• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Skype For Business 16.28 for Mac does not make a TCC prompt for microphone access. All versions should prompt for mic Access.

Current version does not prompt for Mic Access in 10.14 leaving all users unable to use their mic. All versions should prompt for TCC access to the mic.

96 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Please allow Mac users to set idle time please, this is really important for lot of people

Please allow Mac users to set idle time please, this is really important for lot of people

47 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Please bring emoticons back and make behaviour configurable

Automatic creation of emoticons out of text is anoying for some, but extremely usable for others.
      I believe one should not decide how everybody should work, but give the users the freedom to setup tools they use, in the way they like.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. gallery on iOS devices

Not having gallery view on iOS devices is quite a drawback. I am only using it because the court systems force us to and will not go back to this option later if you don't add the gallery view.

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Conferencing policy features doesn't work on Mac clients

I assigned a global ConferencingPolicy to all users with "AllowOfficeContent $false" My purpose was the turn off PowerPoint Sharing area on SFB Clients.

Windows SFB clients are ok, "Powerpoint presentation" was disappeared on SFB windows clients. But it doesn't work on SFB clients for Mac they still able to see Share Powerpoint Presentation link.

SFB for Mac client is latest version

SFB 2015 is latest CU

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    6. Fix the microphone issue for mac users as useless if I can't speak on calls

There seems to by an user for Mac users which has been know for quite a while.

I cannot use my microphone which is pretty basic, as I do not get an option for Skype for Business under microphone in the privacy settings.

Due to Coronavirus, the UK courts are using Skype for business for remote hearings. Due to this issue I can only see and hear however I cannot speak which makes a farce of the hearing

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. mac keyboard british pound

Do you want to type the British pound symbol in Mac OS X? After typing something that includes British currency, it can be quite helpful to type the symbol for the British pound (£). Hopefully, it’s very simple and easy to do so, also on a Mac in a country besides the UK. If you are still not sure how to enter any symbol on a specific device. Then you can use the Character Viewer on a Mac or the Character Map tool on Windows to add it into a document. Or else you can also find it online and…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. iphone x black screen

When your iPhone X gets stuck on a black screen and refuses to power on, then it may be because of system error or hardware damage. Any device regardless of class or variant can experience similar issues at some point especially with some triggers as well. In most of the cases though, the problem is attribute to system crashes. For hardware-related cases of black screen issues, the chances are that the device might have incurred some damage from a previous instance of hard fall or liquid exposure as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. map network drive mac

Are you wondering to map a network drive on Mac? If you oftenly access a file server from a Mac it’s quite helpful to map the network drive to your desktop. There are two methods to do this. One method is to mapped for one-time use and can reset after a reboot. However, the second method is a more permanent route that enables the mapped network drive to appear and mount on your desktop after PC reboots and user logins. In this guide, we’ll discuss how to do use both, so that if you just temporarily connect to a network…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Skype Web App fails to work properly with the latest version of Catalina

When joining a Skype meeting using the web app, i install the plugin SkypeForBusinessPlugin.PKG. I enter the meeting room and i see a warning that say's that i have to install the plugin again if i want to hear the sound on my computer. The warning stays even if i install the plugin again and again. So i have to join the meeting with my home phone if i want to hear something. If a screen is shared, the web app requires that i install the same plugin again. The white board works fine. I did try with Safari, Edge…

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Properties for sale in Dubai

Stones International Real Estate offers real estate services in Dubai. It deals with residential properties in Dubai, commercial properties in Dubai, bulk purchases in Dubai, investment advisory for Dubai real estate, etc. If you want to buy property in Dubai, or rent property in Dubai, it will provide you all the necessary assistance. With Stones International, you can start your search for apartments for sale in Dubai, apartments for rent in Dubai, villa for sale in Dubai, villa for rent in Dubai, and many other services related to real estate in Dubai. It is among the <a href="https://www.stonesinternational.ae/">…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. Fix Skype for Business on Mac to request microphone

I am running Skype for Business 16.28.175 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 . Skype for Business reports that it's using my Microphone, but the volume indicator never goes up, and in Mac OS Security & Privacy settings it is not listed as having Microphone access. It is listed as having Camera access, and that seems to be working fine.

There are postings here and on the internet since November 2018 saying that Skype for Business is not properly requesting the OS give it microphone access, and there are some pretty scary workarounds. I really don't want to try to use…

10 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Why cant I send an offline message, the user can read whenever he/she is back online. this will save everybody's time

Why cant I send an offline message, the user can read whenever he/she is back online. this will save everybody's time

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Allow me to not appear idle after 5 minutes.

You are chaining me to my desk during COVID.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. dark mode

Please add support for dark mode which appeared in macOS 10.14 Mojave:

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/visual-design/dark-mode/

785 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      12 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. skype for business sucks ****

skype for business sucks ****

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. The total it takes+1(850)332-0652 for a markdown of Cash App transfer failed?

Cash App transfer failed can consider 1-to be days according to your bank terms and conditions. On an especially principal level, the full scale will be bound into your Cash application balance in a moderate second if the exchange made by systems for Cash application worth or charge card. In any case, in the event that exchanges made by procedures for a Visa, by then markdown go into a Mastercard too. https://www.email-contactsupport.com/blog/cash-app-transfer-failed

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. How do I install McAFee antivirus on My PC?

I’m using a computer system for my official tasks. I want to protect my computer system, necessary files, and folders from virus attacks, hence I want to install McAFee antivirus on my computer system. I want to install McAFee antivirus software using mcafee.com/activate. I don’t have experience for installing McAFee antivirus software, so I am getting stuck in the mid of the procedure. I need to open this website in the preferred browser and sign in with the account. And enter 25 digit mcafee.com/activate product key code. After that, I go to the process “log into McAfee account with the…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Remove/Change request for feedback after EVERY cal

I make many calls from Skype, and am constantly harrassed with a stupid request for feedback on the call quality. I then need to stop being productive, and go click cancel, to remove the bouncing notification I did not know Skype was still in Beta testing. Full-fledged products only need occasional feedback, not every call. Annoying

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base