• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Voicemail in shared mailbox

It would be nice if in the Auto-Attendant function we could redirect calls toward a voicemail attached to a shared mailbox.

831 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Johan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Nick Kershner - Matchless IT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute core feature for a PBX. This has been around since before digital handsets (not VoIP but digital, 1-pair phone systems like Norstar) and is a crucial function for people.

I used to be a telephony provider and I've NEVER come across ANY PBX that charges for "general voicemail boxes". Ever....

I'll pay for my INTERNAL ones FOR NOW... But if I have to continue to pay, I'll be leaving Cloud PBX for another solution.

My company is testing this internally for resale, but we're finding that the resale is not only going to be EXTREMELY difficult, but potentially impossible due to lack of basic features. It's very obvious Microsoft has someone leading this project that doesn't have PBX experience.

• Kyle Garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen this is a badly needed feature.

Question for the community; what minimum licensing requirements would enable one to replicate the concept of a shared voicemail box today?

I have yet to test this myself, but it seems to me it might work with the following licensing combo:
      - Office 365 Business Essentials License ($5.00/mo USD) i.e. to get Exchange + S4B
      - Phone System License ($8.00/mo USD)
      - Calling Plan License ($12.00/mo USD)

Total: $25.00/mo USD.

• Darius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Skype/PSTN PBX/Phone System trial is running out tonight and this is the reason we may not purchase and instead go with RingCentral or 8x8. Why in the world Microsoft would you not be paying attention to the votes on this request and enable an equivalent-to-your-competition and basic auto attendant capability... sending calls from auto attendant into a voice mailbox that is NOT required to have a FULL Enterprise O365 license.

• Chris Libby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typical MS.. whether it be Azure or O365, services are constantly flowing out that are %97 baked and awesome, but the %3 that's missing makes you wonder how the service holistically can provide utility for ANY real world use case. Such a joke.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am upset and shocked this feature is not available! You should absolutely be able to have a queue voicemail that then sends the voicemail to a distribution list. Example: Someone calls our company main number and selects support, but no one on my support team can answer it, I now only have the ability to send that call to one person and their individual voicemail, NOT a special voicemail message that says we are sorry we can't take their call and then have it sent to my support distribution list so everyone sees a call was missed and needs responded to ASAP. I can't believe I migrated without testing that this feature existed...why, because I didn't think I had to, it has existed in every other phone system I have used in my 26 year career. It is absolutely absurd this feature is not available. Starting making BUSINESS grade software!

• Uwe Zabel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice, if we can define Company Mailboxes (Central, Service, Sales, …) and select an E-Mail Address (maybe an Teams Channel E-MAil Address) to send the transscription (and the Voicefile) to

Definitely need this feature prior to migrating our phone system to the cloud.

• Shawn Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this gets implemented at all, it'll likely be after the completion of the Teams transition.

The voicemail should go to the O365 group that defines the Call Queue. This way the users in the queue/group can decide if they subscribe to the emails.

Please can we have a response on this? It is very frustrating when trying to set up a professional call handling solution.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base