Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

1,765 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "feature" is infuriating. It distracts people from what they're doing for no good reason. I have a hundred contacts on my list, and my screen flashes all day. And there's no way to turn this off, other than doing it one by one?!? This is **** software design. I am finding many such "features" in my journey into Office 2016 ****.

• LooyLooy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a nice from skype tool diagnostic tool pops up about 10 times when I connect to a meeting then repeatedly again when I go on and off mute. This is so annoying. i'd love to disable skype diagnostic tool. How?

• WoodyWoody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, no popups! The lync enabled phone still works. This is great, what a feature.

It's easily disabled but it has to be done one by one. Go to the contact, right-click, and go to "Tag for Status Change Alerts" and uncheck it. That's it

• BusterBuster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

• Cindy SaenzCindy Saenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I commented on community who referred me to this feedback link. The feature to allow the Skype for Business window to come to the front, or primary focus, when one does not respond to an IM to accept or ignore should be a bug not a feature. The problem being for example, when you are focused on doing your work such as typing in Word, Outlook or other IM session, is that when you are truly focused you may not always see the pop up that says accept or ignore. When you don't respond, next thing you know, your text from your Word, Outlook or IM chat are now in the new chat Window. This also happens when you are on a Skype call. The support team says set to do not disturb but the idea is to have it available to respond when you decide to, not by being forced. Please fix this. Someone is going to end up with someone else's email text, or IM text when you are focused.

I work with several people who come and go often. The "Person X is now available" note is basically a constant presence in the lower right of my screen. Is there a way to turn this off?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I disable the popup window on microsoft lync. Do not tell me how to do it after the pop-up appear or about put on Do Not Dissturb, i dont want them at all, let the messages come and stay where they are.

Note: I know that the below is not a fix, as it disables ALL notifications for that user, but at least it is a way to stop from being notified about messages from one particularly talkative Skype contact while still seeing notifications for all other users.

That said, it's still a mystery / annoyance that MS hasn't implemented the ability to disable the Desktop Notification pop-up messages without turning off notifications completely...

There IS a way for individual Contacts, but it took forever to find this information:

Turning Off Pop-ups With a Single User
        1. Launch Skype and sign in to your account.

2. Locate and select the conversation for which you'd like to turn off pop-up notifications in your "Recent" tab on the left panel.

3. Click "Conversation" in the main menu, and then select "Notification Settings" in the drop-down menu.

4. Check the box next to "Do Not Notify Me" and click "OK" to make the change permanent. You will no longer receive any notifications of that user's actions.

Please allow us to disable desktop notifications - these are ridiculously disrupting.

• koykoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

complete garbage "feature-set", i hate that my org uses this piece of flaming dumpster pile ware for comm, they done nothing but make it less and less enjoyable to use over the years, yay! this is so clearly a simple feature to enable, they just want to constantly grab your attention throughout your workday!!! they'll never change this cause they don't have to listen to their users. end of rant. let my crying begin.

Feedback and Knowledge Base