• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Give me the Skype for Business and I will turn it into the best client in the world!

I'll send you my resume. You hire me and I'll make Skype the most awesome screen-efficient, communication solution on the planet.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Skype name

The new laws and terms that Microsoft created for Skype will lead to the destruction of the Skype.

One of them is "Skype name"

Microsoft Co. thinks sign up with E-mail or Phone number are easier than old sign up way; He thought wrong.

Many of users need Skype account with Skype name, they don't want to share their E-mails or Phone numbers, Skype did the same thing earlier. Many of small businesses and startups need a Skype name to connect with their customers but now, they can't.

Although this option is unavailable now but we want to enable again.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. MS Office website gives misleading information, suggesting that ProPlus includes Skype for business service

on this page on the MS website it clearly indicates that Skype for Business is included in the ProPlus offering, but it is not.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Desktop Sharing from internal Skype from Business app to external app of Skype(personal) Should Directly work from App itself

Desktop Sharing from Skyp from Business to outside of Skype People Should Directly work from App itself rather then sending a meeting from outlook to other person and wait until he/she understands how to connect through the meeting. Not every person is technical to understand.

Make it simple. It will help a lot and people love to use it.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. try to sent big files with and more information in a single time

try to sent big files with and more information in a single time

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Skype contact directory

Have the ability to add Skype Contacts to the Office 365 directory for all employees to use, in the same manner you can add email contacts. When adding a contact to the Office 365 Directory, there is a way to specific an SMTP address, but not a SIP address.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Problème de statut dans Skype Entreprise Basic après la modification d'un rendez-vous Outlook

Bonjour, lorsque je rajoute un rendez-vous dans mon calendrier Outlook, mon statut dans Skype Entreprise Basic change automatiquement de Disponible à Occupé. Mais lorsque je modifie ce rendez-vous et je change mon statut dans mon calendrier Outlook d'Occupé à Disponible, Skype Entreprise Basic ne prend pas en compte ce changement. Mon statut dans Skype Entreprise Basic reste sur Occupé. Je dois le modifier moi-même manuellement.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Allow longer company name on phone ports

Consider increasing the Company Name field length on the phone number port screen for Skype Online. It is currently limited to 25 characters and this is problematic for long company names or companies that have merged with others that have names like "Example Enterprises / Everyday Solutions". Even though the form says the name is not used for the port, I've found through many test ports that the name is often used to help resolve discrepancies or issues and by having the name truncated the port automatically gets rejected.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Skype for Business Basic standalone alongside O365 Pro Plus

On shared computers there's a serious issue with Skype for Business Basic 2016. When O365 Pro Plus 2016 is installed (without Lync/Skype for Business) Skype for Business Basic standalone client will not autostart on logon even though the option is selected under preferences.
      An example:
      A single shared computer is used by several people. All the users need to use Skype for Business but only some might need Pro Plus. O365 Pro Plus is installed without the SFB and SFB is deployed separately (with <Product ID="SkypeforBusinessEntryRetail"> setting in config.xml). So the former users do not have Pro Plus licenses assigned…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Enable Server Conversation History in Skype for Business Online

Skype for Business Server 2015 allows a user to use Set-CsConversationHistoryConfiguration to allow saving of conversation history on the server. The Office 365 version of Skype for Business does not have this feature.

Relying upon the client to log conversation history does not meet our business requirements, meaning we are unable to launch Skype for Business until we have some manner of conversation logging on the server.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Create Temporal alias between Skype and Skype for Business IDs

Many of us have personal accounts on Skype and now we have to create new ones for Skype for business. Someone could continue to use both (Skype and Skype for business) applications but it is one more complication...

Instead, it would be nice if a temporary alias between these skype ids could be created and perform both communications through the same application (Skype for business). If someone leaves the company and joins a new one then the alias can be removed (and added to the new skype for business account the employee may receive)

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. can be done in a single window

can be done in a single window

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Small Business Remote Deployment Tools

While this may be included in your documentation, I was unable to find/use it. I found this website which perfectly directed me on how to setup remote deployment. This should have been more clear in your own (MS) documentation.

http://www.markc.me.uk/blog/files/S4BCTR.html

We're too small to use any large scale tools like System Control Center and don't use GP to deploy software, so most of the MS suggestions don't apply. Small companies in Microsoft's view are 1,000 users. Our size of about 50 makes us infinitesimal by comparison but the amount of work to deploy software to 50 PCs is still too…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Allow Administrators to sticky corporate teams to the top

Administrators should be able to auto enroll and auto sticky corporate teams to the top of the team list. This way Skype teams can be used as the corporate homepage.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Need possibility to invite people form public skype.

Need possibility to invite people form public skype.

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Skype Calling PSTN

Calling PSTN
      After activating Calling PSTN you go through different steps to select the domain, users... and then you reach the step 4 Setup DNS
      The system is expecting you to use Office 365 DNS name server while you already have internet domain managed by another provider - the domain has been already associated with Office 365 for quite a while
      I'm sorry but asking to switch to Office 365 DNS name server is NOT a good thing

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Improved Deployment of a clients Presenence State

In the admin console, an administrator has two options for "presence privacy mode"
      1 "Automatically display presence information" which will toggle a users status to "everyone can see my presence" and this can not be altered by the end user
      or
      2. "Display presence information only to a user's contacts" which when deployed to a new user, presence will always show off line except to those in the users contact list. This requires a manual intervention to turn on to " I want everyone to see my presence"

I believe it would be a vast improvement to have option 2…

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base