• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Linux desktop client for Skype for Business

Ignore the Category.
    Make the desktop client available for Linux.

13,206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Ed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1056 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Ravi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kind of insaine that there isn't a web-based client (How long have we had google talk/hangouts for??), and even the poor one that is in Outlook365 is being dropped.

The free skype service has linux/webclient support, but I'm blocked from signing up using my work email address because I have office365!
          Should have it as an option wen you sign up - do you want to use Lync or Skype!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I know this is paid version of skype and still no client for linux users? Shame on you. I have to do workarounds to participate in meeting because you just don't care. I would rather this service to never exist, in that case I could work normally. 10 developers in my team has this issue

• Mihai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful in order to avoid typing to my Slack account (from Android phone) all hte links I need to send on Skype for Business(also Android phone).

• Sergio Vergara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saludos. Me pueden indicar si próximamente van a lanzar Skype for Business for Linux?
          Gracias y espero me puedan brindar su respuesta.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a S4B for Linux (S4B4L?) client. You are dismissing a large portion of the market by not providing one.

• Job Hunting Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a few people have mentioned before now, I would really like Skyp for Business. I have to either use a Windows or Andriod operating system to use it.

• Per commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of our developers live in Linux-land and a web client or a native Ubuntu client for Skype for Business would be a real improvement for their ability to participate in company wide (global) meetings.Please!

• abdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for business isn't really cross platform until it is available on Linux...

• Murugesamn, Senthilvel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its really surprising the feature is missing in Linux but available for Mac. The number of users are growing and Manjaro is one of the strong Linux platform to use. I would love to see them available in Linux too, or at-least the web client.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53

Feedback and Knowledge Base