• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

The chat history is feature is awfull, it creates new history for every bit fo conversation instead of havinf one single history.

The chat history feature is awfull, it creates new history for every bit of conversation instead of having one single history. When starting a conversaton on desktop and then carrying on mobile it loses part of the messages.

4,621 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      sebastien laratte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • B Tino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess its a good thing Slack, Adium, and other chat clients can provide what we require. It's too bad SFB can't provide this feature.

• S Gillies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely stupid UI, although I guess Microsoft doesnt have UI people so I'm not that surprised. Hopefully this will be fixed in a next release, I wonder if we'll need to wait 3 years.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@microsoft: WHY do you need MORE than a year to fix that terrible conversation history. the one in free skype is years better! I'm sry but i have to say that: Shame on you!

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3683 Votes to date, surely this means it's a feature people want. Microsoft you need to sort this out, persistent chat was acheiveable in Lync 2013+ through the additional configuration, this service needs to be made available Online!

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot use skype for business because it is not reliable enough to send all messages to every device. Also terrible at finding previous messages in the current format. Needs major overhaul!

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 8 year old up and coming programmers that can build an IM client where chat history is saved in a more usable manner than Skype for Business. Come on Microsoft, when will this be implemented?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just chiming in here to confirm what the dozen or so others have said; having chat history broken up in pieces in my outlook Conversation History is just the worst possible UX I can think of. This feature is broken!

It's sad, and yet laughable that someone at Microsoft came up with this bizarre idea of sending the history in broken up pieces to your inbox. What more sad and laughable is that others from Microsoft actually approved this feature.

How can the skype chat history be worse in the paid product, than in the free product. Chat history needs to be retained, available and searchable in a single window/thread per named user.

• Wesley Ferreira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This history is awful, it should be easier to see old conversations like "Cisco Jabber" or "WhatsApp" where's the pratice tools ?

This is a feature you already have working in a regular Free version of Skype. So why Microsoft drags there feet to just get the same feature working in Skype for Business is beyond me. Single History feature is a pretty basic 101 chat tool I thought. Facebook, google, any other chat tool all have this. Of course classic Microsoft found a way to over think it all.

Also not a big fan that it stores all the history in Outlook. It should just store it the same way the other Skype does. Storing in Outlook just makes it yet another tool it has to rely on and bogs down the efficiency of loading up chats.

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we have users who will hop onto a Skype chat from multiple PC's at the same time, even switching back and forth with browser and desktop, and throw in their phone too! They all should be seeing the same thing.

• c b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft! Another example of you ignoring User Voice? How long does it take to response to these things and to make code changes? Where is your utilization of your own dev patterns to release often and not have people wait years before a fix comes out?

• Roxanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HELLLOOOOOO and thank god 1638 people agree with me! Why not have previous history show up in the same window? Doesn't it make sense?

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at how chat history is implemented in SameTime - its light years ahead of the Skype / outlook way. Its the single most annoying thing about skype

The history between desktop and mobile devices is terrible at syncing and the emails you get about missed conversations are always disjointed and have the wrong time stamps. This is really a major setback and makes me want to leave skype for business for something that can manage my conversations across platforms. This should be your number one priority, as all the other features are meaningless if we can't rely on the platform to keep us in sync with our conversations.

Realmente es desesperante encontrar alguna conversacion anterior. No se tiene una opcion de busqueda y no esta ni permite ordenar por nombre del contacto. Pueden tomar ideas del pidgin.

True. Please steal some ideas from free software pidgin!!! There you can search in one user history & have it arrange by user. Also I don't need/want to have lost conversations sended to my mail.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base