Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

1,095 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CanzeiCanzei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't imagine a single reason why an expert programmer should design such an annoying behaviour like it still is. The only reason that comes to my mind is that is not expert at all.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came to this page because I am looking for a solution to disable convo pop ups, and am extremely disappointed that this problem has not been solved. This should be a basic feature. Having peoples convo’s pop up when presenting is extremely unprofessional, and frankly non needed. All we need is the skype icon to blink on the taskbar to know that someone is contacting us…..don’t need a whole window to pop up. Not to mention that when you don’t look at the pop up and it minimizes, it then becomes your active window and your courser will go there and be typing in the IM window.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls implement, coworker mine, we'll call him "Denis" (name changed to protect his identity), is always utilizing this problematic feature to tell me about all the scams he is pulling off - could get me in trouble

This is really annoying. My colleague Billy IMs me absurd things while I am sharing my screen with other colleagues. I could see how the current behavior could contribute to someone getting fired.

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

completely agree. PLEASE CHANGE THIS ASAP! Takes focus away if you're doing analytical things, messages should only show up at taskbar but not pop up. In older versions this was enabled.

• Michele C.Michele C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments of the pervious comments. We have the ability to turn off pop ups in everything else, why not this?

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is most annoying because the entire IM box pops up and switches to the active window. So if I'm not paying attention while I'm typing, I end up typing information into the IM instead of whatever I was working on. This happens many times a day. Why would this even be a function in the first place? The comments should stay minimized until I want to open the window.

I can't believe that this hasn't been addressed years ago? screen sharing has been around for years now and this would seem like a more important feature than updating emojis.

• PranayPranay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this, please enable an option to disable the pop ups, this is really annoying during presentations.

Not being able to disable pop ups is really inconvenient. This is especially inconvenient when sharing your monitor with colleagues. Please fix this!

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most significant user annoyance for those I try to bring on-board with Skype for Biz. The beeping exacerbates it. Notifications can be disabled for individual users (right-click contact, disable "Tag for status change") but there should be a control to disable it globally.

This NEEDS to be addressed. It is important to be able to disable these popups without having to change status to Do Not Disturb. The pop up appears when others in the organisation / contacts sign-in. Users don't need a big notification when anyone becomes available, they can see it when they search. Fix this as it is a nuisance, annoying and distracting
        It appears so often that when users receive messages, they click ignore because it resembles the nuisance pop ups.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this and give us options to customize what pop-up notifications we would like to see. Speaking for myself, I don't need pop-up notifications to appear in any corner. The blinking Skype taskbar icon and sound alert is enough for me to notice a new IM.

I have a friend who send text to me many times when I am playing game. I thought I make the friend block but the friend is important for me and the friend might be angry and hate me. I can't block the friend. I want to disable pop all notification when I am playing a game or running some process.

• Rach LearRach Lear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cmon Skype get this fixed it is a real problem when presenting in the business world we inhabit!

I would love to be able to keep notifications on so a conversation dings or blinks but to just be able to turn off the pop up notifications on the desktop. This is incredibly important while doing screen sharing sessions and training. You need to have the notifications on but don't want the person's name and message showing up on the pop up

Feedback and Knowledge Base