• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Add Skype for Business Federated Contacts to Teams Contact Groups

When migrating from Skype for Business to Teams Only mode we noticed that any federated contacts in groups in our Skype for Business client DONT get migrated when a user is switched to Teams Only mode.

We have to type the full SIP address of any federated contact when using Teams and we CANNOT add federated contacts to a group in Teams client.

The transition from Skype to Teams should include this as we have several users who rely on federation with external domains and have plenty of contacts in their client

18 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. AutoAttendant & CallQueues - Manually activate Night Mode or out of office hours mode

For MS Phone system auto attendant and call queue functionality, there should be some option/method available to manually enable-disable "night mode/office closed/out of business hours"

Once activated a different greeting can be played to callers and further new calls can be handled accordingly.

Note:- This is different from regular out of office hours and holiday settings in AA & CQ

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 留学生课程补习,理科工科商科等tutor在线辅导答疑

考前突击,课程辅导、作业答疑、洋蜜蜂tutor通通可以在线帮您解决。

上课听不懂、作业有问题、考点不清楚、成绩上不去,洋蜜蜂tutor会帮您逐一击破,最终取得高分成绩。

洋蜜蜂tutor支持全程在线教学系统视频语音白板等形式辅导。涵盖理科工科商科文科90%以上科目均有辅导老师:cs、math、finance、business、accounting、Geography、physics、Engineering等补习。

提供应试辅导,托福TOEFL,雅思IELTS,SAT、GRE考试

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool with two nodes not possible in Topology Builder

I am trying to deploy the new SFB2019 in my lab. For testing purposes, my SFB2015 lab was a 2-node Enterprise Pool. Microsoft has always recommended a 3 node pool, but two nodes is allowed and works.

Now I am trying to build a two node SFB 2019 Enterprise Pool, but the Topology Builder says:

• Two computers are not supported in Front End and Director pools. At least one or three and more computers are required.
      • Registrar:fepool2019.pod5.local

I cannot find this change anywhere in the SFB2019 documentation. We actually have customers running a 2 node pool for basic…

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Hide the title for the federated companies

As title, please add a option or script to hide the title for the federated companies

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Skype for business on Linux

I'll be very glad if can use Skype for Business on my office Ubuntu! PLS

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Adding Skill Search from Skype for Business OnPremise with Sharepoint Online

Enable Skill Search from Skype for Business on Premise with Search center URL's from SharePoint Online!

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. There needs to be an option to opt out of having a skype, or asking before auto generating a username for a skype account.

I don't understand how there is not an option to remove an auto generated skype username, if you are not planning to use this service. If I just want to use my Microsoft account for word and excel, there is no reason a username with my email address, linked to skype is a necessity. Not only is it not an option for it not to generate. You cannot have it removed once it has been generated. This is insane.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Need an option to change sequence in Call queues

We can added group in Call queue, however it does not allow us to set sequence for Agents

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Create an all user installer for Skype Meeting App

I cannot install the Skype Meeting App as a regular user. I can switch to my admin account to install the app but it only installs for that user account. If it could be installed for all users this would be much easier to manage as it could be done while imaging.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Call in and change auto attendant greetings

We need the ability for the users to call in and change the auto attendant greetings for things like a snow day or off-site meetings.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Group Sorting / Subgroups

There needs to be a way to sort groups alphabetically, numerically, etc. It would be helpful to be able to create subgroups.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Office 365 user should be able to access consumption billing without having a SfB calling plan

Consumption billing should be available for users who are not on a SfB calling plan.

For Example, One of our users in in the office on only 2 afternoons per week. We want them to be able to use a phone whilst in the office however, to do so, they need to have a Cloud PBX subscription and a domestic calling plan. This users need to use the phone is limited but we still need a full subscription.
      It would be better if they could participate on a pay as you go basis by using the consumption billing to cover…

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. You shouldnt be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

You shouldn't be able to sign into multiple devices simultaneously.

Currently I am logged in on my development surface, my workstation in the office and on my phone. Sometimes I get a message on my cell phone but not on my desktop. Or if I see the message show up on my phone and I try to respond on my surface the end user says it just sends them emails and not an I'm. Also skype calls ring where it wants and not on the device I'm actually using.

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Manageability - Planning & Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. "Working Elsewhere" Status according to Calendar

For people on the road (especially consultants), the "working elsewhere" status in the calendar will default Skype for Business as "Available". However, working Elsewhere does not necessarily meant that you are available. It would be great to add another status to Skype for Business to represent the "Working Elsewhere" properly.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Ability to GAL Segmentation inSkype For Business - Address Book

I have several domains sync to my tenant, today I cannot separate the address book base on my domain, I would like to have the ability to do address book segmentation, I'm able to do this in office 365, would be great to have better control on the address book that I provide my users.

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Schedule your status

Make an option to schedule your status as online according to your working hours.

50 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. When two people call each other simultaneously, just connect the calls automatically.

Really often me and my teammates end up calling each other at the same instant. Due to this there's a bit of a lag and often we both end up disconnecting our call attempt to answer the other persons call. If we just connected to each other, it would really speed things up.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Need the ability to be able to register customers outside of our business when we are having a broadcast. Today this feature does not exist

Need the ability to register customers and see their email addresses so we can communicate updates on broadcasting features or publications. As well as have the ability to track their usage and invite them, communicate new broadcast etc. I can do this with GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar. But this feature does not exist in Microsoft's platform

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Support for Windows Server 2019 Core to Skype for Business Server 2019

Similar to Exchange Server 2019, please allow Skype for Business Server 2019 to be installed on Windows Server 2019 Core.
      Remove the requirement for Desktop-Experience feature

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base