• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Random automatic texts

I had a small problem with every time my friend logs on it texts me a period. Please fix

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Add an expert option to join a meeting from email link

I have skype for business running and am loged in.
      When I get a new invite for an already running meeting, I can easily join it.

However, clicking the "Join Skype Meeting" link in older invitations does not work for me (reproducable, no matter what browser I use).

It would be great to have an expert option in the skype client to join a meeting by pasting the invitation email link there (like: "join meeting from email link")

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Allow actually taking action on Meeting tab in Skype for Business

Skype for Business / Lync has always had the Meeting tab, but it has very limited usefulness as no action can be taken on the entries. Please make them clickable and if they are Lync/S4B meetings, join them.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Add feature for notify to presenter when somebody having troubles which prevents to have a succesfull meeting

Recently I've attended a meeting where there was mute microfone, everybody was texting to alert presenter, he saw not our messages, meeting was ended up and was a lost of time. I suggest to have an emergency button wich popups a visible notification to the presenter so he/her can be advised there is a problem with the meeting.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Please allow us to detach the chat box and put it in another window or separate monitor.

I like to be able to see the people in the meeting, the presentation and the chat - a lot to fit in a single window. Detaching the chat box would give me the option of moving it to another monitor.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Make friend requests work

The idea is that when you send out a friend request, the message arrives. Just like sending out and recieving an e-mail just works.
      Also when the request arrives the 'accept' button has to work.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. how do I get a help desk number for Skype for Business

need to ask a recording skype questions, where DO I go?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. find professionals on Skype

Add option to find professional services on Skype, like therapist, IT support, life coaching, counselling, etc
      Each professional would have a feedback rating star showing next to their names so people can rely on it.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. More Emojis. And the ability to add personal emojis made by the user.

More Emojis. And the ability to add personal emojis made by the user.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Error in attachment

When we are in conference call or in a meeting then if someone add a attachment then it is showing only for that time, there are not any option to retrieve it after some time. So please add a option to retrieve it.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. more than 250 participants per meeting

Increase the max participants for online meetings - 250 users is not high enough. I'm not talking about Broadcast meetings, I'm talking about normal SfB meetings.

31 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. 6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. 5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Schedule a Skype for business meeting via business client

At the moment, it is only possible to schedule a Skype for business meeting via Outlook. Is there any support to schedule a Skype for business meeting via client?

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Wrong translation in german.

The fifth simle on the left side does not mean "Welle" in german, but "winken". The translation "wave" was done wrong.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Can Create Group Chat (can open it like using old SKYPE, no need to re-add members) and have history as usual

It is very inconvenient to create meeting very time for the same members which need to keep contact everyday without history. And strongly recommend to resume group chat for Business version, otherwise, there is no reasons to use Business version instead of non Business version Skype.

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Show the timelog of users that log-in and log-out from a group chat

it would be of interest when a user entered and exited from a group chat, especially during conf calls.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Reporting log for non-SfB users

We use SfB conferencing for live or prerecorded webinars.
      The problem we have now is that non-SfB users are logged as 'Anonymous'.

For example: A webinar with 10 external persons who use the web client are all logged as 'Anonymous'. For our Marketing this is very frustrating, as they can't contact the participants afterwards. For now we have to write down who actually attended a meeting.

I had a SfB chat with support today, they said it will be integrated in a next release. But they couldn't say a date or version.

Hope this will be fixed very soon.

Michel …

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base