• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Linux desktop client for Skype for Business

Ignore the Category.
    Make the desktop client available for Linux.

12,771 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1001 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys if you are searching for some variant you could use HP my room, it have a better performance on sharing screens it also have client on both environment windows and linux

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently we use a third party alternative. Skype is better, but of no use if you can't talk to everyone.

• Krishna M S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

We are currently using the consumer version of Skype and considering Skype for Business. Unfortunately there are 10 Linux developers who use Skype regularly. We badly need a Linux client very badly.

• Michael Baumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really, really need this client, fully featured! Please, there's Skype for Linux now, but you don't support your paying business customers? Developers use Linux regularly, often because their legacy tool chains don't allow anything else or simply because some tools are only available on Linux. Right now in my company I have to start up a Windows VM just to join a meeting, which is ridiculous! I need a client able to show my Skype online meetings in my Office365 account, able to dial out, able to do screen sharing and everything else.

Companies like appear.in offer all chat solutions and even screensharing x-platform in a browser!

Yes, please make a linux version of Skype of Business. And use standard open protocols too.

I'm working at a German >300.000 employee company and we only have this Skype **** for video conferencing and screen sharing - that's a real pain ********** for all Linux SW devs.
          We're still working to get Ciscos WebEx back for the whole company since they provided Linux support. ****** support, but at least it worked somehow.

• Johannes Stadler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason why we still have to use Google Hangouts if we want to start a quick video conference even though we would have Skype for Business. Always starting a virtual machine etc. is really inconvenient...

• DanKing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing more to tell. We've got designated Linux machines for developing and testing without VM or dual boot. It's a real pain in the 4$$ to participate Skype Business ConCalls on a second machine.
          So please start developing a SfB Client for Linux, it'd be very appreciated.

I completely agree with the rest of participants in here. Linux for Bussiness client for Linux should be one of top priorities for MS.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As this uses SIP and is a PAID FOR SERVICE why can't we connect with a standards compliant SIP client ?

• Elias Faraclas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a Skype for Business app for linux! Right now I have a windows virtual machine which more or less is used exclusively for Skype for Business [Office 365 works great in the browser]. I have the Tel Red solution installed but it really doesn't work well at all.

Or, give us a full featured Skype for Linux and allow it to connect to Skype for Business as well!

• Michael Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least make public a sufficient protocol description for alternative client to be built. Better to have used a public standard to begin with, but better late than never.

• BA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Skype 4 Business (Lync) for Debian / Ubuntu and other Linux distributions

• jp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. This blocks our ability to adopt the software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base