• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Ability to paste a screenshot directly into a conversation without having to save it as a file

When the print screen button is used to take a screenshot, the ability to send this screenshot by pressing ctrl+v in the conversation. This is available in regular Skype but not in Skype for Business.

15,901 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Thilina R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Tuyen Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I can do it now on my Skype for Business. My version is "Skype for Business 2016 MSO (16.0.4417.1000) 64-bit".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'm not able to copy-paste w/o saving in the new version of regular Skype. This is a huge barrier to productivity!

• Steve Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

added 3 votes to this. Really miss the seamlessness of sametime, even though it's a decade old.

This is really needed and i can't understand that this feature is not already there !

We just migrated from Lotus Notes to Skype and a lot of people are still using Sametime to chat since they are using this feature multiple time a day ! The image should not be added as a download, it should be part of the conversation and part of the history !

• GJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DONE from my perspective. This idea should be closed...

I think OP wrote the suggestion differently from what was intended. It's the stupid inability of SkyeB to not show a pasted screenshot into a conversation and have the recipient see it in real-time without having to download it first.

This works in Jabber and from the comments, I guess sametime too. It makes me think twice to see if the person is on Jabber instead since we are running both at the moment.

• ADL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I think this is currently not working yet completely - I can CTRL-V in a 1-to-1 conversation...
          But if I have group chat, when I use CTRL+V ... then the files get saved and attached (which is pretty annoying...) any settings that could address this?

It is something working in the free Skype client - many big Companies managed to move to SFB for security purposes, yet the free version of Skype works better... surely great marketing skills in Microsoft :)

Thanks

• Thomas Juhl Olesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is out-of-the-box functionality - If Filetransfer is not disabled, you can just CTRL-V directly from the clipboard into the chat windows.

• Mike Gundrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its sad anyone could test the implementation in Skype for Business and say it was good enough.

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use GreenShot (much better than the Snippet tool in Windows) to capture and then CTRL+V into the IM. You can also configure GreenShot to automatically send the screenshot to the clipboard and all you would have to do is CTRL+V at that point.

• Erwin Bierens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one works already for a long time, make screenshots with snipper (default in windows) and CTRL + A and CTRL+C in IM.

There are so many gaps between jabber and Skype, seems it was rolled out before being completed

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base