• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Adding skype directory users via admin panel

The idea of Skype for business is that enterprise users can communicate between themselves and also with other domain which is matches with the enterprise policy

Though Skype for Business admin center, allows to communicate between other skype for business domains , there will be instance when enterprise users need to communicate with regular skype users .

So it will be great, if the Skype for Business admin center , has a facility to add, regular skype users who can communicate with their enterprise domain users .

So users can try to add skype directory users, but admin will have…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Granular ferderated/external domain access

Currently it is only possible to control external access to public I'M or ferderated domains for the tenant as a whole. I feel that it would be better to introduce the ability to control this on a per user/group basis.

I.e. group a can talk to ferderated company a
      But group b cannot

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Ability to limit meetings to internal organization recipients only.

Skype for Business meetings cannot be limited to internal organization recipients. The ability to block external recipients for meetings would be an added feature.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. IP addressses for Edge Servers used by Skype for Business 2015

We recently moved to a hosted firewall/web security with AT&T. When this occurred, Skype for Business 2015 Windows clients were no longer able to perform screen sharing through their scheduled meetings. After much going back and forth with Microsoft and AT&T support, it was determined that the 2015 clients used different SSL ports and edge servers than 2016 clients. The AT&T hosted web security does SSL inspection and was blocking the necessary connections to the edge servers. We had no admin access to update the SSL inspection whitelist ourselves and could only rely on AT&T to update and maintain those…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. With Skype for Business Provide a Way to Secure Select Users

For some users, like executives, don't allow presence information to be available as well as only allowing selected users access to them for chat.

Some users would like to functionality for a limited group rather than the entire organization.

14 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Skype to circumvent our active directory restrictions to enable gaming at work

I do plenty of work, but would like to be able to use skype to circumvent our active directory security restrictions to be able to play games like World of Warcraft at work and skype with my friends while raiding. I would be mindful to schedule the time in outlook to be be fair to the raid to not have to leave for some annoying work related task.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Restrict access of outside users.

We allow other companies that we do business with to connect thought Skype for Business. They are able to IM the employees. I would like to be able to restrict who they can contact in our company.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Be able to change your own password

Get a warning when your password is about to expire, and then be able to change it yourself. My password expired without warning, then I couldn't reset it myself and had to call the help desk to get them to send me a new one. This is ridiculous!

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. I can't close it all the way. Why?

I can't close it all the way. Why is it always open?

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Provide revert option within seconds to remove the sent message

A revert option to remove the sent message but within specific seconds

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Snapchat, Wickr, Confide like features

I would like to see admin features where we specify that any chat can be stored on the device for a max of X mins/hours/days/weeks.

Also colleagues would be able to set their time for individual chats (not over the max time allowed by admin).

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Provide a way of diabling Skype For Business on unmanaged mobile devices (similar to ActiveSync for Exchange)

Provide a way of disabling Skype For Business on unmanaged mobile devices (similar to ActiveSync for Exchange). Right now, if you provide a user access to Skype, they can download the Skype for Business app to any device and have conversations outside the control of the corporate security infrastructure. Administrators should be able to disable this feature as needed at a user level.

13 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. security

can you please change security because my friends from other schools keep on logging into my account since they know my password and my email.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Separate ability for anonymous users to add additional users to a conference from their ability to have the meeting call them back.

Today, we allow anonymous users to join our conferences. We allow them to have the system call them back at a number they specify. This also gives them the ability to add other users by specifying a phone number. This should be a separate right we enable or disable. We only want our authenticated users to be able to add additional users, not the anonymous users. But we still want an anonymous user to be able to have the system call them back.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. SFB Federation

Enabling high security on federation
      Like let say my company domain name is aaa.com and i have federated with .com , yyy.com and zzz.com customer.
      As an SFB administrator i should be able to allow set of aaa.com domain employees to federate and communicate with only certain federated domain. like federation filter at the users level for certain domains.
      eg: user1,user2 of aaa.com should be able to connect with zzz.com customers at the same time he/she his not given privilage to connect with
      .com and yyy.com customer
      user3 and user4 should be able to connect with ***.com and zzz.com but…

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. 10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base