• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Prohibit users from changing user presence manually in Skype for Business

It would be great if you could provide a feature to block changing user presence manually in SfB. If users could change their presence manually, we cannot check their actual attendance status.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Want to federate with only specific users in the external organization

I would like to communicate with specific external users including Skype for Windows users, in the external organization. Because we can only manage connection with external organization users per domain-level, not user-level. It would be great if I could contact User A from the external org A while blocking User B from the external org A.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Discover devices in which users are signed-in to Skype for Business

It’s difficult to discover the device that used by a user for sign-in to Skype for Business, if the user has multiple devices. In this scenario, we can’t see the correct presence status because it indicates online forever. It would be great if admins can check on-using devices.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Allow internal users to show/hide the presence

We can only manage the presence status organization-level, so I would like users to control the presence.
      Regarding this setting, I would request to allow users to set show/hide the presence, not administrators to do so.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. How can I delete meeting URL?

I would like you to implement a feature to block users accessing the closed meeting.
      Because if users can access the closed meeting later then it will take more time to delete the meeting. I need a feature to delete the URL within a certain period of time to block users accessing the closed meeting.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. 3,409 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      91 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Hide the user presence status to external users

I understand that external user who isn’t added to the contact can’t see presence status of internal users; however, I don’t want external users to see our user’s presence even when the external user is added to contact list in our organization.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. letsencrypt for SFB Servers.

The ability to use letsencrypt as an automatically renewing cert for sfb servers.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. There is a need to prevent users from changing their presence status independently and changing the time value after which the status change

There is a need to prevent users from changing their presence status independently and changing the time value after which the status change

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Quickly export a list of file sharing infomation

I have to monitor file sharing activity while skype meeting because of security reason. I can use retention policy (or retigation hold) and searching & exporting content for monitoring file sharing in skype meeting now, but it is not suitable to monitor all file sharing activity.

I want a feature to get list of following information about file sharing activity quickly.
      - file name
      - file size
      - when the file is uploaded
      - who upload the file
      - who download the file
      - where the file is uploaded from (IP address of device)

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Document Intelligent Instant Message Filter (IIMF)

Skype for business Online have (apparently) file filtering capabilities in Intelligent Instant Message Filter (IIMF). This is a largely undocumented feature for SFBO. Please document it.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Blease provide an app that runs inside firefox on LINUX but without WINE

For security reasons I run LINUX only. No Windows, no WINE (because WINE is as vulnerable as Windows), no MacOS.
      Having an app running inside firefox that is running on LINUX is helping.
      Access to port 6000 (X-server) can be granted. So sharing a desktop is a peace of cake. (Inside the network it's common practice to run ssh and xhost +IP-address.)
      Teamviewer is doing a good job but some customers insist on Skype (The security issue of Teamviewer can easily be solved stopping the deamon while I'm not sharing. So this isn't an excuse to claim it isn't possible.…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. DLP for Skype

Office 365 offers DLP for Exchange, Sharepoint, and Onedrive. However, there is no DLP for Skype. We need Skype data loss prevention to prevent users from transferring confidential data via Skype, particularly to external domains.

63 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Enable Skype Translator in Skype For Business

Today, it´s not possible to use this feature in Skype 4 business. I can´t show this feature to my school clients, because I encourage them to use personal accounts

158 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Make is possible to disable Screen Sharing

Make it possible for Company Administrators to disable ScreenSharing from the Admin Center.
      Also make a difference between inside and outside the company.

GDPR-law is demanding us to disable screensharing to people outside our own company.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Audit logs for Skype for Business Online

The current O365 Audit logs do not include any Skype for Business data … ?
      What are our plans to also include SfB logs ? And what details ?

Background:
      My customer received an email notifications that his PSTN number (Phone System with Calling Plan) has changed, but he is the Admin and has not made this change.
      He wants to check who and when this change has been made ? Was it another Admin or Microsoft ... ?

Audit log : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Search-the-audit-log-in-the-Office-365-Security-Compliance-Center-0d4d0f35-390b-4518-800e-0c7ec95e946c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
      API and Schema : https://msdn.microsoft.com/office-365/office-365-management-activity-api-schema

50 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. 7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Block P2P File Transfer with specific external organizations

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Update-on-Custom-Policies-in-Skype-for-Business-Online/ba-p/69850

The new custom policies allows the capability to block external P2P File Transfer while still allowing internal. However this capability will affect all federated organizations and no way to specifically contain it to just one or more.

Would love to see the ability to block P2P File Transfer to just specific federated organizations rather than it affecting all.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Support per user/group/domain federation settings-allow/block combinations

One of the limitations with SFB federation is that it's really only controllable at the domain level. I can allow/block an entire domain, and I can allow/block federation for a given user, but I can't allow/block per user per domain. For example, we want to allow our sales/project staff to federate directly with customers, but not our helpdesk staff. Conversely, our helpdesk users need to be able to federate with other partners. There's currently no way to get granular control of federation like this without resorting to writing our own server SDK/MSPL app, and that won't work online.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Allow SfB online (office 365) users to add Jabber/XMPP users to their contact list like On premises users can

On premises Skype for Business/Lync Server users can add Jabber/XMPP users to their contact list for federation. Skype for Business Online (office 365) users are restricted to federation with other SfB and regular Skype users only. I would like SfB online users to be able to federate with more than just other SfB and regular Skype users

238 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Manageability - Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base