• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

User has read message

I love using SFB. But in my job, i need to contact people and when it comes to certain topics, people tend to ignore me and i have noticed i can not see whether they have read the message or not? (Unless they are typing).

If i could see whether they have read the message it would give me an idea of who is busy and those who are just ignoring you. (Whatsapp concept).

5,578 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Ryan Casey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Submitting...
        • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this feature should be implemented. and it should not allow the user to change this setting

• Krystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's 2019 and this is still not an option. I use Skype for Business within my team in the office and at times I need to know if the message has been read if I am working remotely. PLEASE get this going!! There could be an option to have the read rec't turn off with settings but this would help.

• Frank Frankly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really help facilitate my micromanagement and allow me to be better equipped to treat all of my fully-grown adult workers like children. Please introduce this idea, Microsoft.

I have been looking to see how I can see if they read my message. Now I find out I can't you have to be kidding me. What kind of children designed this

i totally agree with this. this is precisely the function i need so much.
          i cant believe Skype for Business don't have it. even thou the other chat pplictions have it.

Same problem like a cell phone. Why some peoples really believe about you not have other job than to answer at theirs messages , right in the moment of transmitting? Maybe I try hard to work and my priorities is other in that moment. If the message is urgent for you, start the message with an emoticon who represent an urgency ( a red flag, etc.) , Skype have a lot of this.

• MCE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downvote.

As a human being - as opposed to answerbot - I am and always want to remain in control of my immediate activities, The "caller" may think that his/her problem is the most important one in the world, but (s)he can only see her/his side. If everyone who contacts me considers himself/herself to be my top priority and gets upset if (s)he is ignored, in the end nothing will get done.

Also, sometimes one needs to get hold of a third person before acknowledging receipt of a message.

Agreed! In a customer service platform sometimes the issues are urgent. It would be nice to see if the person has read so you can make a different attempt if needed.

• Deepak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Privacy Invasion Alert!!!! This is a typical manager idea!!!! Flagging appropriately as inappropriate.

I dislike the whole idea as such a thing would directly bring a lot of workers council/data protection office talks in some countries.
          Also if you see that someone hasn't written something back to you why don't you just give them a call already? Does it matter if he read and chose not to answer or didn't read it when it is important for you?

• Tacyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

besides not being able for the app (skype) to be able to determine when my eye's have glanced at that window. Seriously, did you even think this request thru?

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like being able to ignore people like this author. Downvote. If this is implemented, please make it a user configurable option, we can choose whether or not to leave the ambiguity of delivery in place.

• Roy Faltesek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the WhatsApp analogy. If I see someone hasn't read a message and an issue is urgent, I know to call or visit them.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base