• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Disable automatic updates for Skype Room Systems

Since you brick at least half of my endpoints every couple of months with an unstable version of SRS v2, and since the regular Windows updates - which, for the life of me, I can't imagine whey SRS is on the same update schedule as a regular Win 10 device... - automatically installed brick the other half, we need a way to completely remove our room systems from your update schedules (including Windows Store, which shouldn't even be on a device users can't log into) so we can ensure only stable updates are installed.

We're sick of being your beta…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Skype Migration Team to assist customers migrating to Office 365 SFB in all facets

Since I'm in the middle of a our SFB migration rn to Office 365 Cloud SFB, I would like to see a dedicated team that strictly deals with migrating to O365 SFB. I really lost hair over putting together a project list and trying to get all tasks accurate and addressed properly only to find I'm waiting for licenses to replicate and nobody told me to expect and after pulling an all nighter only to find out support isn't really 24/7 I'm really diasppointed we will have one day down without phones due to this issue and even more that…

2 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Microsoft Teams

Would be nice if you would not use Us are you Beta testesr. Please have the product working correctly before deploying it. Spent the last week talking to India to no avail. Cannot not add external users to MS Teams, could 2 weeks ago, cannot now. People where using now its broke and we are purchasing slack. My idea is how about hiring some competent developers and quit outsourcing.

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Office 365 user should be able to access consumption billing without having a SfB calling plan

Consumption billing should be available for users who are not on a SfB calling plan.

For Example, One of our users in in the office on only 2 afternoons per week. We want them to be able to use a phone whilst in the office however, to do so, they need to have a Cloud PBX subscription and a domestic calling plan. This users need to use the phone is limited but we still need a full subscription.
      It would be better if they could participate on a pay as you go basis by using the consumption billing to cover…

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. You shouldnt be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

You shouldn't be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

Currently I am logged in on my development surface, my workstation in the office and on my phone. Sometimes I get a message on my cell phone but not on my desktop. Or if I see the message show up on my phone and I try to respond on my surface the end user says it just sends them emails and not an I'm. Also skype calls ring where it wants and not on the device I'm actually using.

33 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. "Working Elsewhere" Status according to Calendar

For people on the road (especially consultants), the "working elsewhere" status in the calendar will default Skype for Business as "Available". However, working Elsewhere does not necessarily meant that you are available. It would be great to add another status to Skype for Business to represent the "Working Elsewhere" properly.

24 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Ability to GAL Segmentation inSkype For Business - Address Book

I have several domains sync to my tenant, today I cannot separate the address book base on my domain, I would like to have the ability to do address book segmentation, I'm able to do this in office 365, would be great to have better control on the address book that I provide my users.

39 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Schedule your status

Make an option to schedule your status as online according to your working hours.

56 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Native IPv6 support

I would appreciate it if Skype for Business Server and Clients support IPv6-only deployments. Not only for testing and lab environments but for production including all as-is workloads which are IPv4 workloads at the moment. This is a real requirement for large enterprises and the future. I'm looking forward to see Microsoft supporting IPv6-only deploymements within enterprise networks. IPv6-only in the LAN/WAN/WiFi and IPv6 transition technologies at the Edges, like NAT64 supplimentary to dual stack...

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Add features for persistant chat! Have similar setup like slack and have channels.

Our company currently uses Slack and Free Skype. We would like to merge to one tool only. I would like to switch to Skype for Business. The main reason for Slack use is for the channels and having static chat rooms per department. It would be nice to see this type of feature in Skype for Business.

36 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. When two people call each other simultaneously, just connect the calls automatically.

Really often me and my teammates end up calling each other at the same instant. Due to this there's a bit of a lag and often we both end up disconnecting our call attempt to answer the other persons call. If we just connected to each other, it would really speed things up.

19 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Skype Easy Move

It's a huge problem getting people to switch from Skype to Skype for Business. People are using Skype to communicate with external users (clients, distributors, etc.). It's great that Skype for B. can now connect to normal Skype. However, people will just not sit there searching and adding all their Skype contact lists to the new Skype for B., and then wait to be approved by the other side... No one wants to do it. So, every one keeps using their normal Skype account.

It would be extremely helpful to have an EASY TRANSFER option to transfer your normal Skype…

59 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Need the ability to be able to register customers outside of our business when we are having a broadcast. Today this feature does not exist

Need the ability to register customers and see their email addresses so we can communicate updates on broadcasting features or publications. As well as have the ability to track their usage and invite them, communicate new broadcast etc. I can do this with GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar. But this feature does not exist in Microsoft's platform

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Support for Windows Server 2019 Core to Skype for Business Server 2019

Similar to Exchange Server 2019, please allow Skype for Business Server 2019 to be installed on Windows Server 2019 Core.
      Remove the requirement for Desktop-Experience feature

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. SFB - handle Agent call forwarding in Auto Attendant

PSTN call to Auto Attendant in turn to Call Queue >> Agent >> Immediate forward to PSTN is not working. Forwarding Set for Agents/ Agents work when the phone number associated with agent/agents is dialed direct but does not work when the Auto attendant/Call Queue service number is dialed. A case was worked with Microsoft and closed without providing any support. Checking if there is a solution to this issue.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Enable Support for TCP KeepAlives in Sfb Edge Server for External Federation

(there seems to be no category for SfB Server ideas/enhancements)

Enable Support for TCP KeepAlives in Sfb Edge Server for External Federation

Unlike the XMPP Edge, the SfB Edge server does not support setting of TCP KeepAlives when federating with external partners. Often these connections go through NAT/Firewalls some of which ungracefully tear down idle TCP connections. This causes a timeout at the SIP stack level which causes delays in message delivery (if not loss)

Issue described in detail here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9c1b8e41-8c3e-42d7-be74-7dd38a069226/how-can-tcp-keepalive-be-enabled-on-skype-for-business-lync-2013-edge-servers?forum=sfbfr

The issue is that even if the TCP KeepAlives are enabled at the OS level, unless the SfB Edge…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Outside of business hours redirected to an outside company

When someone calls our company outside of business hours, we can redirect their phone call to another company (answering service) through the administration portal.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Use WSUS to update Skype for business 2015 server.

In the WSUS environment it is already possible to download the updates for Skype for Business server 2015, but you are not allowed to use it, because it breaks SFB.
      You have to do a manual installation with powershell commands.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Please implement two point in SFB online.

First, Screen sharing option should be restricted within organization as per user(not for org level).

Second, if we enable Screen sharing option then user can share within organization level as well as selective domains. (Note: user can share Skype meeting via outlook to approved domain. Therefore, user should not share with these approved domains).

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Improve cloud_connector.ini to support assign VLAN to PBX Sites

Add another parameter on cloud_connector.ini where you can fill a VLAN channel if the site is divided in multiple different connections to office 365.

5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base