• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. Ability to disable emoji for recipient.

When writing a message I don't want the (k) in 401(k) to turn into a kissy face. This is unprofessional, embarrassing, and should be very easy to solve! I can currently only turn off emoji on my own screen, but this will not prevent others from seeing unintended kissy faces.

Moreover, it should not be a surprise to me that I will send a kissy face if I currently have my options set to enabled for sending emoji. As I type, when the text changes, it should be scanned for anything that will be turned into emoji, and replaced BEFORE…

783 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      31 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. 771 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      6 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Ability to change the default layout

Please provide a new option (that is configurable as an in-band provisioning setting) that allows users to change the default layout. Many of our users don't like that Speaker View is the default setting, and they have to change that setting every time they join a meeting.

769 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      46 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Prevent the escape key from closing the chat window/tab

Prevent the escape key from closing the chat window.

736 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      71 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Add Communication Credits in the CSP program

Only Domestic of Domestic+International calling is available. Some users need to call International but not on a regular basis. Communication Credits is interesting then.

733 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      43 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Automatically close out Screen Sharing upon hanging up the call.

In you're in a call with someone and activate screen sharing, when you hang up the call the screen sharing continues unless you click "stop sharing" or completely close (x) out of the call window. This could be problematic if someone forgets to take either of those steps to deactivate sharing. I suggest that Skype automatically closes out screen sharing when you hang up the audio call.

722 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      48 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. You need include more emoticons, they are limited in this

more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons, more emoticons,

:-D

722 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      74 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Make Skype for Business the same as Skype

I don't understand why 2 clients have been made for this, especially when both names are so similar, makes things very complicated.

I think all the features that separate Skype for Business and Skype should be on one program! OR all contacts should be allowed to speak with each other with no restrictions.

Skype for Business should have 1 thing extra which would be to be a presenter (meaning you can share files and screen with all other users but regular skype users can't share theirs) and it should be the account type that you pay for.

Currently there is…

703 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Support use of comma in dialer to add pause when dialing

Use of comma "," in dial string to add a 2 second pause. Very handy to quickly dial a conference call number.

703 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      56 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Skype for Business screen sharing screen small

found that whenever we share screen in Skype for business we just had some gaps and the screen size showed small, no user was able to get a maximized screen view. We use Go To Meeting right now, and would like something similar in user experience where you can get a full screen view of users desktop but also still have access to your toolbar, etc.

681 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      64 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. 675 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      21 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Keep the conversation history with one person in one conversation, stop creating different conversations while talking to the same person.

Keep the whole conversation with the same person in one window, stop creating 100 different ones everytime a new conversation starts. It's so annoying to see 100 different chat conversations with the same person throughout the day.

673 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Rename contacts direct in contact list

Make it possible to rename a contact in the contact list with right click.

673 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      40 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Add whiteboard functionality for the Mac

Please give the SfB Mac app the whiteboard ability as per the windows version

673 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      37 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Automatically accept meeting content

We use Skype for Business to collaborate on a daily basis. Sometimes we'd like to start sharing content, and somebody misses the "Accept content" prompt. I'd like to be able to make so that if one of the other people starts presenting something, I automatically accept it.

669 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      32 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants regardless of modality

Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants, regardless of modality. This is to address gap in blended experience.

666 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      76 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Possibility to point on presenters screen

When discussing a drawing for example, it would be helpful that also the clients can point on the screen and their mouse position is shown.
      This will give a Feedback to all participants above what detail the client is talking.
      Mouse is shown only if the client press the mouse button. Each client has its individual pointer (name, colour).

662 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Rule based call forwarding

The user should be able to forward calls based on different criteria:

• Caller number

• Caller is in the user’s contact List

• The presence status

• Caller Privacy Relationship

• Time

• Out of office (Exchange) status

• Etc.

The forwarded calls should be able to be transferred to the following destinations:

• Other Lync user

• UM voicemail

• PSTN/mobile number

• RGS

• Team call group

• Etc.

661 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Please fix the bug with messages disappearing between the pop up notification, and the actual conversation window

About a quarter of the time, when I receive a message and click the pop up notification, Skype seems to lose the message. If I open a conversation view with that person (that had not been opened yet since my last log on/off) it does not show the most recent message; it gets lost in the twilight zone, sometimes reappearing at a later time, sometimes never.

659 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      98 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Skype for Business in Office 2016 keeps asking for credentials

Skype for Business will open and login but then a window asking for credentials will pop up even though I'm already logged in. When I enter my credentials and click "save my credentials", Skype for Business crashes. If I ignore the request then it works fine.

657 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      100 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base