• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Don't require 2 Seperate Steps to Share Desktop

We regularly have presenters who think they have shared their desktop only to find that there is one more window waiting for their "final confirmation" that they want to share their desktop. This is clunky. Please either eliminate the second prompt or make it more fluid/obvious to the would-be presenter.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Better use of monitor real estate for viewing shared content for SfB

Better layout or a full screen content option when sharing and viewing content in SFB. There is currently more SfB window than content. It can be similar to the Surface Hub interface.

116 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. In case of issues to join a meeting, enforce Web App access point by adding the parameter "?sl=1"

The parameter "?sl=1" is generally unknown from basic end-users (most of people).

25 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Outlook Plugin Skype Meeting Options should match Meeting options OWA

When creating new Meeting and setting the meeting options, we can easily do this via the Outlook SfB Plug in. But not all meeting options are available. Hybrid environments where on-premise Lync/SfB accounts get invited to a meeting and needs to join as presenter by default is not possible when creating the meeting through the Online Calendar (via the browser). Specifically the "Who is a presenter: Anyone (No restrictions)" is not available in O365 but is in the plug in.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. 24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. 7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Ability to upload content other than PowerPoint

Provide option to upload other content into a meeting (PDF, Word, etc.)

113 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Add two way content sharing to the video interoperablity server

Add two way content sharing to the video interoperablity server for SfB server 2015.

in the present version, there is only content sharing 1 way. since Cisco and Microsoft uses different protocols here. So please fix this, so that the users can enjoy sharing content between their Microsoft and Cisco solutions.

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Screen Sharing: Huge, (with a 24pt font capital "H") functionality gap

Just looking at the drop down list of possible categories helps explain why the functionality is so lacking in what is possibly the most important part of any collaboration software package - the value you add by allowing people to see (not hear - we still all have phones) what anyone on the call is doing.

If you look at any product on the market - Webex, Joinme, GoTo Meeting - they all without exception have a common denominator of allowing the participants on a call to experience the full screen of the presenter (if that is what they want…

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Full screen mode by double clicks

Today, this feature is only available for desktop sharing but not for PPT sharing. Intuitives actions = better end-users experiences

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. In the Pick a Layout button, there should be 3 options. 1) Content (do not show participants), 2) Participants, 3) Content & Participants.

The only way to see just the content is to expand the screen with the full screen view, but I don't want the full screen to cover my other screens. Give me a non full scrren view that shows only the content. I don need to see the participants.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Improve the flexibility of the individual search functional. Should be able to find by first or last name or a combination.

It is more difficult to find the user I want to Skype with or add to a meeting because I have to start with their first name. I should able to quickly find someone by first name, last name or a partial combination. For example, Lotus Notes user lookup functionality seemed to do this much better.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Skype meeting options will automatically change

Annotate PowerPoints = Everyone I use this setting and then the setting somehow changes back to "Presenters." This has all the signs of a bug. Seemed to notice this when Lync switched to Skype for Business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Federation - contact card

I have AD and all properties of AD user filled by cyrillics, I mean display name, Surname,Title and etc and I have some properties filling by English (for example DisplayPrintableName) I propose to make it possible to select the field from AD to showing for federated contacts(name,surname,titile,company)

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. I am having a horrible time not seeing other people's presentations and cannot find a help fix anywhere on the web!; Windows 7, IE, Skypefor

Cannot see shared presentation by other SkypeforBusiness user. IE; Windows 7; can see attendees, they can see my screen when I share but I cannot see their screen. Only white square where video should be. Tried to search on internet and Microsoft Support but no help or troubleshooting tips exist. Only "how to share a screen" spending way too much time trying to resolve this! HELP!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. A on screen auto prompt in SfB for a automatic meeting start up.

Hello we would like a way of a on screen prompt in SfB for a meeting that is about to start? auto starts the meeting for you. not only Calendar app. in Outlook

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Creating Tasks Pane for recurring Online Meetings

Creating a new task pane which enable users to follow users tasks and action items for recurring meeting. that could be integrate with OneNote or SharePoint but allow the users to see what were the action items from the previous call and what has been done since.

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base