Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Disable pop-up notifications

Allow users to disable desktop pop-up notifications at all times rather than only when status is set to do not disturb.

1,765 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EXTREMELY ANNOYING ! Constant distraction.... makes no sense...
        "sign out".... it's the only solution... and it works!

• Christos KarrasChristos Karras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 25 votes left. Please consider ALL of these votes to have been used for this feature request. This is EXTREMELY annoying.

Please provide disabling of all pop-up notifications. Unwanted popups are a distraction and annoying. Worse yet, they are embarrassing when they occur during a presentation.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide disabling of the pop-up notifications(only taskbar icon should blink). When I am sharing my screen, entire audience get to see my chats when any one sends message.

Please allow the disabling of the pop-up notifications as well. We are moving as an organization towards skype and this is our main communication tool. Very distracting and not ideal when doing a screen share for meetings.

• nancy garretsonnancy garretson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow disabling of the pop-up notifications. They are annoying, distracting, can block work, and can be seen by others. The icon changing color (no blinking, please!) is enough to know that there is an unread message.

Every time someone sends a message on skype, it flashed orange at the bottom of the screen. I have no choice but to look at it, this is extremely irritating and prevents me from focusing on anything more than 5 min in a row. Is there a way to disable that?

To turn off notifications - Right click the contract and uncheck the item "tag for status alert change".
        It is nice feature when your waiting to chat with someone. Should have been turned off out of the box.

• ScotScot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you serious? You can't turn this off? This is incredibly unprofessional and irritating. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the year 2003 and the land of Install/Add/Remove Program.

I see no reason not to provide this feature. I don't want pop-ups showing the first line of a conversation. In my company, we frequently project our screens in conference rooms, and I don't want everyone in the room to see when a colleague decides to send me a less-than-professional message. A simple blinking icon in the task bar or task tray would be sufficient to let me know someone is trying to communicate with me, and I can pay attention to it when I decide it is time to do that.

• DawsonDawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype is trash since its invasive so I switched to Discord. Hey Microsoft! If you want better reviews stop invading our trust and giving us annoying pop ups. You bugged me for 2 weeks to review my settings then gave me no option when I logged on! Shame on you I will switch to Apple

• Sean EllisSean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I'm working on code, every distraction impairs my efficiency. Add an option to turn these off.

Skype for business keeps popping up on my computer sscreen I have never used Skye and never intend to How can I get rid of it.

Ugh! This is so annoying!! Please give us the option to get rid of this stupid feature!

It is unbelievable, that this function is not available.

I am so angry on how Skype is disturbing me while work.

Such a simple function not implemented is absolute unintelligible.

Lets add more useless feature and remove useful ones. It's clear that hiding pop up completely regardless of status functionality is needed. Dont just hide in your meeting room and imagine what is best for the world, best thing is to just ask.

I totally agree with Cindy Saenz message of 5-2-17. Not only is someone going to get someone else's message, it may be a message that was intended to be encrypted. I see this as a HUGE HIPAA and Privacy Act potential violation and SKYPE will most likely be named in any settlement if they don't fix it. It should be set to NOT to this and you can enable it for select recipients, not the other way around!

• WesWes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't have to be done one by one as previously mentioned. You can do it in masses via groups. In my case, I had a group called "My Group" that had 8 contacts. I selected the first contact in that group, then scrolled down to last contact pressed and held down SHIFT key then clicked the last contact - this will select all 8 contacts. Then I was able to right-click and click "Tag for Status Change Alerts" to uncheck it. Ta-Da! No more alerts. You can't just hit Ctrl + A to select all and you can't select multiple groups to make this work - or at least it didn't give the option during my test. Hopefully this will at least make it easier for some.

-Wes

• Candee EmswilerCandee Emswiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My group just got started with Skype for Business TODAY and the constant status change popping up was already driving everyone crazy after just an hour!!! Thank you to Anonymous for helping me avoid homicide in the office!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base