• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Use the Get-CsUserSession command to get all user data

I can use Get-CsUserSession command to obtain individual user data, but I have to run the script to get all user information. It would be convenient if I can run the Get-CsUserSession command to get all users without using the script.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2. skype for business powershell call forwarding

Enable call forward configuration using powershell command.
      Provide a powershell command that enables or disable call forwardign for users, as well as the limitations on that (such as local calls only, national or international).
      Case 618022093149290

396 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    3. Official implementation for the Session Detail

The Session Detail in Skype for Business admin center is currently in preview, and problems could not be restored when they would happen. So, I would like you to implement the Session Detail formally ASAP.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. could not create a new conferencing policy with parameter AllowAnonymousUsersToDialOut on SFB online.

We could not create a new conferencing policy with parameter AllowAnonymousUsersToDialOut on SFB online. We get the error below:
      You are not permitted to invoke New-CsConferencingPolicy with the following parameters:
      AllowAnonymousUsersToDialOut
      + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [New-CsConferencingPolicy], ArgumentException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.NewHostedConferencingPolicyCm
      dlet
      + PSComputerName : admin0f.online.lync.com

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. I want to export Skype for Business activity report for any period

You can select the number of days to export, but you want to be able to export by specifying any period

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Applying conferencing policies depends on external domain communicate to in Skype for Business

It would be great that SfB different conferencing policies could be automatically applied separately depending on which external organization domain that you communicate to. For example, apply conferencing policy A for external tenant domain A, and conferencing policy B for an external tenant domain B, when communicating externally in Skype for Business.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Allow us to change the default Skype for Business conferencing policy

I can change the default Skype for Business conferencing policy which is assigned to users, but I cannot change the default policy setting to assign it to new users as their default setting.
      So I would like you to provide a command or GUI to modify the default policy setting.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Enable to search Skype call logs for the last 30 or more days

Skype call logs which show the call duration with who and when can be obtained via Skype admin center or Windows PowerShell, but those can be obtained for only the last 30 days. I would request that the reporting feature to show the call logs for the last 30 or more days.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Feature that can check the number of users who are setting profile picture in Skype for Business

I would like you to implement a feature that can check the number of users who are setting profile picture in Skype for Business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Powershell & Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Disable feature for broadcast meeting to be published after the meeting

Would like to have the possibility to disable the possibility to mark the checkbox for "make video on demand available after the meeting" in the CsBroadcastMeetingPolicy the same way recording can be disabled.
      Tech community URL
      https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Skype-Meeting-broadcast-Disable-quot-make-video-on-demand/m-p/304062#M5161

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Replace Silverlight with a modern webui (HTML5)

Silverlight in 2019... really? Please replace this outdated, troublesome technology with a real, modern web ui e.g. HTML5.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. automate reporting for PSTN usage

MS deprecated powershell commands so now manual reporting. Need to automate this.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Feature to delete files that were uploaded to the Skype for Business Meeting room on a regular basis

I would like to have a feature that files which were uploaded in the SfB Meeting room could be deleted on a regular basis. I would like to do it by using PowerShell.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Allow US format for dates in Skype for Business holiday config

Holiday date format should match the format for the country of the user. Due to the current configuration of dd/mm/yyyy, multiple holidays are entered incorrectly. The United States standardized on mm/dd/yyyy and that is what we expect to use when configuring dates in Office 365 and all other systems. This is the only system that forces us to use the incorrect format for the US. Forcing us to a different standard leaves too much room for mistakes.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Feature that retrieves communications with external users in Activity reports

I would like you to add a feature that retrieves communications which is particularly with external users in Activity reports.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Powershell & Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. The method to sync contact cards instead of signing in

When updating the data of contacts、you need to sign in to Skype for Business client.
      It will be difficult to sign in to Skype for Business client if you won’t use it. So, I would like you to implement a feature that forces sync by other methods such as PowerShell.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Need ability to create custom Contact Cards templates

In our company, we wanted to have the ability to add the Office Location to the contact card pop that you get when you hover over a user. Currently it only shows the Department and Job Title. You have to click the down arrow to see the full contact card to see the Office Location.

I've seen others on here who want to show the EmployeeID, Phone Number, and other custom fields.

It would be nice if admins could create a template with the desired fields to show up on both the full contact card and the hover over card…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Role based access control

I've just found out there is no way to give limited permissions to the Admin Portal to Junior Admins so they do specific tasks like changing phone number assignments.

I feel like this is a basic feature that both Skype and Teams should have so that we follow our least privilege approach using RBAC.

Thanks

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Extract a specific skype for business meeting participant list from O365/SFB online console

I see that we do not have a place to export/extract a report of list of participants for a specific skype for business meeting. This is an important feature and seems to be missing. Can we add it please?

72 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Instructions for finding *onlinePSTNGateway* PS cmdlets

Post instructions to easily find the get/set-onlinePSTNGateway PS cmdlets. Not posted on MSFT web site but is on 3rd party web site.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base