Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Better notification

Need a better way to show notification. I miss messages because I do not see them. These are critical when I work remote. Appears I may not be working when I am!

1,414 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JBJB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We were forced to use Skype recently, and immediately noticed these annoying pop-ups that show for no important reason whatsoever. That is torture when you are trying to work!! If not resolved soon, will disable Skype and suffer the consequences. Did I say this is torture, Microsoft?

• RonaldwRonaldw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to customize the notifications so they are not as easily missed.

• ShannonShannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We found a separate program to help with missing notifications in Skype for Business. It's called SuperToast. It pops up with a banner indicating you have a message and if you ignore it, it starts flashing until you take action.

• jony_bjony_b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turn off the notification please. It is so annoying! Please help with this... Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Turn off the notification please. It is so annoying, especially when I'm presenting in the meeting.

SO PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO TURN THIS THING OFF!!!

• Heather FowlerHeather Fowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would definitely like the ability to resize notifications or adjust how long they stay up. Right now the only thing you can really adjust is font or which corner to pop them up in.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't figure out how to stop the alerts that come up when someone becomes available again. Every time someone in the office gets up from their desk and then sits down again I get an alert. Its just too annoying.

• PetakPetak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First, functionality you call alerts is called desktop notification in other world... And second, it need to be configurable. Third, systray icon notification is other functionality which should be configurable.
        Some basic ideas:
        - on/off globally
        - on/off for groups, contacts
        - on/off based on your status
        - notification content (partially implemented)
        - what activity to notify [online, message, calendar, your group in meeting, ... ]
        - how long to stay for different notifications [x ms, until focused, forever ... ]

• DebbieDebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed that if someone @ me, the icon on Mac has a number. OK, that helps me know a message is waiting.

If someone likes something I said, the Mac icon gets a number. This isn't Facebook. I do NOT need to go into Skype just to see someone liked what I said.

If I'm in a private conversation and someone adds to it, I have no notification. If I don't see the Mac icon jump and I miss the banner, I have NOTHING to tell me one or msgs are waiting.

This is where the main failure is. If you're not sure what ppl want, make settings more granular. But I would kill badging for LIKES and do more badging/notifications for when I'm one-on-one with someone.

Thanks.

• Philip SalvaggioPhilip Salvaggio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team has quickly noticed that we are missing messages due to poor notifications. An audio tone in addition to the banner would be helpful.

• OscarOscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lot of people in my ornanitzation say the same, lot of conversations are loosed due to a very poor notification alert

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have something more obvious when an incoming IM appears. It is too easy to overlook the little box since it disappears so quickly.

• ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the "Notifications" section of your OS X system settings, set SFB to use alerts instead of the banners. That will keep the notification up until you dismiss it...

• AlekseyAleksey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also very often simply loose the moment when important incoming message come.
        I have two high resolution screens and headphones which is not always on a head to hear the sound so I need to look at toolbar each 5 minutes to don't loose new incomings. Blinking the icon is not enough!
        I WANNA something like on incoming call! For example, open the exact chat window in case incoming message from people in contact list. Of course with some ability to setup level of notice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base