• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Cut and paste is stupid. Just copy what I have selected not names, dates and times

Cut and paste is stupid. Just copy what I have selected not names, dates and times

4,822 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Daniel Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One problem when I go to a video downloader I can't search for videos all I get is that stupid "Paste link here" box!!!!!!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like that it copies names, dates, and times. If you want it off there is a setting for it.

• Deepak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like in earlier comments, Settings provides option for changing this behavior. But incredible to see 3.5k+ votes for this!!!

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple... Copy the message -> press CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste and done....

• Jorsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have a mac with only the 1 button. ur going 2 have to do better than that, joey

• Joey Bowles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF you right-click on the highlighted message, you have an option to "copy" or "copy message"

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already do this, just change your setting in tools. There is an option to cut and paste as you request above or the default which you dislike, but other use for documentation.

• Jeesica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Um, no. It actually is stupid and here's why:

It doesn't let you CUT at all. A cut operation should remove the text, but it's always still there. What am I supposed to do if I accidentally send something that could get me in trouble?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s not stupid. Obviously you don’t know how to change settings. See others instructions. This method of copy/past can be very useful in some situations. What would be more useful is the option to choose how/what to copy past when right clicking. Then instead of changing setting for one way all the time, a use would have the option of what to copy depending on his needs at that time.

• Mohamed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shouldn't be copying and pasting from Skype. It's called plagiarism and copyright infringement.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can change that in settings.
      Go to settings
      Select 'Tools'
      Select 'Options'.
      Click IM, then select 'copy message only'.
      Click Okay.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base