• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Need the ability to be able to register customers outside of our business when we are having a broadcast. Today this feature does not exist

Need the ability to register customers and see their email addresses so we can communicate updates on broadcasting features or publications. As well as have the ability to track their usage and invite them, communicate new broadcast etc. I can do this with GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar. But this feature does not exist in Microsoft's platform

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool with two nodes not possible in Topology Builder

I am trying to deploy the new SFB2019 in my lab. For testing purposes, my SFB2015 lab was a 2-node Enterprise Pool. Microsoft has always recommended a 3 node pool, but two nodes is allowed and works.

Now I am trying to build a two node SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool, but the Topology Builder says:

• Two computers are not supported in Front End and Director pools. At least one or three and more computers are required.
        • Registrar:fepool2019.pod5.local

I cannot find this change anywhere in the SFB2019 documentation. We actually have customers running a 2 node pool for basic…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Call in and change auto attendant greetings

We need the ability for the users to call in and change the auto attendant greetings for things like a snow day or off-site meetings.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Group Sorting / Subgroups

There needs to be a way to sort groups alphabetically, numerically, etc. It would be helpful to be able to create subgroups.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Support for Windows Server 2019 Core to Skype for Business Server 2019

Similar to Exchange Server 2019, please allow Skype for Business Server 2019 to be installed on Windows Server 2019 Core.
              Remove the requirement for Desktop-Experience feature

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • SFB - handle Agent call forwarding in Auto Attendant

PSTN call to Auto Attendant in turn to Call Queue >> Agent >> Immediate forward to PSTN is not working. Forwarding Set for Agents/ Agents work when the phone number associated with agent/agents is dialed direct but does not work when the Auto attendant/Call Queue service number is dialed. A case was worked with Microsoft and closed without providing any support. Checking if there is a solution to this issue.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Need an option to change sequence in Call queues

We can added group in Call queue, however it does not allow us to set sequence for Agents

22 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Create an all user installer for Skype Meeting App

I cannot install the Skype Meeting App as a regular user. I can switch to my admin account to install the app but it only installs for that user account. If it could be installed for all users this would be much easier to manage as it could be done while imaging.

10 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add the Standard Edition Front End Role to Skype for Business 2019

It was announced at Microsoft Ignite 2017 that there would be no Standard Edition Front End role in Skype for Business 2019. Enterprise Edition using a full SQL back end will be the only option going forward. While this is a clear pain point for many small and medium sized organizations, even very large organizations use Standard Edition server in branches and offices where survivable branch options do not provide enough functionality. I would like to see the Standard server live on to meet this smaller footprint need.

512 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Enable Support for TCP KeepAlives in Sfb Edge Server for External Federation

(there seems to be no category for SfB Server ideas/enhancements)

Enable Support for TCP KeepAlives in Sfb Edge Server for External Federation

Unlike the XMPP Edge, the SfB Edge server does not support setting of TCP KeepAlives when federating with external partners. Often these connections go through NAT/Firewalls some of which ungracefully tear down idle TCP connections. This causes a timeout at the SIP stack level which causes delays in message delivery (if not loss)

Issue described in detail here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9c1b8e41-8c3e-42d7-be74-7dd38a069226/how-can-tcp-keepalive-be-enabled-on-skype-for-business-lync-2013-edge-servers?forum=sfbfr

The issue is that even if the TCP KeepAlives are enabled at the OS level, unless the SfB Edge…

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Outside of business hours redirected to an outside company

When someone calls our company outside of business hours, we can redirect their phone call to another company (answering service) through the administration portal.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Use WSUS to update Skype for business 2015 server.

In the WSUS environment it is already possible to download the updates for Skype for Business server 2015, but you are not allowed to use it, because it breaks SFB.
                            You have to do a manual installation with powershell commands.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Please implement two point in SFB online.

First, Screen sharing option should be restricted within organization as per user(not for org level).

Second, if we enable Screen sharing option then user can share within organization level as well as selective domains. (Note: user can share Skype meeting via outlook to approved domain. Therefore, user should not share with these approved domains).

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Improve cloud_connector.ini to support assign VLAN to PBX Sites

Add another parameter on cloud_connector.ini where you can fill a VLAN channel if the site is divided in multiple different connections to office 365.

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Change the Call Queue Interval Timeout

Adjust Call Queue Interval Timeout to 5 minute increments instead of 15 minute increments.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Improve user propvisioning time

It sometimes takes almost all day between assigning Skype for Business license and Skype user actually being created in Admin center. Such delays are unacceptable in dynamic world. We sometimes have to provision users in a few hours on a notice and we can't tell our customers to wait 24 hours for Skype to work.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Remove ideas from this list that have already been implemented.

I see a lot of great ideas in this list (as well as a lot of fixes for design oversight), a lot of the ideas I see here have already been added to Skype, such as being able to message someone while they're offline, or removal of the smiley faces automatically added to messages.

I think removing or archiving what has already been done will help clear the way for other ideas to get the attention they need, and ought to be a no-brainer.

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Skype Migration Team to assist customers migrating to Office 365 SFB in all facets

Since I'm in the middle of a our SFB migration rn to Office 365 Cloud SFB, I would like to see a dedicated team that strictly deals with migrating to O365 SFB. I really lost hair over putting together a project list and trying to get all tasks accurate and addressed properly only to find I'm waiting for licenses to replicate and nobody told me to expect and after pulling an all nighter only to find out support isn't really 24/7 I'm really diasppointed we will have one day down without phones due to this issue and even more that…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Disable automatic updates for Skype Room Systems

Since you brick at least half of my endpoints every couple of months with an unstable version of SRS v2, and since the regular Windows updates - which, for the life of me, I can't imagine whey SRS is on the same update schedule as a regular Win 10 device... - automatically installed brick the other half, we need a way to completely remove our room systems from your update schedules (including Windows Store, which shouldn't even be on a device users can't log into) so we can ensure only stable updates are installed.

We're sick of being your beta…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Planning for two-factor capability in Skype for Business (PC, tablet, smart phone) ?

When would Microsoft incorporate two-factor capability into the Skype for Business (PC, tablet, smart phone) without the need to generate and use app passwords?
                                            We use now Skype for Business 2016.

4 votes
                                            Vote
                                            Sign in
                                            Check!
                                            (thinking…)
                                            Reset
                                            or sign in with
                                            • facebook
                                            • google
                                              Password icon
                                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base