• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Scroll down automatically when new messages are received

Even when chat window is open, and new message is received, it doesn't scroll down, I always need to press the three-dots button on bottom right to see latest messages, very counter-productive.

Please enable automatic scroll to prevent having to move my tired little mouse cursor always to chat screen.

4,791 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jussi Palo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not implement!

If this becomes a feature, every time you try to look at an old message and you receive one you will be dragged down to the newest message. This makes looking at old messages in group chats virtually impossible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix this problem already goddam it! It's 2019 and the problem persists?!!

How can I suppose to know when I get a new message if the conversation doesn't display it. And how come the icon doesn't glow anymore when you have unseen messages?

• Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this not be fixed 2 years later? At least have an option to auto-scroll or not. It makes you wonder if Microsoft uses its own products, but no one would put up with this given a choice.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine just started acting up yesterday, and it's annoying as ****. When I have a conversation with a person, what they say gets bundled into it's own little "box" (conversation), and so does mine. I assume this is the same problem everyone else is having?

This is absurdly annoying, I can't believe it's been an issue this long. Fix this **** Skype. :/

Right click on the conversation in left hand menu and select "mark as read" - now when you go into the conversation it takes to straight to the bottom.

• Annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1.25 years later. Is an auto scroll option really too much to include?

• Valerio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trusting the microsoft customer care service management to modify this :D

• Heavy User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make an option to settings to choose how this works. Or add "Auto Scroll" button to active chats so we can choose. Thanks!

still waiting....here complaint from collegues now and then that it delays chat correspondance.

• Sam B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. I have a multiscreen setup, and monitor conversations on my second screen while having a fullscreen application on my primary monitor. The lack of auto-scroll option means that I have to minimise my fullscreen application and interact with Skype just to see the messages that are coming in. PLEASE add an auto-scroll option for when Skype is unfocused.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base