• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

2,774 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

167 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • dtgdht commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh Skype, Freaking give us option to disable message pop ups ******. Your developers should be ******* losers to not have set an option to ******* disable it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix it. They are so disturbing during meetings.

And who remembers to set the status to "Do not disturb"?
          And then turn it back after the meeeting has ended.

Please fix it. They are so disturbing during meetings. And who remembers to set the status to "Do not disturb"? And then turn it back after the meeeting has ended.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a feature. This was standard in the 90's chats. I miss most of my IM's because I don't hit the stupid ACCEPT popup button. Skype is garbage.

• Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Sign in with your organization account" message pops up every 5 (or less) minutes (which is annoying). I am already signed in and everything is working fine but the message never stops. How to disable it?

• IC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These notifications really do make me want to logout of and stop using Skype. Why do Microsoft destroy everything they touch? I'm currently afraid for Github!

• Patrick Moody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not possibly care less that my colleagues have signed in. If I did care, I'd deliberately open up the user interface to check. I was astonished not to be able to find a way to switch off this irritation without signing out of the tool and quitting it altogether, which is what I have now done. I'll use other, less intrusive, tools to keep in touch with my colleagues until I learn that this has been fixed.

• Goldie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not a business please take off Skype from my software (Microsoft) PLEASE! It is wasting my time and it is getting me upset that I may change to another software.

• fdsfd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

**** stop whit these poups they are mamking me mad i will unistall this ******* xit and use discord.

Each simple IM app can do this except fckin' annoying SkypeFB. Lazy unfriendly Microsoft is making apps for themselves not for end users.......

Bunch of morons at Microsoft's side, it was way better when skype weren't owned by that ****** company.

• Luan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the new message pop-ups please. This is terrible privacy control.

Skype needs to get rid of skype popups. Once is okay, but not every time I log on...

• Lionel Slade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow me to configure my system the way I want. I get so many notification it is very distracting. I do not want to set my status as DND, as I more than happy for my colleagues to contact me. Please remove this idiotic criterion. Allow me to choose which contacts I do want to be notified about, set all the others to off.

• anthony parisi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anthony comment. Stop with these Skype notifications. My pc does not have a camera. I am wasting a lot of time closing these windows. Currently my acer pc has windows 7 OS, so please stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having issues wherein the pop-ups freeze and some times require re-starting the entire program. Please allow to disable the pop-ups!! It is not an acceptable work-around to be on Do Not Disturb 24/7.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base