• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Bringg better network staistics into the client

The statistics or network information shown in the client is rubbish, plan and simple. Whilst this is is fine for the end user, the people supporting this need to know info in real time - which the SfB server does NOT provide. We need to know thinks like packet loss, jitter, CODECs in use etc etc.

10 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. I'm seeing a lot of inconsistencies in incoming messages across devices...

I'm logged into skype business on win 8.1 desktop, win 8 phone and win 8.1 surface pro... I'm expecting to get messages no matter what device I'm using... the problem is I'm not. I might get notification on one device but not another... Or i'll miss a whole string of messages on a system, when I'm sitting at the keyboard... and they'll go strait to my email for no apparent reason... I also get double notifications for one incoming message... it's just a mess :( and when you open skype from being minimized, it takes a good 10 seconds before…

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. 4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4. Make it work

Cannot link Skype business to outlook account although they are detailed there under a skype business heading and I cannot add a new contacts as a favourites as it has the command has disappeared from the right click menu.

1 vote
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5. Single version (and free) Lync/SfB client for PC

IMO is a big mistake to have a full Lync/SfB client and a free Lync/SfB Basic.

Lync costs should be bound to activated feuture only. The client should be only one for PC and free, like the Lync Mobile clients.

This could improve the software distribution across the customer's clients, because the customer do not have to choose witch client version to install, but only witch feature (and CAL) to enable for users, and last but not least, lower a bit the costs of Lync.

21 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Hi Its nice app. Can you add delivery report and read report for sent meggages, like whats app?

Hi Its nice app. Can you add delivery report and read report for sent meggages, like whats app?

6 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. Fix the intergration issue with service manager

Lync use to integrate with Service Manager to show the presence of someone when assigning a ticket to them. Now service manager tries to use Skype for Business to find the presence information and hangs service manager until a timeout occurs. I was unable to find a easy way to submit a bug ticket.

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Make Skype for Business(Lync) as light as actual 'skype'

Current version of skype for business occupies more hardware resources.

12 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. 8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. BeginStartConversation() doesn't send the supplied message unless conversation window open already.

The API call "BeginStartConversation()" is supposed to open the conversation window if it's not already open and then send a message supplied as part of the contextData parameter. It it works in earlier versions of Lync, but not in Skype for Business. In Skype for Business, the message isn't sent unless the conversation window was open by the user, to begin with.

This used to also be a bug in Lync 2013, but it's apparently been fixed now.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Make

Make the status icons bigger, especially my own status in the Notification area on the Windows task bar. That let's me see at a glance what I'm displaying to others.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Do not prevent people from calling you are presenting to

If you start presenting to someone, you go into DND mode, preventing anyone from calling.
      Interestingly, this even prevents people you are already chatting with and presenting to from calling.

This seems odd. Thus, at least the people you are presenting to should not be blocked from calling in DND mode.

4 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. how can I reemove the Pictures.

it is not possible to remove the pictures from a chat or from desktop sharing. His need much space on the screen and disturb the work with the tool

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Put it in a sack, blow it up and throw the remainder in a fire.

Kill Skype for Business. I'd rather lick my own arsehole out than use it.

12 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Finding people you know on Skype.

Skype for Business needs to be able to scan your outlook contact list or the email addresses that you deal with, to help you locate people you deal with, using Skype for Business.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. 19 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Status doesn't work well

On my computer, Skype is linked to Outlook 2013.
      Sometimes the automatic status doesn't work : my status is occupied although there is only meetings with available status in my outlook calendar.

8 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. My display picture will not display, even though I have it set to "show".

This isn't really an idea, more of a complaint unfortunately. I cannot see my display picture, even though it is set to "show". Some contacts can see my picture, some cannot. I've tried uploading a different one but this does not show either.

3 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. New Option so it doesnt pop up when you do a call

We are using Swyx it Client in our Company and if we take the Phone or pick a converstion up skype shows up. we dont want that

9 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Option to not show presence set in the client or at least have an option of show as offline

Option to not show presence set in the client or at least have an option of show as offline. This should override the administrator chosen setting in the server or on the cloud. Instead of a all or nothing setting for the entire domain, you have no option to customize this for individuals.

14 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base