Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

1,354 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John CottonJohn Cotton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*ANY* intelligent human being would understand that when we click the X in the upper right corner of the Skype window, that you only have to tell us 30 or 40 thousand times that Skype is still running before we get it and you stop telling us. What moron developer thought this was a good idea to begin with? What's worse, is what moron developer's supervisor hasn't counseled the moron on poor design? Clearly, this is one of the most user UNfriendly features of all time. Thanks for continually thinking of new ways to make us less productive with useless and distracting "features" like this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came looking for help on how to activate "disable pop-up" as I thought I was missing something. I can't believe it's not even a feature, unless you set your status to DND!

• Apeksha NatuApeksha Natu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make disable Auto Pop up notification. which really disturbs in your working when it suddenly comes from nowhere. It has to be available only a person wish to chat with anyone.

• Francisco FernandesFrancisco Fernandes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would enable our Skype bot to answer the query 2 to 3 seconds faster. Please do have an option for the user to be able disable the popup and enable the window to be directly opened.

Yes this would enable our Skype bot to answer the query 2 to 3 seconds faster. Please do have an option for the user to be able disable the popup and enable the window to be directly opened.

• Christopher AdamsChristopher Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's disheartening to see that other people have been complaining about this for months with no movement.

I can't set myself to Do Not Disturb because my job involves receiving messages from other staff, often including information which needs to be acted upon within seconds.

The popup notification serves no purpose for me except introduce a delay between my computer receiving the message and the message opening up into a window where I can actually read it. The popup preview isn't long enough for me to reliably get enough information to act upon.

• Christopher AdamsChristopher Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ideal situation for my working environment would be for any new IM window to open minimised and flashing on my task bar.

I'd also be fine with the IM window opening non-minimised automatically, without going through the intermediate step of showing me an alert that is, basically, useless to me.

I find that the small alert "window" frequently freezes or becomes otherwise unresponsive when I try to click on it to open the IM window.

This causes a delay not only in opening the new chat that seems longer than the time it would take for the IM window to open if I had ignored the alert in the first place, but also prevents interaction with other chat windows.

• Patrick ThompsonPatrick Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you already have a conversation with the person, then it doesn't pop up. It just makes the Skype logo flash.. so if you have a minimized conversation, you don't have to see the popup. This is not ideal, but if your office friend is prone to sending stuff, then this is a temporary solution until they fix this.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dislike the distraction of the pop ups. Also, I don't want anyone who is looking at my computer to see the messages I'm receiving. Sometimes it is sensitive information.

This "function" is stupid as f**k or dare I say as the idiots that are ruining Skype for years now!

OMG... we'll be stuck with this popup for how long???? :) Had better sevice before...

My machine upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 and now I can't get rid of this pop-up that is causing a constant hang up on my machine - I've totally uninstalled Skype and still the **** pop-up is there.... help

Why nobody work on this topic. Big companies are really slow to fix simple problems. :(

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey allow me to disable that - I swear i'm not moving my lines to you just because of that

Set-CSClientPolicy -Identity Global -RateMyCallDisplayPercentage 50
        Set-CSClientPolicy -Identity CPCPstnPreviewRateMyCallClientPolicy -RateMyCallAllowCustomUserFeedback $false

You are not permitted to invoke Set-CsClientPolicy with the following parameters:
        RateMyCallDisplayPercentage
        + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsClientPolicy], ArgumentException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.SetClient
        PolicyCmdlet
        + PSComputerName : admin2a.online.lync.com

Seriously? This hasn't been fixed yet? As many have said, there is no reason why users should not be able to disable pop ups of when people are available (info overload anyways) without having to set status as "Do not disturb." What's disturbing is how intrusive Skype for Business is when trying to conduct professional business. I wish our org didn't use this program. #Disappointing

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if I could choose to have a notification that only showed the person's name. THEN, if I click on it, i could read the text.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This so called feature is total ****! Who approved this new feature? fire him/her!

• CanzeiCanzei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't imagine a single reason why an expert programmer should design such an annoying behaviour like it still is. The only reason that comes to my mind is that is not expert at all.

Came to this page because I am looking for a solution to disable convo pop ups, and am extremely disappointed that this problem has not been solved. This should be a basic feature. Having peoples convo’s pop up when presenting is extremely unprofessional, and frankly non needed. All we need is the skype icon to blink on the taskbar to know that someone is contacting us…..don’t need a whole window to pop up. Not to mention that when you don’t look at the pop up and it minimizes, it then becomes your active window and your courser will go there and be typing in the IM window.

Feedback and Knowledge Base