(thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Elizabeth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes ... what Thomas Juhl Olesen said ... I reference this frequently. Just look, or specifically, outlook!

• Mark Siler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Sean Ellis - Having to go to my Outlook to find a missed message is not useful. There are many messaging programs that deal with this much better. MS, please fix.

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. This would not be a problem if the chat history was working as it should be, which there are like at least 5 other topics as the top voted items for Skype Biz.

• Rob Feltus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My enterprise configuration is set to send me e-mails when I'm not online. The subject reads, "Missed conversation with..." Maybe the solution is to go to your admin for S4B config changes?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible but only with SfB on-premise opposed to SfB Online (via Office 365.) It's called persistent chat.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way that consumer Skype works should be taken as a model here. Messages may be delivered to contacts who are offline, and await them on their return. Routing them to a completely different channel is not useful.

• Bob Tooth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already exists if you have conversation history turned on. Any message you leave is converted to an email message and it shows up in the user's Inbox (as opposed to the conversation history folder where archived messages normally go).

• William Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be particularly useful when you send a message and 30 seconds or so later, you get the status "This message wasn't sent to X". It shouldn't say this, it should keep trying, and you should have an indication of when the message has got to them.

• Dermot Plemblebrandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea for a feature. Maybe if they're not online, try sending an email, and if they don't reply to that, try an SMS, and then finally try contacting the person in the afterlife. This feature would be so helpful, I can't wait to be able to send a message to my dear old Nan. She was the biggest fan of emojis, and she single-handedly popularized the purple eggplant's use as a phallic metaphor. If I could send her just a few more emojis of encouragement, I know she'd be able to rest in peace instead of coming back as a ghost to haunt her insubordinate grandchildren. I tried contacting her with an Ouija board, but it does not have any emojis, so it's not really suitable for having a real conversation as she'd have no idea what I was trying to say.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think I want to be having a stack of IM's to read through when I come back online. If this is going to be a feature, I want the ability to turn it off. If I'm not online, it's likely that I'll see it faster through email anyway.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Um, I'm with Nitin Gupta, it's call I.M. for a reason, if it's not the "I", then just send an email, which is just as easy to do from the SfB client. The amount of votes this got is astounding.

• Bob Brockgreitens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have conversation history turned on it sends a user an email when it can't get through. I think the UI would be better to say if you have conversation history it would display "this user is not available right now but we sent an email for you to him with your message ;-)"

• Tony GH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Brittany, this suggestion seems unnecessary.

If I try to IM someone who's offline I still get the chat window but there's a message across the bottom saying, "Such-Such is offline but they'll still get your IMs as missed messages." Maybe the original poster didn't notice that warning?

• Tiina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well that's the whole point of being offline in any tool. You cannot approach anyone who's offline until they sign in.

• Brittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to message others that are offline . The chat box says, "[Name] is offline, but they'll still get your IMs as missed messages."

Feedback and Knowledge Base