Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

2,307 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it even possible that such simple feature is not yet there? It's really frustrating.

this piece of c..p annoyed me so much I uninstalled Skype.

The result: it keeps popping up anyhow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things like this give programmes - and companies - a very bad reputation!!!

• Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many people have to comment (meaning many more did not comment) and for how long does this issue need to keep lingering? Please allow us to disable notifications on our own terms.

NOT professional when you're in work-/mtgs & messages popping-up !!! Please allow disabling as an option !!! (ref. outlook mail envelope notification settings) Better to foresee an indication / alert on the main button in the taskbar when messages coming in.

Microsoft, move your *** to put this disable possibility in admin center for all tenant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nick Trypus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right click the user and uncheck the "tag for status change alert" this will no longer show the pop up

How this pops is anything but annoying is beyond me. Skype has ticked me off so much with the annoying pop off that will not shut off that I have uninstalled Skype from my laptop and suggest other meeting platforms to clients - ones that don't keep popping up and asking you to log in.

• cj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please allow this to be turned off. No one likes pop ups. I dont care what any control group says.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come nobody from Microsoft is fixing this issue? It is super annoying that we cannot disable these pop-up messages. When you are working on confidential projects, it is really not ideal and I cannot assign the 'do not disturb' status at all times.

• Bill Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EVEN WHEN YOU PUT DO NOT DISTURB THE NOTIFICATION STILL POPS UP TO SAY SOME ***** IS AVAILABLE!!

GO SUCK A **** BILL GATES

Popups with unprofessional messages from colleagues frequently become embarrassing moments when I'm projecting my screen in an important meeting.

Please enable this feature.

• Francesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want pop-ups showing the first line of a conversation.
        In my company, we frequently project our screens in conference rooms or I watch my PC screen between other colleagues, and I don't want everyone in the room to see when a colleague decides to send me a less-than-professional message. A simple blinking icon in the task bar or task tray would be sufficient to let me know someone is trying to communicate with me, and I can pay attention to it when I decide it is time to do that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base