• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Show status and location together, even when searching or with conversation window opened

First of all, it's hard to find people with SfB, because the searching engine only works with first and second name.
      When looking at the groups view, you can see contact's Locations or Status. We should be able to see both.
      When you search for a contact, it's location/status won't be shown. It should.

11 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Make it so i can see my skype for Business Skype ID so i can share it

Make it so i can see my skype for Business Skype ID so i can share it outside of Skype

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Remove the ads.

Remove the ads from the application.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Invoking a call is not intuitive

When clicking on the icon "telephone handset" to invoke a call, a popup appears. Unfortunately, I did not realize that one has to click on the text "Skype Anruf" (probably "Skype Call" in English) to actually invoke the call. I thought that this is just a hint with the description of what the button does, and so I wondered why I cannot call anybody. I then needed help from the support to tell me that I have to click on the text "Skype Anruf" in the Popup. I think that this is really not intuitive as it looks like a…

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. The ability to travel through time. Would be helpful in some situations.

Travel through time.
      Backwards, Forward.
      Either one so we don't get to confused.

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Status Message Addition

How about a status of "Don't You Dare Interrupt Me"?

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. OH MY GOSH THSI SKYPE FOR BUSINESS **** IS SHITE

SKYPE FOR BUSINESS **** IS SHITE DO NOT GET IT!!!

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. 8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Global notification option for emergencies - (Break through 'Do Not Disturb')

Allow system-wide notifications to be sent to all users for company wide notifications to all device types.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Show better "traditional" voice switch video feed instead of galery view

When you are in conversation with multiple other participants, you don't really need to concentrate on ALL participants at once. You only need to view the person that is talking. Traditional videoconferencing MCUs achieved this through voice switching participants, showing that primary speaker as the largest view, with other as smaller feeds.

There is sooooo much wasted screen real estate in Galery view, and it makes no sense.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. 5 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Problem with adding new people to chat.

I cannot add new people to the chat by draging them to the chat window.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. The call controls on the bottom of the chat window are annoying and consume lot of desktop space.. they could be embedded somewhere in top

The call controls on the bottom of the chat window are annoying and consume lot of desktop space.. they could be embedded somewhere in top

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Lync Web App Browser Window Remain Open

Enable the internet browser window to stay open once a user selects to Join a Lync/Skype meeting, this way it enables them to be able to use Lync Web App

If there are any issues with the Lync client connecting to meetings then it gives the user a fall back option to test and try.

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. The search on the PC is terrible

The search function on the pc is terrible it takes up to two minutes to get any results. If I type in a name perfectly sometime it can't find that person. WTF is up with that, how hard can it be to make a simple * search. I waste to much time waiting on that thing. It works up to 100 times faster on my cell phone giving me instantaneous results when I input a letter. If I input one letter for skype on the PC search it doesn't even do anything. WTF is up with this **?

7 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. The difference between the sykpe for business icon and the skype for desktop icon so never know which one I am clicking on.

The icons are so similar I cant tell which app it is. Very annoying. Either merge the two together or make them different so I can tell which one I am opening on the taskbar

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Have a function to enlarge the image shared by other parties within the conversation rather than use of whiteboard which will be wiped out

Whenever I copy and paste an image or conversation to another 3rd party, the image becomes very small.. and there is no way of enlarging it despite enlarging my conservation screen :(

there's no reason why I have to re-invent the content onto the whiteboard for something which is copy and paste..

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Move conversation tabs to the top, application is too wide on small screens

Move conversation tabs to the top, application is too wide on small screens

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base