• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Enable a person running magnification software to share their screen without others seeing the magnified screen

In Windows 7 (Skype for Business 2016) you could run magnification software and share your screen without recipients seeing the magnified screen. In Windows 10 this has stopped. Now all recipients see a magnified version which has become unworkable.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. please make the beats x wireless compatible with skype it has been years now since people are experiencing that problem.

please make the beats x wireless compatible with skype it has been years now since people are experiencing that problem please do something about it.

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. About launching a client application only when joining a Skype conference registered in Outlook Calendar

Please add a function that launches only the client application when you click the "Join Skype Conference" link in a Skype conference registered in the Outlook calendar.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Add "Request Screen Sharing"

Like we have the option to "Request Control" it would be really nice to have an option "Request Screen Sharing".

Main reason is because talking from a support organization, some users are not skilled enough to know how to share their screen. That will save a lot of time explaining every time how to do it.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Problem sharing virtual desktop that covers dual monitors

Here are the conditions needed to reproduce a desktop sharing problem:

• Do a remote desktop connexion with "mstsc.exe /span" to another computer with dual monitors (ex: my office computer)

• This way, I have access to my entire office desktop when I work from my home.

• When I attempt to share my desktop with SKYPE, it thinks I have a single desktop with a resolution or 3840 X 1080, it no longer give me the choice to share my left or right monitor. The other party is unable to…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Messages Read - Indicator

Can there be a tick Mark similar to Whatsapp embedded to show whether the message has been seen by the intended person? In offices, where Lync is used as the main medium of communication, it becomes imperative to see whether the messages has been read, as people dont see it sometimes or act as if they have not seen it

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Turn on video by default

I want to be able to set up Skype for Business so that it turns on the webcam on each call automatically.
      100 % of calls in our company is with video, and eveyone just wastes time turning on the video or reminding the other side that they forgot.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users

I would like to ask you to implement a feature to prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users. Currently, if you prohibit content sharing by setting meeting policy, you cannot share any content regardless of internal and external users.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Auto Join Skype Meetings

Auto Start Skype meetings: I use Skype in conjunction with outlook for meetings throughout the day, as I work remotely for a software company. Meeting reminders are typically 15 mintues prior as set by the host, and I often lose track of time and join meetings late. It would be a huge timesaver and asset to have an option that starts Skype meetings automatically, or call me. I don't want to join early else I am forced to chit chat with everyone else on the phone who joined early, where I really need to keep working on a project up…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Sort options in the participants box

Sort options in the participants box for message, audio, video and presentation status. this would help identify quickly who is not mute with background noise, presenting, etc.

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Live subtitling-SfB-subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings

Live subtitling-SfB-with ability to turn on subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. poll - hide answers from other participants and only make them available by presenter

in a poll today, even if you as presenter want to keep the answers visible only to you - this is not possible. all the participants see what the others have voted - and they vote the same :) this is making the poll useless, in the end. it would be nice if the presenter is the only one who sees how many votes were given to each option - and make this visible to the participants when needed.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Restrict how meetings are created

I want to add a feature that limits how I create meetings from my Outlook calendar only

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Surface Hub Join External Meetings

Allow the Surface Hub to join external Skype for Business and or Teams meetings.

This would greatly improve the functionality of the device.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Add Photo to use when in Skype Meetings App as "guest mode"

Being able to have a photo to use in the Skype Meetings App when joining as a 'Guest' would be great

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Use mouse drag and drop to navigate the shared screen

Currently when viewing shared screen, if we use Actual Size and the presenter's screen is larger, we can only use scroll bar to navigate the area we want to see. Using mouse drag and drop to navigate will be much easier.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Manage client preferences to be opened

We have the tenant-level setting to choose rather Skype for Business client or Skype Meetings App to be used when accessing Skype meeting, however we need our users to change which app to be used. It would be great that if end users can change client preferences.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Screen view needs work.

Screen share is either too small or too large. Can you make a third option to fit best into the window as large as it can be? This is an awesome feature of WebEx that I can't live without!

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base