• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Ability to paste a screenshot directly into a conversation without having to save it as a file

When the print screen button is used to take a screenshot, the ability to send this screenshot by pressing ctrl+v in the conversation. This is available in regular Skype but not in Skype for Business.

16,006 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thilina R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Vikas Waghmare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using skype 8.44.0.40 version, when I print Screen and tried to copy in IM using ctrl v but not able to paste in IM... Please suggest what should I do? As we use this very frequently.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Except trillian has been garbage lately and offline messaging doesn't even work anymore. It was great to keep in contact with people that didn't have the same schedule as you.

Free trillian app can do this with a right click, maybe take some lessons from them, but, please don't buy them out and ruin it Like you did Skype

I am using Skype 15.0. blah. This is an unbelievably bad piece of junk. How can a business IM app not allow a clipboard paste. Complete POS.

• Tuyen Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I can do it now on my Skype for Business. My version is "Skype for Business 2016 MSO (16.0.4417.1000) 64-bit".

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'm not able to copy-paste w/o saving in the new version of regular Skype. This is a huge barrier to productivity!

• Steve Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

added 3 votes to this. Really miss the seamlessness of sametime, even though it's a decade old.

This is really needed and i can't understand that this feature is not already there !

We just migrated from Lotus Notes to Skype and a lot of people are still using Sametime to chat since they are using this feature multiple time a day ! The image should not be added as a download, it should be part of the conversation and part of the history !

• GJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DONE from my perspective. This idea should be closed...

I think OP wrote the suggestion differently from what was intended. It's the stupid inability of SkyeB to not show a pasted screenshot into a conversation and have the recipient see it in real-time without having to download it first.

This works in Jabber and from the comments, I guess sametime too. It makes me think twice to see if the person is on Jabber instead since we are running both at the moment.

• ADL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I think this is currently not working yet completely - I can CTRL-V in a 1-to-1 conversation...
      But if I have group chat, when I use CTRL+V ... then the files get saved and attached (which is pretty annoying...) any settings that could address this?

It is something working in the free Skype client - many big Companies managed to move to SFB for security purposes, yet the free version of Skype works better... surely great marketing skills in Microsoft :)

Thanks

• Thomas Juhl Olesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is out-of-the-box functionality - If Filetransfer is not disabled, you can just CTRL-V directly from the clipboard into the chat windows.

• Mike Gundrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its sad anyone could test the implementation in Skype for Business and say it was good enough.

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use GreenShot (much better than the Snippet tool in Windows) to capture and then CTRL+V into the IM. You can also configure GreenShot to automatically send the screenshot to the clipboard and all you would have to do is CTRL+V at that point.

• Erwin Bierens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one works already for a long time, make screenshots with snipper (default in windows) and CTRL + A and CTRL+C in IM.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base