• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Remove the smiley face from the Skype for Business

The smiley face in the "Business" software is not appropriate, at minimun. So can you remove this? Thanks.

7,149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

262 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Johnny Scofield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My associate father died and his new to Skype and when he told me the bad news I responded and he asked me if I was really that insensitive because of the smiley face and I had to explain to him at lengths that all messages are like that with Skype. He said lets stick to Whatsapp!

But I cant edit messages in Whatsapp so please fix this stupid smiley Icon and get rid of it! It's so inappropriate!

• Dio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove smile icon after every message - this is nor appropriate

• Ant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this icon extremely distracting and inappropriate. This was one of the (many) reasons I stuck with the old version of Skype - that was until with the latest Windows update I was not able to use it any more.
      You are trying too much to compete with other platforms and apps which are more casual-chat oriented, and in doing so you are making your product worse. Keep it professional, please.

• Bin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the face if we want a dam face we all dont speak cartoon

• Someone fromjapan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see the idiot who put a smile at the end of every message.
      something like this:
      "I am sorry, this will cost you extra 20000 :)"
      "Oh, the bank in Russia was raided by State Security Guard, and we can not get that $1000000 out of there :)"
      "Meeting tomorrow on boss's funerals. After that discuss the company future :)"
      And simply speaking it is insulting. Like I can not put there a smile myself, whenever I want.

Anyway, it is the best way to force people stop using Skype.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The face is tiresome, unprofessional, yet more msft hubris and ignorance.

• Dmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These react to this message smiley faces are sooooo annoooyyyyiiing !!!!

• Ирина commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Пытаюсь созвать учётную запись, нажимаю на получить новый адрес элек.почты, в вожу адрес, нажимаю далее, ввожу по роль,нажимаю далее, после выходит окно где нужно ввести буквы или цифры ,которые вижу на картинке, я их ввожу ,но нет ни какой копки "далее или же ОК". Из-за этого я дальше не могу создавать учётную запись. Помогите,пожалуйста, как это исправить?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just updated to this mess. I concur with everyone else here, seeing a smiley face on every single line of chats is just plain insane. If I or my contact want to add a smiley face on our chats..let us decide. This idea of adding a smiley face had to come from upper management, otherwise how can this still be on new upgrade installs

I cannot believe that this stupid feature still does not seem to have been removed. It really is beyond belief that someone thought it was a good idea.
      I have searched my HD a couple of times looking for app.asar and *.asar but I can't seem to find this. Has it been changed or renamed - I am running 12.1813.286.0 on Win10.

This is one of the poorest UI features I've seen in a long time. Not only is it plain old stupid, it makes every line look like it has a smiley face after it; annoying, obtrusive and inappropriate. Please please please remove this. How did it ever make it to production? Stuck with old versions as long as possible on a few boxes simply to not have to look at every message being misconstrued with a smiley.

Aaargh smiley faces next to every message, you have to be kidding! Fire whoever's dumb idea this was....now.

Me: 'Hey team the network is down' (smiley face)
      team: 'why are you smiling, *******'

• T. James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The hex edit solution worked for me on OS X. I'd like these stupid smilies off of my Android Skype as well. Microsoft ---- you have absolutely no design sense whatsoever. You are worse than Google.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base