• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Please add the "blur background" option and/or the Virtual Background Option to Skype for Business

Can you please add a "blur background" feature on Skype for Business now that many businesses are having employees work from home? Either that or a virtual background option? You already have this feature in Microsoft Teams so it should be easy to add it to Skype for Business

119 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: Facebook Google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. I want to prevent audio from playing automatically when sharing PowerPoint with embedded audio

When sharing a PowerPoint file with an embedded narration sound source in PowerPoint sharing of Skype for Business, the sound source is automatically played when the slide page is sent.
      As a result, the sound will be interrupted, so please make sure that the narration sound source is not automatically played or that it can be controlled by a policy or the like.

16 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Add (mariachilove) emoji to Skype for Business

Skype for Business is more or less impossible to work with when (mariachilove) emoji is non-existing.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Export the activities report of Skype for business users

get the feature for exporting the activites of SFB users, like : the prescense information, how long time the users away. etc

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      0 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Dark Mode

Please create a dark mode for "Skype for Business"

91 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      1 comment  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Please add option to reuse the poll

I've use Skype poll for recurring training. And every time need to create the same polls.
      Please add an option to reuse the poll

23 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    7. While using Magnifier I want to share my screen with participants seeing a normal size view

While using Magnifier to view the screen I want to be able to share my screen with other participants and the participants see my screen at the normal size view. Otherwise the participants sense a zoomed in view which is not useful if they do not use Magnifier.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    8. make this feedback web page useable

trying to find & vote for simple changes/additions to Skype should be easier. Like the app its self this page is ****. What should be a simple task is made over complicated. EG I had to select a category,. I have no idea what category this should be in! Remember the vast majority of your customers are not IT Geeks, Skype like all computer software is a tool to produce something, it is not a an end in its own right.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    9. Office 365 data protection

Microsoft is responsible for protecting the Office 365 physical and virtual infrastructure and ensuring availability. Although Microsoft addresses certain security threats, it cannot prevent all malicious threats. Businesses are responsible for protecting their data. This means that if a business’s Office 365 data is compromised or corrupted, it is not Microsoft’s job to restore the data outside of the Software Licensing Terms. To protect data, businesses need to make sure they have data backup and recovery plans in place.
      https://www.nakivo.com/microsoft-office-365-backup/

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    10. How can I install an HP printer driver using 123.hp.com/setup?

I need an advanced printing machine for printing the documents. I need a printing machine for my printing purposes. So, I have purchased an HP printer, and now I want to set it up properly. I want to set up an HP printer using 123.hp.com/setup. First of all, I am doing this job for the first time, so I can face problems. I am not sure about this setup procedure. Before the setup process, I need to install the HP Printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup. I have opened 123.hp.com/setup in the preferred browser and entered the model number of my HP…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    11. Horrid platform: Crash stability and common sense

Skype For Business is just such a poor excuse of a conference and corporate tool. So many other free platforms out there that simply outperforms Skype's capabilities, thank heavens we are terminating you soon. Messages don't sync up between devices... Logs are inconveniently stored separately... Messages sometimes do not get sent?!? Not because of receiver's status but because of your incompetence! (Like seriously? You are a messenger no?)... And for bloody humanity's salvation sake: FIX YOUR BLOODY CRASHING!!! You not only fail to close and restart, but crash my whole computer and in order to restart, I have to hard…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    12. Keep and show history of chat in chat window (even when closed) for some time (e.g. whole day),

When you open conversation history or chat window for specific contact / coversation it would be great if history of chat from that day would be available. Also keeping this configurable (server policy and client configuraiton) would be also the best option.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    13. add my own voice to the headset mix when on a skype call

when calling out, i would like to hear my own voice in my headset. As of now, i can hear other voices, but not mine. my own voice is muffled by the headphones on my ears.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    14. Meeting Entry Info (Call In) as QR code for easy dial in

I'm using Skype on VDI (Citrix Workspace) and audio doesn't work well, so I have to call in using the Meeting Entry Info. However, it is cumbersome and error-prone to dial manually, so it would be smart if the dial-in Number and Conference ID was presented as a QR code for phone number. Then you would only have to scan the code and click call :-)

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    15. Laproscopic surgery cost in India

LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY COST IN INDIA
      Laparoscopic is a surgical technique generally opted to execute gynaecologic surgery, gall bladder surgery, and intestinal surgery. Laparoscopic surgery got his name because of the tool or instrument used during the surgery, laparoscope, a piped looking tool having a small camera & light linked help to see the abdomen area through a tiny incision. Laparoscopic surgery is also recognized as minimally invasive as in this surgery tiny cuts are used, consider the other surgeries. Laparoscopic surgery is used for many other diagnoses which include tumour, blockage, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic prolapse, etc. Laparoscopic surgery is…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    16. Showing company name in pop-up notification

When I receive a call from a contact, which is already in my contact list (with all available details, such as Company Name, notes etc.) I would like to see that in the pop-up of incoming call (toast?)

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    17. Kill it and replace with teams

Kill it and replace with teams

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    18. no option to close content

I don't want to see the content in the desktop app while I'm in the meeting. I only want to join by voice but there is no such option. available in the mobile app.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    19. Skype for Business 2015 - disable call forward button on client UI

I have a customer that wants to forward the unanswered calls (after 40 seconds) to reception number ( All users in the customer environment are Enterprise Voice enabled).

We can achieve this through SEFAUTIL, to set the call forward on no answer option to the reception. I have noted during testing that due to the fact that call forwarding is enabled on the voice policy that it is possible for the users to change this setting directly from their Skype for Business client. The customer would like to prevent this, however disabling the function under the voice policy prevents the…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    20. Designer Light Blue Kurta with Plazzo

The amazing versatility of Designer Light Blue Kurta with Plazzo can be worn to make it work or for casual events such as casual outings or even weddings. Here are some tips for buying elegant Designer kurta with plazzo for those special occasions. Try a tunic made from a more expensive fabric such as Georgette or Cora Silk. When you enter the room dressed in Venetian red and black, the heads will turn, which will be made from a mixture of silk covered with metal wire. Round neck lice can be embellished with antique sequins. Wear this tunic with long…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
    ← Previous 1 3 4 5 215 216
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base