Allow custom emoticons (GIF)

9,755 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christoph Heyder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

433 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Drew Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highly agree with adding this in. Unrestricting employees means of expression and communication is vital to a successful business. Changing from Notes to Skype for Business has been a big let down simply because of this.

• Elliott Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I found out that my new job had Outlook instead of Lotus Notes I was thrilled. When I found out that we had Skype I was even more excited. Then I discovered that we couldn't use GIFs or Emojis and wished we had ANYTHING else (including Lotus Notes).

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent idea! Emojis and GIFs are common means of communication. They can create a tone for an email or IM where there would otherwise be none.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an HR/Marketing professional - we have found that moving from the regular skype to Skype for business and the loss of the more elaborate emojis, gifs and sentiments - has devastated our ability/desire to communicate. Skype used to be a great interactive "warm/fuzzy" community workplace feel. And the gifs and emojis were a definite resource in understanding one another and each others different approach to communication. In a nutshell - made work more fun!
      Now - with Skype for business - we have returned to the cranky non-communicative atmosphere that existed before skype at all.
      This is just one little way business had become more friendly and allowed people to be gentler with their discussions and rationales with meetings, messaging and everyday niceties.... which are being lost. Those intermittent daily chuckles and exchanges made for a more pleasant work space.

Please add the gifs, and better emojis from the basic skype to Skype for Business.

• Anndria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GIFs, GIFs, GIFs! We need them!! can't believe there is NO eyeroll in the standard set?! 4 years since this request, let's go!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not here but the request is on the top of the user feedback since 4 years. Can you make a move Microsoft / Skype ?

• SolarFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for business chat is a joke compared to Lotus Notes Sametime chat.. :(

The list of available emoticons is very poor. I want to be able to import new ones from my old Lotus Notes application.

• Hamish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have Gifs - would be a valuable addition to Skype.

Please add this option. I always believed that outlook and skype would be an upgrade but seems to be even more basic than lotus notes and sametime. Fix this

Please allow the use of Gifs. Come on if Lotus Notes sametime has a better function then there is something wrong.

• Patrick Delage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Emot is the thing that make emotion trough and fun factor into distant communication. Specially when so much people are working from home.

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring Gifs, our old email system had it but we have since switched to Skype for business. Very sad as it was great for engagement in our office and everyone nationwide would participate in making and sending gifs

Please do NOT add custom emojis. In fact you can remove emojis all together.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Feedback and Knowledge Base