• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Continous Conversation / IM Roaming across devices

Provide ability to continue conversations across multiple devices with chat/content history displayed.

10,282 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      GJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

343 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Welby Lai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable that you have not implemented this enhancement yet. What is the point of allowing conversations on different devices if I lose all chat/conversation history. This is not how people work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I encourage the skype for business team to improve on the synchronization of conversation on all devices. You are not only the good team, but great leader in this business!

• Jennifer Griffith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I have a phone, PC, and Mac and my message threads are not gathered. Each message with the same person is a new individual entry, even within minutes. It's not a new conversation either. It is silly that I am logged in as the same user on all 3 devices, but the history of my Skype messages is not captured in one location or synced across the 3 devices. Please add this basic feature.

Chances of getting this feature anytime in the near future? I see the idea was posted in 2015...

• Someshkumar N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

I personally felt and want you to consider the below features.

1. Conversation sync for all contacts(Eg: When I click any contact in skype for business, it should show me the recent previous conversations.

2. Sync the conversation across devices like Desktop, Android & IPhone.

3. Improvise the Notification service in Android app.

Note: Google Hangout is impressing all by having all the above, please integrate in Skype as well.

Regards,
          Somesh

• delta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should be there, currently it seems like we are using a broken app for conversation.

• Michele Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

using Skype for personal communication was so easy and flexible however as a new grad and new into the work force its made life very painful when you donot find features that you find on Skype for personal use. its a shame that skype isnt revolutionising according to time.

• Tuyen Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this feature is required. We are in a time for multiple devices but why is not Skype4Biz yet worked well on that yet? It is very bad now.

• Erin Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I really don't get is that messages sync on regular Skype...but you don't have the same functionality for the business app?

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The point of having the chat app on my phone is for when users message me on their laptop and I am away from my desk, I would still be able to answer them.

How is this not possible on the Skype for business phone app?

The chat needs to sync on multiple devices like all other existing messaging apps : Google hang out, Facebook messaging, Microsoft team . This is ridiculous

• Ryan Yanez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely inconsistent at best. This should have already received the attention needed by now. 2018 employees need to be able to access UC on multiple platforms.

What century is this? Come on Skype team, get it together. I like Microsoft overall, but you've really dropped the ball with Skype. Bought a best in business product and turned into "bleah", average at best.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad it's not just me, but these messages go back years!

This really needs to be resolved PLEASE!!

Please fix Skype for business message sync between devices. Every other chat program can do it. Having half conversations spreda between a computer and phone is a major deal-breaker

• marci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please please. This is a dealbreaker for me, as I work in a very mobile way, sometimes on phone, sometimes on desktop. It is standard in all other IM-like messaging systems I use. I wouldn't even use skype because I prefer the others so much more, but a handful of people I have to communicate can only use this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base