• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Attendance list for Skype Meetings/Trainings

The ability to download a list of participants that attended a Skype meeting or training (Including external participants) would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Using Skype for business for training is difficult without this option available (besides Ctrl+N, which only includes the internal participants and lists external participants as 'Guest'')

304 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Implement the Mute function to all the attendees

I would like to use the Mute all attendees option or a similar function on the Skype meeting created form Outlook on the web or Web Scheduler other than Outlook client.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Navigate me directly to the Skype for Business meeting from the mtg URL

We are always navigated to the web browser before we join the meeting on SfB client when you click the SfB meeting URL. It would be convenient if we can directly access SfB client to join the meeting without going through the web browser.
      If you are using Mac device, you can manually change the meeting URL to join it. It would be also great if I can modify the meeting URL on the Windows device as well.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Blur Video Background

I would like to blur my video background as you can in Teams, https://youtu.be/-wCyq9oll_o.

134 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. View more than five video meeting participants simultaneously

Currently the max number of participants shown in the gallery in a Skype video meeting is five. Increase this number so that a larger group can see video of all participants. We regularly have meetings with 10-20 participants in Skype video. Would be great to see everyone simultaneously.

111 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Live Captions and and Subtitles in SFB

It would be great to have live captions & subtitles in Skype For Business, on the lines of Skype. We work in geographically distributed teams so folks with their first language not being English could gain the most from a meeting.

25 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Attendee List

Please create a function to export attendee list with time stamps on when they joined and when they left the meeting.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Communication within offline environment

Implement a feature that can use Skype for Business communication under the condition that the Internet is not available in times of large-scale disaster.
      This request may be difficult to become a reality, but we need this feature without through the Internet in case of having on-premises environment.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Enable Gallery View in virtual environments

I would like you to enable Gallery View for Skype for Business Online when using it in the virtual environment.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Edit meeting titles

I would like to set a meeting title when sending instant messages for group chat in bulk or when initiate a meeting using Meet Now feature on Skype for Business client.
      I know it is possible to set the meeting title by creating Skype meeting from Calendar in Outlook client. But it would be nice to have the feature on Skype for Business client as well.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Skype for business Group IM for Offline members pops out a seperate Chat window

The recent updates with Office 2016 Skype for business is showing a small annoying bug on group IM.

Office 2016 Version: 16.0.10730.20264

When we addressed a message to Group, an invitation is sending for offline group members by popping out in a separate chat windows to show that they are Offline.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/skype-for-business-group-im-for-offline-members/49653511-4a9c-41ef-a5c9-a0e387425235?tm=1547833080895&rtAction=1547832891030

Previous version doesn't behave like this , Is this a feature or a Bug ?.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. 15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Show the meeting title

I’m having a trouble with showing the meeting title on Outlook client for which was created with Outlook on the web. Also, the title won’t be shown when joining the meeting via Skype Meeting App regardless how you create the meeting. I would like you to meeting titles to be always shown regardless how we create the meeting, or how we join the meeting.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar.

Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar. could anyone help here, it is critical for my status in skype to change.

All my colleagues status change to "in a meeting" and for me I its "available" irrespective of I am in a meeting or not.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Set the expiration date for SfB meeting URLs

I would like to change the default expiration date for SfB meeting URLs. By default, the life cycle is 8 hours for Meet Now, and 14 hours for one-time meeting. If we set similar meeting titles for several meetings, those easily gets users confused to access the wrong meeting. It would be great if I can set any expiration date for each meeting.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Enable a person running magnification software to share their screen without others seeing the magnified screen

In Windows 7 (Skype for Business 2016) you could run magnification software and share your screen without recipients seeing the magnified screen. In Windows 10 this has stopped. Now all recipients see a magnified version which has become unworkable.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. 3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. About launching a client application only when joining a Skype conference registered in Outlook Calendar

Please add a function that launches only the client application when you click the "Join Skype Conference" link in a Skype conference registered in the Outlook calendar.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Add "Request Screen Sharing"

Like we have the option to "Request Control" it would be really nice to have an option "Request Screen Sharing".

Main reason is because talking from a support organization, some users are not skilled enough to know how to share their screen. That will save a lot of time explaining every time how to do it.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base