• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Want to disable the Make video on demand available after the meeting setting after the video has been uploaded

Assume that Make video on demand available after the meeting has been enabled, and you start the meeting with the Skype Meeting Broadcast and uploaded the video. After the meeting, attendees can watch the video, but I don’t want attendees to watch the video.
      It would be great that we could restrain meeting attendees from watching the video after the meeting.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. function to notify you when a participant leaves a meeting or disconnects.

Please implement a function to notify you when a participant leaves a meeting or disconnects.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Attendee List

Please create a function to export attendee list with time stamps on when they joined and when they left the meeting.

33 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Add setting to disable the Gallery popup that appears when joining meetings.

The gallery popup appears over every meeting. I have to minimize it every time and I cannot find a setting to permanently remove the Gallery.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Monolog interaption as moderator of meetiong

As I'm organizing meeting and as the moderator of it, I would like to have opportunity to interrupt anyone by voice to moderate the meeting. Nowadays you can’t easily interrupt someone’s monolog.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Skype for business Group IM for Offline members pops out a seperate Chat window

The recent updates with Office 2016 Skype for business is showing a small annoying bug on group IM.

Office 2016 Version: 16.0.10730.20264

When we addressed a message to Group, an invitation is sending for offline group members by popping out in a separate chat windows to show that they are Offline.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficesfb-msowin10-mso_o365b/skype-for-business-group-im-for-offline-members/49653511-4a9c-41ef-a5c9-a0e387425235?tm=1547833080895&rtAction=1547832891030

Previous version doesn't behave like this , Is this a feature or a Bug ?.

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Communication within offline environment

Implement a feature that can use Skype for Business communication under the condition that the Internet is not available in times of large-scale disaster.
      This request may be difficult to become a reality, but we need this feature without through the Internet in case of having on-premises environment.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. The recording button is not always available. That is an issue when needing to record a meeting, or presentation.

The recording button is not always available. That is an issue when needing to record a meeting, or presentation. It would be great to have it always available.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Enable Gallery View in virtual environments

I would like you to enable Gallery View for Skype for Business Online when using it in the virtual environment.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Edit meeting titles

I would like to set a meeting title when sending instant messages for group chat in bulk or when initiate a meeting using Meet Now feature on Skype for Business client.
      I know it is possible to set the meeting title by creating Skype meeting from Calendar in Outlook client. But it would be nice to have the feature on Skype for Business client as well.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. When joining meetings from within my organization, I always show as an "Attendee" and am unable to present.

When joining meetings from within my organization, I always show as an "Attendee" and am unable to present. I don't think this should happen as I am on the same network as others in my organization.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. 15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Show the meeting title

I’m having a trouble with showing the meeting title on Outlook client for which was created with Outlook on the web. Also, the title won’t be shown when joining the meeting via Skype Meeting App regardless how you create the meeting. I would like you to meeting titles to be always shown regardless how we create the meeting, or how we join the meeting.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. allow meetings to be saved after being started

Currently there is giant issue where skype meetings may not record video after the presentation has started.

Please make meeting recording rock solid.

Ken

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Improve Skype? Make it work first.

Hello,

Let me start by saying that Microsoft has ruined Skype for business.
      I am sure that regular Skype works well. I have used it in the past to call my parents and had no problems. Even my parents who are not tech savvy, were able to use it.
      This application has made me look like an incompetent employee over four times in the last 3 days. Not only me but my boss too.
      We are extremely dissatisfied and frustrated with the entire application.

I could say it just doesn’t work at all, because that would be the honest thing…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar.

Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar. could anyone help here, it is critical for my status in skype to change.

All my colleagues status change to "in a meeting" and for me I its "available" irrespective of I am in a meeting or not.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Extend the connection time when joining to a session as a guest

When you join to a session as a guest, you will be disconnected in 90 min.
      So, it would be nice to have a feature that admins can change the connection time at will.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Set the expiration date for SfB meeting URLs

I would like to change the default expiration date for SfB meeting URLs. By default, the life cycle is 8 hours for Meet Now, and 14 hours for one-time meeting. If we set similar meeting titles for several meetings, those easily gets users confused to access the wrong meeting. It would be great if I can set any expiration date for each meeting.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base