option for Skype to only read the users primary SMTP address and disregard the proxy addresses.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. please stop with the 3 logins because i do not want to save my password!

after logging into Skype for Business i have to sign in three times in a row in order to get the credentials box to quit firing. Let me know how to stop this nuisance or just allow users to NOT save their passwords without harrassment...

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. for the Skype for Business program to be compatible with the Ofice 2013 program. so that documents can still be opened with the Office 2013

Make the Skype for Business 2016 program compatible with the Office 2013 program. I've been using the 2013 program for a year quite easily and the Skype for Business for approx. 9 months quite easily. Only when the 2016 program started did I start having problems.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. allow personal email login

Since i have many a personal email, i want to login to SFB with personal email to contact my peers without a custom domain or business email.

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Log Status Updates

By creating a log of status updates, users would be able to go back and see their history. This would be instrumental when checking for hackers that are posting status updates. An IP log associated with this would also be very helpful.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Skype WiFi while in Europe was running in the background and ripped me off $79 They will NOT refund me any of it Very Dishonest

Dishonest Company you will eventually go down
      Skype WiFi while in Europe was running in the background and ripped me off $79 They will NOT refund me any of it Very Dishonest.
      it should have costed me at most a couple of dollar instead $79 and there is nothing I can do. OK I will always do what I can to take business away and tell people about Skype Wifi rip off

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. it hangs when I start typing a message. I am behind the strong firewall and proxy with auth

make it more firewall-friendly and add network debug. Let it say what is going wrong. It just hangs everytime

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. mandatory pictures

so we know who we're talking to - more interpersonal

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Make Skype hippa compliant

Technology has allow healthcare to explore other avenues to provide healthcare, insurance etc. Improving Skype as a hippa compliant resource will greatly simplify healthcare and Insurance

19 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. restrict user to add local users

I want a group of user to be unable to add other users inside my organisation. I want them to be able to only add a bunch of specified users inside my organisation.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. There has to be a switch that enables public to view the Profile pictures. -EnableProfilePictureView = Public|Private|

On facebook, twitter, public skype and every other website, the user profile picture is viewable, and accesible. It should also be possible in Skype for Business "on-promises" and also SKB 365 to enable public view of the profile picture.

Mabye a switch called :

-EnableProfilePictureView = Public|Private|

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Make it easier to "Allow" sites like those required to perform the Administration of Skype of Business in the EDGE browser without IE

Make it easier to "Allow" sites like those required to perform Administration of Skype of Business in the EDGE browser without having to go into IE --> Internet Options --> Security --> Trusted sites to add the sites that we apparently need. We were not able to consistently get into the Admin for Skype for Business without adding the list that your technicians gave us. It seems like this ability is missing in the current version of the EDGE Browser.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Indicator to tell when the conversation history is being recorded.

I have heard the argument that conversation history is not kept because it is similar to recording a phone call without the other party knowing it is being recorded... A recorded conversation can not be used in court UNLESS both parties acknowledge that the conversation is being recorded. To cover both bases, could history be enabled once both parties agree to accept that the conversation is being recorded? When a conversation is started or resumed, it might be possible to allow either party to reject the recording of the conversation.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Restrict messaging to only intra domain.

Restrict messaging to only intra domain. Getting direct IMs from members outside our organization is not professional; that is what email is

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Is it possible to block converstiaon history for a particular group or contact?

We can stop the conversation history being backed up in outlook in general. How could it be possible to disable conversation history on particular contact or group?

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. How can I delete meeting URL?

I would like you to implement a feature to block users accessing the closed meeting.
      Because if users can access the closed meeting later then it will take more time to delete the meeting. I need a feature to delete the URL within a certain period of time to block users accessing the closed meeting.

0 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base