• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Continous Conversation / IM Roaming across devices

Provide ability to continue conversations across multiple devices with chat/content history displayed.

10,560 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      GJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

364 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Krzysiek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chill out people, they will surely deal with this after another buggy and worthless update to Windows 10.

• DAVID VEGA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This **** post has been around since 2015! It's about time you fix this microsoft!!!! COME ON!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also what goes along with this is the ability to send a message to someone who isn't logged in, so that they receive the message after they log in the next time.

Exactly my comment....basic expectation. All other messaging services work this way, facebook messenger, normal Skype, etc

It is a basic expectation from a user perspective. I am not sure why it is not provided.

Can not believe I am forcing my colleagues to work on this useless solution
          In 2019 and still it is not working

This is really the reason why it is not possible to use S4B in an efficient manner

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously though... why isn't this already a thing??? I works in the consumer version?!? Why can't you make it work in SFB where, honestly, it matters most??

We use Skype for Business extensively and need two switch between Phone and Laptop. Please, please, please have this feature enabled. If Microsoft recommends alternatives to Skype for Business which is the future of Instant chat, please do let me know.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to use two devices with SFB is utterly painful. Combine on this uservoice there's about 4/5 of the top upvoted SFB features are essentially to have conversation history in chat which would fix this. They need to be combined since collectively they have about 60000+ votes.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Piling on as this is a painful deal killer when it comes to other solutions.

I doubt M$ has a future roadmap for S4B since they are putting their focus on Teams, so this is probably a DOA feature request.

• Josh Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's 2019, please do this. Not all companies are switching to Teams yet so it's the users who are suffering. This is why people go to Slack or Hangouts.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base