• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Warn when trying to send message when not viewing latest messages

When having a long text conversation, often I will scroll up the messages to look at what my colleague sent to me previously. I can lose track of what the latest message was and accidentally reply to an old message.
      Please give me a warning when I try to send a message and am not scrolled down to view the latest messages.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Same control as Conferencing Policy in meet now

Meeting that was promoted by adding third person and "meet now" are not controlled by conferencing policy.
      Meeting settings is hard-coded and cannot be changed before holding a meeting.

I want to hold a meeting with meeting settings aimilar to conferencing policy even at meeting that was promoted by adding third person and "meet now".

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Remove "Manage Content" and Add a Paperclip

During every national call, we have several people ask where they can find the content being shared. When we used Lync, it was obvious or someone could just say "it's in the paperclip" which was easy to find. Now someone has to explain where the attachments are buried or someone has to email the content to the participants. Please make it easier to find the attachments.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Allow multiple attendees to share screen at the same time

Sometimes we have to compare files and switch who shares the screen many times instead of allowing multiple attendees to share at the same time and allow each of them to choose who screen they want to look at and for how long. Everybody reads thinks in different way and different speeds.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Multiple organizers for skype meetings.

Need multiple organizers as an option for skype meetings.

23 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Worldwide Callin numbers on meeting invites (not just in a link)

Based on Company size, allow for meeting invite to include more than one geographic local number.

This is huge for large multi-national companies

Ideally, this would include the ",,????????#" meeting ID to speed up login, as clicking for other numbers does not necessarily show the meeting ID

ROI: Seconds per meeting, per attendee for multi national calls, which also reduces stress/annoyances for people calling in outside of their preferred time zones

This is in response to the note:
      "There can be a maximum of one toll and one toll-free phone number on the meeting invite for a meeting organizer, but…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Show a histogram of talk time by each person on the meeting

We use Skype for Business at work extensively and it is very common to see 1-2 people hoarding all the meeting time. This happens even if none of them are the actual presenters. It is possible that many of these people are unaware of their behavior and also unaware that they are deterring other people from speaking. Having a visible histogram of everyone's talk time will enable people to self-regulate. This will improve the quality of meetings and allow many diverse views to be heard.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Meeting reporting for attendees

For auditing purposes, it is necessary to have information about people who attend skype meetings and how long they participate in the meeting. We would like a function/script/report that provides this information.

341 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. SFB Meetings: Call Me At feature - Goes to Voicemail

When people use the Call Me At feature and then don't answer their phone, it rolls into their Voicemail, disrupting the meeting going on.

I understand that in some cases, all attendees should be muted, however, in collaborative meetings this isn't possible.

Is there any future plans to add in a feature, similar to other Teleconferencing solutions, where when utilizing the Call Me At feature to join a meeting audio would prompt the user to Answer, and then select 1 or # or something, before they are connected to the meeting?

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Live Stream Skype for Business Meeting Video/Audio

We would like the ability to live stream our Skype for Business meeting video and audio feed on our website and social media platforms, like; Facebook Live, YouTube, Livestream, Ustream, etc..

At minimum, we would like the ability to embed the video on our website. The only way to broadcast video and audio to an external source; such as; livestream, FB, YT, now is to use a Desktop capture video software. We would hope Skype would give us access to an API library that would allow us to directly connect the video/audio feed to these streaming platforms directly.

358 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Incoming Call and message notification

Make the center of the screen an option for incoming call and message notifications. Limiting the to only the corners causes then to often get missed. (This is what regular Skype does)

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Audience 'laser pointer' during screen sharing

When a Presenter screen shares... and I need to provide instant feedback - I'd like to interact with the Presenter's screen in a read-only / visual only manner... like a 'laser pointer'.
      Use case: Customer is sharing their screen and I need to direct them where to go... words can't always describe exactly where to 'click'... but a laser pointer can be a leap of an improvement.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Options to play a video in Skype Broadcast meeting. .

It is a much needed feature to play a video either embedded in a PPT or separately . There must be other options except only PowerPoint ,where members can play a short video during presentation.

44 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Join Conference call in Skype Desktop app by only having the conference id

Sometime there is no link available because the email with the skype meeting was formatted from html to text. You then only have the conference ID. The only way then to join is via phone but the screen sharing capabilities are not good because of the small screen.
      There should be a way to join a conference via the skype desktop app only having the conference ID ready.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Reporting on Skype for Business meeting attendees.

At times it is necessary to report on the people that attended a specific meeting. This functionality is currently lacking in Skype for Business.

57 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. 12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Skype Conference Call - Launch a Timer on screen counting down the time based on length of call

Hi - would it be possible that when a conference call is organised - when all dial in that a timer appears on screen counting down the time to zero based on the length of the original meeting times. This will help colleagues to really focus on their points and ensure that the meeting does not over run. The timer should be visible to ALL on the call.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Update statuses to 'Do Not Disturb' or 'Presenting' when sharing secondary monitors

It may be through design to update the status when only using a primary monitor. Statuses should be updated regardless of any monitor that is shared. There are times where I share a secondary monitor and do not want to be disturbed when I am presenting.

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Add one (1) minute snooze reminder.

Now skype has five minute and zero minute reminders. Five minutes is too early but "now" is too late. One minute should do the trick.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Integration with Moodle

For Education segment the integration with tolos like Moodle will complement the current functionalities with O365 for virtual education required today

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base