• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Send bulk notifications to defined Skype for Business users' e-mail addresses from the Admin Portal.

I want to be able to send an e-mail notification concerning an internal issue that affects my Skype for Business users, such as firewall issues. Since the users and e-mail addresses are already defined in the Admin Portal, it would make sense to allow this capability from there.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Powershell & Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. web interface of https://www.skypepreview.com/

web interface of https://www.skypepreview.com/ does not allow to add users with dash or quote in a last name. It's just abusive. Please fix it.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Powershell & Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. I would like to be able to provide read-only access to the Skype and Exchange and other reports in the Admin portal instead of Admin rights.

Currently you have to make a user an Admin to get access to the usage reports in the Admin Portal. It would nice to be able to grant read-only access.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Getting Skype for business client version

In my organization, I have users using different versions of Skype for business (2013, 2015, 2016). We have cloud services from Microsoft and no on-prem server for Skype for business.

How do I get the list of all different client versions of skype for business used by all the users. I tried using powershell but did not find an option to do so.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. For Online/365 There are settings in the stand alone admin console and different settings in the O365 Admin console. Streamline this.

For Online/365 There are settings in the stand alone admin console and different settings in the O365 Admin console. Streamline this. Also provide more control over policies through the stand alone portal.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Persistent Chat Categories

It is only possible to decide wether to let users create rooms or not.

I want to grant the ability to create private chatrooms to everyone. The ability to create public chatrooms should be limited to a certain group of users.

Please make the permission management of persistent chat creators more granular.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. BUG: Removing Teams license does not work

When a TEAMS license is removed from a user, the use is still able to access teams although the provisioningstatus is set to disabled.

A Case was opened for this SRX616122891921108ID

and now we find this in the FAQ:

IMPORTANT: At this time, per-user control for access to Microsoft Teams is not available. Administrators can control access to Microsoft Teams only at the organization level. User-level control will be available soon. After it is available, you can turn on or turn off the Microsoft Teams license for individual users.

Any ETA on this?

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Team Chat History Monitoring

Monitor Team chat conversation

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. 3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Ability to enable enterprise voice in cloud and on-prem on a user with a single command

When a user is cloud-homed and using CloudPBX with on-prem PSTN, the user has to be moved back to on-prem, enable enterprise voice, move back to o365 and enable enterprise voice there as well.

Would be great if there's an option to set this without moving the user between pools.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. How to enable Skype for business users in another forest don't have Skype for bussines servers, i just need to see the another users in ABC

How to enable Skype for business users in another forest don't have Skype for bussines servers, i just need to see the another users in ABC forest in my Skype for bussines located in XYZ forest that already have SFB deployment, and enabled ABC users to use SFB.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Create "Copy-*" in context of SFB Policy settings

When testing individual policy settings in a production environment, we need a way to quickly copy our global/site policies to a user-level test policy without having to individually set each attribute value manually.

adding, for example, copy-csclientpolicy would allow us to grab our global client policy with all current values, create the same policy at a user level and a specified name, and then we could apply that policy to a subset of users and toggle the one or two attribute values that are being tested.

Currently best way to emulate this behavior is an unsupported export/import-clixml with a manual…

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Installing WMF5 causes ocspowershell endpoint to break

I've installed WMF5 on two Skype for Business 2015 CU1 enterprise pools. On both pools, this caused new pssessions to https://server.fqdn/ocspowershell to break.

Skype for Business is not listed as an incompatible product (here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/wmf/productincompat).

The error I get after installing WMF5 and creating a new PSSession to the ocspowershell endpoint:

writeErrorStream : True
      PSMessageDetails :
      Exception : System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingTransportException: Connecting to remote server placeholder.server.fqdn failed

with the following error message : The SSL connection cannot be established. Verify that the service on the remote host is properly 

configured to listen for HTTPS requests. Consult the logs and documentation for
      12 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Have a cmdlet that allows an Admin to send a message to ALL S4B users.

This is a DR need when email is dead. I have almost 2000 S4B users so I can't reasonably create a group in Skype to send a message conventionally.

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Rectify the error messages that occur for an E1 user with cloud pbx add-on

Currently one experiences issues with Polycom phones and Unified Messaging for users that are E1 licensed, pstn voice calling add-on and the cloud pbx add-on. The issue appears to be related to not having a Exchange Plan 2 license. The article, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Skype-for-Business-Online-licensing-overview-3ed752b1-5983-43f9-bcfd-760619ab40a7, does not indicate that there would be any problems or issues. Basically, there is a licensing issue and it conflicts with information discussing licensing and deploying the microsoft cloud pbx solution.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. 30 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Make *-CsClientPolicy PowerShell Cmdlets Available for use in Office 365

We've had to build a scripted solution to work around the lack of the *-CsClientPolicy cmdlets in Skype for Business Online. Currently, we periodically iterate over all of our Skype user accounts and enforce a set of desired settings. It would be much easier to maintain our account settings if we could use custom client policies as one can currently w/the on-premises version of Skype for Business server.

Thank you!

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Ability to change Skype for business Set-CsClientPolicy

In order to turn off Call Quality, we should be able to change the CsClientPolicy, like you can do onpremise.

20 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. The ability to control the skype for business client settings from the Office 365 portal.

The ability to control the skype for business client settings from the Office 365 portal would be great.
      Allowing the client to suck down the settings once they have signed in.

18 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base