• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Linux desktop client for Skype for Business

Ignore the Category.
    Make the desktop client available for Linux.

13,721 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1121 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ubuntu linux client is required. Most of the developers uses Ubuntu linux on their machine.

All of my companies systems are Linux which precludes us from using SfB as far as I am aware

• Fulup-bzh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have Linux user in or community which is the reason why we cannot use Skype for Business. Until this will be solve we will stick to appear.in

• Eric Sandgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The absence of linux support for Skype-for-business is the only reason I'm unable to use linux in our business-environment

• soso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a real pain that you don't support Linux. I was trying to join a meeting with colleagues from home, but I wasn't able to open the Skype-for-business-links they had sent me (no, the .msi-download option isn't helping at all, as other users pointed out before). This is really annoying. So many applications offer Linux support that it seems like standard nowadays. So why is Skype not able to do this?

• Jean Nouzeilles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny to say, Microsoft uses TONS of Linux servers. Starting with several of their exposed web servers. Easy to dig and catch which ones are Linux. But they deny adapting to Linux pretending their big shXt plaster of Windoze Zerver does something useful. It's not us who should ask Microsoft to give us a client like begging for the crumbles that fall from the table. It should be US, by not using their **** until we bring down their company. Unfortunately they will keep coding cheap bad code with lots of clicky-clicky and fancy colours until the last stupid dies away from the face of earth. They live off stupid people.

• Sven K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your cloud product Office 365 includes Skype for Business.
          As a cloud company you cannot expect to force a customers client OS .

If there's no web client for Skype for Business available, please make sure to offer a working client for common Linux platforms, as you did it for your standard Skype client.

• tymik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are they ignoring Linux all the Time ? **** **** ****.
          Hey Microsoft: You are using Linux for your ******* Azur platform but you DO NOT want to provide Skype for busines for Linux even no Office !
          I'm ****** of already. Arrogant idiots!

Its pity that Microsoft even do not allow Linux users to join skype meetings via web browser, whereas windows users can do so without installing desktop skype for business client.

Anyway, skype is dead, Microsoft is developing teams that says install on any platform, but Linux is not supported list, what a joke!

"Skype for business" has absolutely nothing to do with "Skype".

M$ just renamed Lync as "Skype for business".

Lync does not work in linux (nor in anywhere else).

Please let Lync die, just bin the whole code and start from scratch with actual Skype.

Feedback and Knowledge Base