• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

Push to talk option and keymapping for Skype for Business.

Have a push to talk option for Skype for Business audio meetings. This would allow people to chew/drink without the entire meeting full of people hearing it.

Likewise add a key mapping feature for this option. This way any keyboard key could be used to toggle talk on and off. Talk would be off by default and would be toggled on with the keyboard key. A double tap could lock the talk feature on or off depending on it's previous state.

708 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron Bitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Submitting...
    • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Skype for Business on daily basis and PTT is baddly needed. Micorphone mute/unmute is not the same. I can compare it with oytjer solutions which I use in for my private perpose and they got that feature whcih I found very convenient.

I do hope for Microsoft understanding of user's needs.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If implemented, please ensure the standard configuration options are available:

Hold-to-unmute (typical implementation of PTT, as I understand it).
      Hold-to-mute.
      Toggle.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every "bad point" has a "good Point".
      The more microsoft will ignore the Users, the more they will move to other solutions.

This is a very bad lack of functionality.
      For this switching - wich is taken a thousend times a day - one needs ti scrumble around on the screen, to fetch the little microphone button, wich is not even visible, when skype is overlayed by som more important windows, shown in the telcos on has. I'm feeling almost like in a Kindergarten, where I learn trickyClicky with the other babys.

Almost 2½ years and still not so much as a response from MS? This is a crucial feature that is present in literally every major voip meeting software except this one.

• Yammo Yammamoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?
      You have a communications application focused on company use - meaning large amounts of people... and you have no way of muting yourself conveniently when your're not speaking?

HOW... is this not implemented. It's a key-binding for gods sake! Even the free version of Skype can be made to mimic this functionality...! Do you not see the idiocy of giving paying customers less? (This is now how I associate Microsoft... paying customers get less functionality.)

• Elie Mouawad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this seriously still not implemented........................................................?!

• It's me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for that push to talk feature, would be great for experience with Skype for Business.
      Especially for big conferences, whereas we are using it.

With lots of people using skype it is often complicated having them switch the mic on/off, so you get a lot of confusion and feedback loops by speakers used instead of headphones.
      By push-to-talk you could prevent background noises and also the stupid "speaking with mic muted" thing :)

• John Morgab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature in any voice conferencing software. Skype has it, but not the business version where it is needed just as much. My view of the feature is a true PTT that unmutes the mic as long as the key is held, and remutes when released.

• Dan Winkworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a number of customer requirements for PTT in Lync/Skype for Business that can't be met with Lync hardware. Unit this feature is enabled large parts of our business will not be able to migrate.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base