Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

702 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rach LearRach Lear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cmon Skype get this fixed it is a real problem when presenting in the business world we inhabit!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to keep notifications on so a conversation dings or blinks but to just be able to turn off the pop up notifications on the desktop. This is incredibly important while doing screen sharing sessions and training. You need to have the notifications on but don't want the person's name and message showing up on the pop up

It really is amazing that there is no simple on/off option for these notifications in options.

Getting rid of the skype pop up is very annoying. is there a solution to this problem. I uninstalled the program, but the pop up keeps appearing. tks

• CPDCPD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the ETA for having this fixed? If the user clicks on NO, why continuously re-prompt from every SLP_S0 resume? Is the expectation that the user is going to change there mind 5 min later?

Solution for the on/off-line desktop notifications: by default it should be turned off but I don't know why this isn't the case for me. As there's is no global option to tune that some people could have the same issue:
        right click on contact, and select "Untag for change status alerts”.
        You will have to do it for every single of your contacts, but that should work!

• Hugo BeaulieuHugo Beaulieu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would seem like an obvious option to have in an enterprise tool... Not having it is just careless.

• PedroPedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a working tool, so it's terrible to get interrupted by a picture. Just copy from skype. Please.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of the comments.
        I don't understand why you shouldn't be able to choose exactly how you want to be warned of IM sent to you...
        With all the shared screen process and presentations, you've got to turn skype off.
        And if you just want to concentrate on something while not being tagged as "not available" because in fact you are available, no way ?
        I don't understand why you couldn't be able to do it while other IM tools can
        Thanks for improving

Please allow us to disable pop-up notifications or at least make them private so noone sitting next to you will see what the person said when it pops up.

• Bob ErtlBob Ertl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do lots of web presentations to customers, so I have to keep Skype for Business turned off whenever I can to prevent the visible notifications. (We use regular Skype a lot more, which has slightly better control over this, but even there I have the notifications turned off because of the popups.)
        Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to only get notified when somebody sends me a message. There is just this annoying, constant noise of people going on and offline as they go to and from meetings or customer visits, which is useless, distracting and annoying to me, and buries the useful notifications of the occasional real messages coming in.

I have been looking for a solution for a year now for this annoying feature but surprised skype has done nothing about it.
        The notification is one factor but the message preview in the notification is another.
        Yes we can put do no disturb but what if i want to still be contactable but just want to ensure the annoying notifications don't pop up during inappropriate times. Having dual screen, presentation mode only helps when your presenting but i may just be sharing my laptop in front of people and running through some content and then these notifications can appear is annoying but sometimes what makes it worse if a colleague or friend messages something inappropriate and it appears in the notification.
        I truly believe a fix is required in the next update! Been waiting far too long and having gone through a few awkward moments because of this feature!

Please add some notification-options for IMs. This is one thing that Sametime did really well. It is impossible to get anything done in peace with messages popping up. I have to be on DND most of the time to achieve anything, and that also is a nuisance because I end up with multiple email messages instead.

• Chaitanya SinghChaitanya Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

My Skype window keeps on popping up. It's really annoying while I am working. Can anyone please suggest me as to how I can solve this problem of popping up.Is there any change setting that I can do to prevent the window from popping up again and again.

• William FaulkWilliam Faulk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first thing I wanted to get rid of once I installed Skype For Business. I was really surprised that the option to disable individual notification types wasn't available like it was for the old Skype (or pretty much any IM client).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base