• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

The conversations should load with the history automatically

Like Skype for public, this app should load previous conversations in the same chat window. Currently we have to scroll through a list of chats maintained for each session. Instead, it should display conversations like Skype

16,402 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Nauman Sohail shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

115 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • William Rolison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't think Microsoft is even responding or monitoring theses requests. Previous obvious since no status, no comments, nada. Site total waste of time.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been around since 2015. This is the number one requested item and there are even multiple threads for the same issue that all have multiple thousands of votes. I seriously doubt that this issue will be addressed any time soon. It's crazy because so many different applications already implement this feature. It's a shame.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was brought here, searching for how to do exactly this. Hoping to find a third party solution

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you need to really get your **** together. The lack of this feature has executives and bosses going crazy at my company, and they want us to move back to domestic Skype which you've actively been making harder for business use by your pushing of domestic Microsoft accounts, removing custom usernames.

You're giving IT departments one **** of a headache with a product that is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

We just moved to Skype for Business because regular Skype is now unmanageable with a growing company and the fact that Microsoft removed usernames from it.

It's been 2 days and already the CEO has decided to go back to regular Skype. It is a DISASTER. And it is making IT departments look terrible.

Microsoft what are you playing at?!

Dear Skype for Business Team, dear Microsoft,
          you WILL lose customers by continuing to treat users this way. We just started using SfB in our company and I am absolutely bewildered that it does not have a conversation history. Please have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment and stop neglecting your core software just because you are at the process of creating a successor (in this case, Microsoft Teams)!

• Michael Jeanfreau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are new to Office 365 and I've been promising users that there is a way to continue conversations instead of starting new ones each time... of course there's a way, right!?!? Holy cow Microsoft, get it together on this incredibly clunky implementation. Slack is looking like an attractive alternative...

• M.T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After watching Microsoft ignite post my comments below; realized that Microsoft will not develop SFB. Their focused now on Teams that will completely replace SFB.

Lets save our breath and wait for Teams federation and skype features launching in near course.

I already started fully utilizing Teams in which I utterly give thumbs up to Microsoft.

By the way Teams has chat history feature and many of requested features we are asking for in SFB.

• M.T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is Microsoft lazy???!!! Respond to users requests. This is a very important and urgent feature required by many many users. What's is going on?

Issue taking more than should to be resolved!!!

• Igor B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this with SfB Server 2019!
          Or give us a client like MS Teams :)

• Mahmoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess when Microsoft developers look at this feedback they see nothing because NO history showed up. So they just see blank page............

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base