• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Attendance list for Skype Meetings/Trainings

The ability to download a list of participants that attended a Skype meeting or training (Including external participants) would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Using Skype for business for training is difficult without this option available (besides Ctrl+N, which only includes the internal participants and lists external participants as 'Guest'')

252 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Blur Video Background

I would like to blur my video background as you can in Teams, https://youtu.be/-wCyq9oll_o.

114 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. View more than five video meeting participants simultaneously

Currently the max number of participants shown in the gallery in a Skype video meeting is five. Increase this number so that a larger group can see video of all participants. We regularly have meetings with 10-20 participants in Skype video. Would be great to see everyone simultaneously.

105 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Skype for business Group IM for Offline members pops out a seperate Chat window

The recent updates with Office 2016 Skype for business is showing a small annoying bug on group IM.

Office 2016 Version: 16.0.10730.20264

When we addressed a message to Group, an invitation is sending for offline group members by popping out in a separate chat windows to show that they are Offline.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/skype-for-business-group-im-for-offline-members/49653511-4a9c-41ef-a5c9-a0e387425235?tm=1547833080895&rtAction=1547832891030

Previous version doesn't behave like this , Is this a feature or a Bug ?.

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. 15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Attendee List

Please create a function to export attendee list with time stamps on when they joined and when they left the meeting.

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

I would like to add a contact favorite to the Skype for Business client in the GUI.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Live Captions and and Subtitles in SFB

It would be great to have live captions & subtitles in Skype For Business, on the lines of Skype. We work in geographically distributed teams so folks with their first language not being English could gain the most from a meeting.

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Enable a person running magnification software to share their screen without others seeing the magnified screen

In Windows 7 (Skype for Business 2016) you could run magnification software and share your screen without recipients seeing the magnified screen. In Windows 10 this has stopped. Now all recipients see a magnified version which has become unworkable.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar.

Skype does not change status automatically as per outlook calendar. could anyone help here, it is critical for my status in skype to change.

All my colleagues status change to "in a meeting" and for me I its "available" irrespective of I am in a meeting or not.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users

I would like to ask you to implement a feature to prohibit content sharing only when having Skype meeting with certain external users. Currently, if you prohibit content sharing by setting meeting policy, you cannot share any content regardless of internal and external users.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Sort options in the participants box

Sort options in the participants box for message, audio, video and presentation status. this would help identify quickly who is not mute with background noise, presenting, etc.

17 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. poll - hide answers from other participants and only make them available by presenter

in a poll today, even if you as presenter want to keep the answers visible only to you - this is not possible. all the participants see what the others have voted - and they vote the same :) this is making the poll useless, in the end. it would be nice if the presenter is the only one who sees how many votes were given to each option - and make this visible to the participants when needed.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Restrict how meetings are created

I want to add a feature that limits how I create meetings from my Outlook calendar only

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Block specific functions on offline messaging

I would like to block some part of the offline messaging function without changing the policy to do so. More specifically, I want to block showing the IM window which indicates that offline message has been sent when inviting the offline user to the meeting, but at the same time allow users to send IMs to offline users.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Fix the skype crash

Select an OOO contact in ur skype list. Expand their OOO message in Skype. Select few letters from that text and click on Ctrl+A. And you will see Skype crashing after multiple dancing!! This I noticed on Win 10 Pro with Outlook and Skype for business.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. Keep meetings that are in progress under the meetings tab until they are over.

It would be helpful to keep meetings that are 'underway' still displayed under the meetings tab.

This would be useful to those people who are always a few minutes late to a Skype meeting. When you don't have any upcoming appointments, it says "You don't have anything scheduled. Enjoy :)". However, if a meeting is schedule for 2:00pm and it's 2:01pm, technically you still have a scheduled meeting that you're just late for.

If the tab could display meetings that then disappear after the meeting end time, that would be a small change that would be very helpful. Thanks.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Live subtitling-SfB-subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings

Live subtitling-SfB-with ability to turn on subtitles for individual speakers in group meetings.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Add function for identifying final attendees

Unable to use information within the "scheduling assistant" of the initial invite because not everyone that accepts actually shows up.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base