• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Attendance list for Skype Meetings/Trainings

The ability to download a list of participants that attended a Skype meeting or training (Including external participants) would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Using Skype for business for training is difficult without this option available (besides Ctrl+N, which only includes the internal participants and lists external participants as 'Guest'')

324 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Implement the Mute function to all the attendees

I would like to use the Mute all attendees option or a similar function on the Skype meeting created form Outlook on the web or Web Scheduler other than Outlook client.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Need a public information of Skype Meetings App

If you join a meeting as a guest via Skype Meetings App and verified users are not on the meeting (which means the attendees are guests only), you would be disconnected from the meeting in 90 minutes.
      Additionally, if you sign-in to Skype Meetings App with the Office 365 account as a verified user, you would be disconnected from the meeting in three or four hours.

Therefore, I would like to have a public information about the Skype Meetings App disconnection.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Blur Video Background

I would like to blur my video background as you can in Teams, https://youtu.be/-wCyq9oll_o.

155 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Extend the time connected to Skype Meetings App

If you join a meeting as a guest via Skype Meetings App and verified users are not on the meeting (which means the attendees are guests only), you would be disconnected from the meeting in 90 minutes. Additionally, if you sign-in to Skype Meetings App with the Office 365 account as a verified user, you would be disconnected from the meeting in three or four hours.
      It would be great if I could continue the meeting without disconnection via Skype Meetings App in Skype for Business Online.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Navigate me directly to the Skype for Business meeting from the mtg URL

We are always navigated to the web browser before we join the meeting on SfB client when you click the SfB meeting URL. It would be convenient if we can directly access SfB client to join the meeting without going through the web browser.
      If you are using Mac device, you can manually change the meeting URL to join it. It would be also great if I can modify the meeting URL on the Windows device as well.

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Improve the window sharing behavior in Skype meeting

Assume that you are sharing your window in the Skype meeting with opening two Excel files (full screen) at the same time, and you share file A first. When you switch to share file B by selecting it from the taskbar, the window shows the file B for the barest instant then it goes back to file A immediately. I would like you to improve this behavior for users to share appropriate file in the window sharing as expected.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. Want to change the organizer of the recurring Skype meeting schedule

It would be great if User B could take over the ownership of the recurring Skype meeting item that was originally created by User A.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Restrict users from joining an external meeting

We would like to restrict users from joining a meeting which is organized externally while disabling the external communication in the company.
      We are aware that a user can join an external meeting as a guest if s/he is invited from Skype meeting while we are disabling the external communication in our tenant setting.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Live Captions and and Subtitles in SFB

It would be great to have live captions & subtitles in Skype For Business, on the lines of Skype. We work in geographically distributed teams so folks with their first language not being English could gain the most from a meeting.

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. View more than five video meeting participants simultaneously

Currently the max number of participants shown in the gallery in a Skype video meeting is five. Increase this number so that a larger group can see video of all participants. We regularly have meetings with 10-20 participants in Skype video. Would be great to see everyone simultaneously.

115 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Want to disable the Make video on demand available after the meeting setting after the video has been uploaded

Assume that Make video on demand available after the meeting has been enabled, and you start the meeting with the Skype Meeting Broadcast and uploaded the video. After the meeting, attendees can watch the video, but I don’t want attendees to watch the video.
      It would be great that we could restrain meeting attendees from watching the video after the meeting.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. function to notify you when a participant leaves a meeting or disconnects.

Please implement a function to notify you when a participant leaves a meeting or disconnects.

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Attendee List

Please create a function to export attendee list with time stamps on when they joined and when they left the meeting.

29 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Communication within offline environment

Implement a feature that can use Skype for Business communication under the condition that the Internet is not available in times of large-scale disaster.
      This request may be difficult to become a reality, but we need this feature without through the Internet in case of having on-premises environment.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Enable Gallery View in virtual environments

I would like you to enable Gallery View for Skype for Business Online when using it in the virtual environment.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Edit meeting titles

I would like to set a meeting title when sending instant messages for group chat in bulk or when initiate a meeting using Meet Now feature on Skype for Business client.
      I know it is possible to set the meeting title by creating Skype meeting from Calendar in Outlook client. But it would be nice to have the feature on Skype for Business client as well.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. When joining meetings from within my organization, I always show as an "Attendee" and am unable to present.

When joining meetings from within my organization, I always show as an "Attendee" and am unable to present. I don't think this should happen as I am on the same network as others in my organization.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Skype for business Group IM for Offline members pops out a seperate Chat window

The recent updates with Office 2016 Skype for business is showing a small annoying bug on group IM.

Office 2016 Version: 16.0.10730.20264

When we addressed a message to Group, an invitation is sending for offline group members by popping out in a separate chat windows to show that they are Offline.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/skype-for-business-group-im-for-offline-members/49653511-4a9c-41ef-a5c9-a0e387425235?tm=1547833080895&rtAction=1547832891030

Previous version doesn't behave like this , Is this a feature or a Bug ?.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. 15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base