Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Error "This message wasn't sent to ***" then "The action couldn’t be completed. Please try again later."

Skype for Business Error

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Veshant ChettiarVeshant Chettiar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philippe MiouletPhilippe Mioulet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing this error a lot mostly with mac clients.

I also did a client to interact with UCWA api and it simply looks like the 'Connected' state never comes in the event loop for these customers. Meaning that it looks like the user is not online/not accepting requests.

Skype for business is just the worst messaging system and it's a shame it is the most used.

• BernieBernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, seeing this as well when Windows users attempt to send messages to my SfB for Mac 16.7.175 client. Seems like it happens when I'm idle or busy as others have mentioned. There are some times I don't even get the messages, but most of the time I do.

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Same issue here with our company chat. One would suppose Microsoft would actually have the resources to attend to this issue or provide a solution, but googling it that doesn't seem the case even though this exact issue has been ongoing for a year.

Whats the point of having a chat application if it does not send messages? Also very irritating to get this notiication a minute after you thought you actually send it..

Quality of S4B is pretty bad to say the least.

• sethseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening in v.16.3.240 for Mac.

In limited testing, I can say that this appears to be worse when the recipient is running a Mac client and their status is "idle". This may not be the only scenario.

Surely some debugging could root out the issue and make it fixable? this is a deal breaker in the enterprise.

• Brandon KernsBrandon Kerns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen this throughout the SfB Mac preview, and still now with the release version. Users of the Windows client see "This message wasn't sent to..." when messaging with users of the SfB Mac client. We do not have the issue when the Mac end is running the previous "Lync" client.

We won't be able to push SfB Mac to Production while this is an issue.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please address this. It's been cropping up a lot in the past couple of days.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone have any idea the cause(s) to this vague error? We have continuously seen the error throughout SfB Preview...in fact, it existed in LfM.

Is one scenario related to having multiple connections to SfB/LfM on multiple devices and the message is unable to be routed properly?

Our Preview users experience the error themselves when sending to SfB 2015 users on Windows and those SfB 2015 users receive the message when sending to the SfB Mac 2016 Preview users.

This topic has a lot of votes but not response from Microsoft, I think this should be addressed sooner than later to help us understand what's going on here.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This error should give the user the option to resend the message or auto deliver via email

Feedback and Knowledge Base