• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Stop screen share automatically when the voice call ends.

When I end a voice call where I've been sharing my screen I'd like the screen share to stop, or at least Skype to alert me that it is still sharing. There is a very serious risk of the previous caller seeing something sensitive or confidential because the screen share is still running.

2,092 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Odhran Hardy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a ridiculous feature that should be removed! If you end your call, why on earth would you want to continue sharing your screen? You just as well might argue that the audio line should also be left open after the call...!

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been open since 2016 or 2017? -I came to this post from another link. We recently switched to Skype for business and have LOST functionality vs the free public version and Webex. (to be clear Webex isn't the best either).
          It's very clearly an issue. All other web conference services do this automatically.

Screen sharing should stop when hanging out or at least a pop up to advise that screen sharing is still on with the option to continue sharing or not

• Ted L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really easy to forget that you are sharing after an one-hour-long meeting especially if you unpin the sharing notice tab. Please have this feature enabled.

stop sharing should stop automatically after the call ends. also, it takes too long for sharing to actually stop once you have hit the 'stop sharing' button. please rectify this as well.

Year and a half and this still doesn't seem to have been corrected. Please fix it, several times I got into a trouble because of it!!!

Screen sharing should stop automatically when ending a call with that person. Just like normal Skype does. When you are in a rush you now do not notice that the screen sharing is still active and you might share GDPR related information unknowingly. That is a real problem! It would be better to have an option 'keep sharing after ending a call' because then you personally approve the continuous sharing.

"It’s an expected behavior." -> It is crazy, best joke ever! Sharing with my coworkers.

• Neil Myatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is bad UI design - there's no excuse for it. If there's a use case (e.g. help desk), there should be an option to 'hang-up audio but continue screen sharing'.
          Normal Skype operates this way, as does every other webinar tool I have used.
          The current behaviour is analgous to starting a facetime call on your iPhone, then after you hang up, the call recipient can still see everything your camera records.
          Crazy.
          Given that the point of SforB is that it's supposedly more secure than regular Skype. this is a gaping security hole: e.g. someone in Legal, HR, Finance etc. is on a call relating to a confidential case. After she hangs up she's still sharing her screen. Every piece of confidential information she looks at (until she realises) is visible to the other party. GDPR breach, right there.

From Microsoft Form Moderator Barry Xie "It’s an expected behavior." In whose nightmare and if he is correct, whoever thought this is any type of behavior should be tarred and feathered. When I hang up, all functions including screen share must be terminated!

When END CALL is clicked, it should be ending the screen share. Security flaw by design?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base