• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Add screen capturing feature

Copy/paste feature is a rather lengthy process. Adding a simple screen capture feature to the tools (such as attaching files, emoticons, etc) would be very helpful when needing quick discussions and actions.

10,070 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inability to perform screen captures from within Skype is unadulterated arrogance and negligence on the part of Microsoft and it is insulting. The consistent disregard for customers is the hallmark of Microsoft's business model.

Use the Acethinker Free Screen Grabber Online. It is a simple and reliable tool for taking screen captures or screenshots of my computer. There is no hassle in capturing process because you can do it with just simple clicks. Give it a try and see it yourself.

• Peter Lay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our business needs this feature as part of our KYC requirements. Integrated is much better then 3rd party tools. Additionally I would like to request you can set it to take x snaps per minute and name the snaps with the caller name as a unique identifier.

I hope this feature will come soon. 3 weeks without sametime, and i am starting to miss it! Using the snipping tool in W10 then sharing via skype is not the same thing ....

Love this idea. I want to echo Rodney's comment:

"We've just moved from IBM Sametime also. I can't believe this feature isn't present in SFB. The simple screen capture and markup tool that is accessible from a single click in Sametime is an extremely useful feature in a business messaging app."

• Rodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've just moved from IBM Sametime also. I can't believe this feature isn't present in SFB. The simple screen capture and markup tool that is accessible from a single click in Sametime is an extremely useful feature in a business messaging app.

• s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you know the meme with skeleton waiting for something?

yeah..

its been 2 years.

• JKB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We now moved from IBM Sametime to Skype FB, and in sametime it was one of the best feature to capture screen shot and that would automatically appear in chat window and before send to your chat partner even you can edit it. And now this is missing in SFB. Not a good move.

Also we are missing to add GIFs in emoticons panel and this is pretty nice feature in Sametime.
          Please understand Business people also has life and need some fun at work.

• red commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please add and while you are at it, make it possible to send screen shots and pics via the mobile app.

yet another lacking feature in Skype for Business. Every time we come across a feature like this or the Skype meeting just cuts out for no apparent reason, we call it "getting skyped". If you are reading this, then it looks like you got skyped again.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business -> not fit for business use. Pathetic

• David Gao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please check what QQ is doing for screen capture. 1. Use you mouse to click any window to capture, 2. or use your mouse to draw any area on screen to capture. 3. And then using drawing tool to highlight area on the captured image.

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MUST if we are talking about business, specially engineering stuff !
          And please, please make it ASAP !
          Otherwise a whole thing is useless.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base