• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Surface Hub Join External Meetings

Allow the Surface Hub to join external Skype for Business and or Teams meetings.

This would greatly improve the functionality of the device.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Use mouse drag and drop to navigate the shared screen

Currently when viewing shared screen, if we use Actual Size and the presenter's screen is larger, we can only use scroll bar to navigate the area we want to see. Using mouse drag and drop to navigate will be much easier.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Manage client preferences to be opened

We have the tenant-level setting to choose rather Skype for Business client or Skype Meetings App to be used when accessing Skype meeting, however we need our users to change which app to be used. It would be great that if end users can change client preferences.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Screen view needs work.

Screen share is either too small or too large. Can you make a third option to fit best into the window as large as it can be? This is an awesome feature of WebEx that I can't live without!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Block specific functions on offline messaging

I would like to block some part of the offline messaging function without changing the policy to do so. More specifically, I want to block showing the IM window which indicates that offline message has been sent when inviting the offline user to the meeting, but at the same time allow users to send IMs to offline users.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Keep meetings that are in progress under the meetings tab until they are over.

It would be helpful to keep meetings that are 'underway' still displayed under the meetings tab.

This would be useful to those people who are always a few minutes late to a Skype meeting. When you don't have any upcoming appointments, it says "You don't have anything scheduled. Enjoy :)". However, if a meeting is schedule for 2:00pm and it's 2:01pm, technically you still have a scheduled meeting that you're just late for.

If the tab could display meetings that then disappear after the meeting end time, that would be a small change that would be very helpful. Thanks.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Add function for identifying final attendees

Unable to use information within the "scheduling assistant" of the initial invite because not everyone that accepts actually shows up.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. The best way to improve Skype for business is to keep it and not to migrate to Teams

The best way to improve Skype for business is to keep it and not to migrate to Teams. I am really struggling trying to get in contact with other Skype users. Other skype users can see I am online but I can not see them or answer a call, neither by Skype or Teams. I had to create a personal Skype to get in contact with other Skype user. the other skype user had no skype for business. This mean I can no longer get in contact with other companies by skype or teams.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Collaborate in Skype Meeting couldn‘t record the enrollment name of the external partners when they participate in with Skype for Business W

Collaborate in Skype Meeting couldn‘t record the enrollment name of the external partners when they participate in with Skype for Business Web App. After the meeting, I find many enrollment names have been recorded as Guest in the 'Conversation History' in my Outlook.
      I suggust enrollment names of these external partners could be recorded.
      Thanks.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. not able to create group or chat room in Skype for business

not able to create a group or chat room in Skype for business.
      Ticket #:11503854

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. CDQ montly report says several poor calls. How can we export those poor calls without going searching individual from Call Analytics.

CDQ montly report says several poor calls. How can we export those poor calls without going searching individual from Call Analytics.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Estimation Tool for Story Points (like planning poker)

The polling Feature is great but not comfortable to use for SCRUM plannings (set up every poll, only 7 choices). A seperate tool would be great.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Ping attendees who haven't yet joined the meeting

As a meeting organizer I find myself reaching out to meeting attendees to see why they aren't yet in the meeting. It would save me a ton of time the meeting organizer had a 'ping' button that would either send email or a private IM message to any attendee that accepted the meeting invite but has not yet joined the meeting.

3,302 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      8 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Enable Music on Hold in Skype Meetings for participants joining through Skype for Business client.

We are able to enable MOH before the meeting starts in Skype Meetings via PowerShell command Set-CsClientPolicy -Identity global -EnableClientMusicOnHold $True but this only enables MOH for participants that dials in to the meeting. Please enable for SFB participants.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Breakout Rooms are still needed!

Please make breakout rooms a reality for Skype For Business- this is a key feature that is missing and most other meeting platforms have this- Zoom and Adobe Connect Pro to name a few.

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Call ON HOLD, Unhelpful feature

please stop this feature acting automatically when pluging / unplugging audio jack, HDMI cables. very disruptive if the presenter does not realise the call is on hold,, it isn't eveident

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Add Entry/Exit Text Announcements to Conversation/Discussion

Would like to see the announcements to be text-based and logged within the meeting conversation rather than voice interrupts. This allows all participants to be notified of the comings/goings of participants - logged with date/time stamps, and does not interrupt the flow of a voice discussion or presentation materials. This also provides an audit trail for meeting organizers out of the box of who showed and when.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Easier way to conference with non 365 business clients

Please, please, please can you guys find a more simple way to add normal Skype clients to a business conference call!

This thing with having to send out invites and then wait for ever for them to see and accept, only to find they have to join via some website which never works properly! And hour later and they still haven't had the meeting! IT get's into SH*T because of it! Drives us insane!

If you have and pay for the Business package, you should be able to call and conference with whomever you want to without all the hassle!

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base