• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Change the Call Queue Interval Timeout

Adjust Call Queue Interval Timeout to 5 minute increments instead of 15 minute increments.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Improve user propvisioning time

It sometimes takes almost all day between assigning Skype for Business license and Skype user actually being created in Admin center. Such delays are unacceptable in dynamic world. We sometimes have to provision users in a few hours on a notice and we can't tell our customers to wait 24 hours for Skype to work.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Remove ideas from this list that have already been implemented.

I see a lot of great ideas in this list (as well as a lot of fixes for design oversight), a lot of the ideas I see here have already been added to Skype, such as being able to message someone while they're offline, or removal of the smiley faces automatically added to messages.

I think removing or archiving what has already been done will help clear the way for other ideas to get the attention they need, and ought to be a no-brainer.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Planning for two-factor capability in Skype for Business (PC, tablet, smart phone) ?

When would Microsoft incorporate two-factor capability into the Skype for Business (PC, tablet, smart phone) without the need to generate and use app passwords?
      We use now Skype for Business 2016.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Link Auto-Attendant with Call Queu and Voicemail

Can I have all my numbers go to the same auto-attendant and based on the caller’s selection simultaneously ring more than one phone and if no one answers it goes to voicemail?

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Signin Reports for non-techincal users without having logs

It would be nice to have the ability to have logs for sign-in issues that we as administrators could review when we are dealing with non-technical users. My active case number is 618021393142143

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. SQL Express Dynamic Port may block Application Sharing

We have identified an issue where SQL Express uses dynamic high port that is also used by Skype for Business MCU, Mediation or EDGE and breaks the Media connectivity.

The SQL Express is deployed as part of the Skype for Business deployment wizard and should be configured appropriately during install.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Enable the option to customise skypename

As skype had earlier before it joined microsoft, users can get ltheir custom skype name,
      This can help to contact worldwide people wethout sharing personal email address.
      By keeping mails away from others we can protect it from spam.

24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Branded URL for Skype Meeting Broadcast

Allow organizations to set up a custom URL for users to go to when they want to use Skype Meeting Broadcast. We'd like the ability to create a CNAME record so our users can go to something like broadcast.contoso.com, and they'll be redirected to broadcast.skype.com.

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Inplace Upgrade

Please keep the option for in place upgrade from 2015 to 2019. Most smaller business do not have the dollars or infrastructure to have two environments in place during this timeline. The inplace upgrade path from 2013 to 2015 was amazing.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Create a sound box we can all scream into at Microsoft when we can't find help

Again I am wasting hours of time as Microsoft has changed something and I have lost my old skype account with my skype name. I have lost my contacts and my conversaitons and my skype credit. I can find no way of logging into it as I use the same email address for both SfB and Skype.

If you create a scream box we can all vent our fury and you can get a senseof how well things are going out here. then, you could have a love and laughter box.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Enable Microsoft teams for Government E3 customers.

Company: Florida Department of Corrections

Our Management is interested to use Microsoft Teams. We have Government E3 and F1 licenses. It would be nice if we can avail the feature.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Multi-Tenant CCE

Allow CCE to support multiple 365 tenants

11 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. How do we set audio\video and record options to disabled by default for any new provisioned S4B user ?

We have bandwidth limitations so would like to disable audio & video and the ability to record by default for any new provisioned S4B user. We only want them to be able to use the IM feature. How do we do that without having to run a Powershell script on a regular basis ? Is there a 'plan' or template where these setting can be maintained and inherited by new provisioned accounts ?

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Allow test broadcast for future broadcast without closing out the meeting

We tested the meeting, but now it's ended and we can't use again. We already sent out links, so now we'll have to retract.

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. skype-for-business should comunicate with regular skype users, without the hassle of having to register with Microsoft office365

skype-for-business should communicate with regular skype users, without the hassle of having to register with Microsoft office365

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Azure deployments of Skype for Business deployments

Until we are able to fully move to Skype for Business online, we need the ability to have a supported deployment of Skype for Business hosted within Azure. At the very minimum a single Persistent Chat pool for the rest of the on premise deployments to connect to.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. 1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Web scheduler info to be viewed on Desktop software

I have to schedule video conferences via the web scheduler, it would greatly assist if the desktop software show these meeting in the "Meetings" tab. The desktop software is normally open where the web scheduler is a hassle to get into.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. 6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base