• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Update Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. 1,161 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. Fix the History. Do NOT move my messages out of my contacts chat window. You are causing our whole team to lose messages

Fix the History!!! Do NOT move my messages out of my contacts chat window. You are causing our whole team to lose messages because we dont see them under the contact and have to either switch to Outlook (bad idea) or flip through tabs to know we missed a message... especially if we dont happen to see the notification. Seeing messages and history should not be this complicated. If you want to integrate with Outlook, then COPY the message... do not MOVE it!! Also, I have noticed that if I disable the "Move to Conversation History" option, then my history…

1,028 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Improve Per-Monitor DPI Experience

Skype for Business does not do well in a multiple monitor configuration where the monitors have different DPIs. I am assuming it uses system DPI awareness rather than per-monitor, which was added in Windows 8.1. (See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn469266(v=vs.85).aspx)

The problem is that, depending on when I log in, it either will be INSCRUTABLY SMALL on my laptop high DPI monitor or COMICALLY GARGANTUAN on my standard DPI monitor.

I expect more from flagship Microsoft products. This is a pretty basic thing to get right. Should be a must-be in the Kano model of PM. :)

1,026 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      56 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. When a user is in a meeting, messages should be queued (or just not pop-up a window) instead of not delivered

When a user is in a meeting, messages are blocked... which is fine up to a point. The messages should be either queued or just delivered without appearing a pop-up/notification. When the user leaves the meeting, then he would get a notification.
      This way, the conversation would not be lost.

1,019 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. change spell check language

How can I change spell check from swedish to english?

1,014 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      117 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. Integrate Bitmoji with Skype for Business

Being able to integrate our bitmoji profile with skype for business :)

1,022 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      33 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. No Way

a "No Way" emoji

1,008 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      3 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Enable Screen Sharing for iOS Skype for Business App

Enable Screen Sharing for the iOS Skype for Business App for the iPad

1,006 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      60 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Enable screen sharing to Consumer Skype Users

Please allow Skype for Business users to share their screen with consumer Skype users. Many people use their personal Skype account for business activities and it's a real limitation of SfB to not be able to share a screen with them.

987 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      65 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. Voicemail in shared mailbox

It would be nice if in the Auto-Attendant function we could redirect calls toward a voicemail attached to a shared mailbox.

980 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      35 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Lot of wastage of screen real estate

Lot of wastage of screen real estate which is an important factor for people working on small screen laptops like me.
      1. Call controls at the bottom can be merged next to the contact name.
      2. Space between each message can be reduced and default font can be improved
      3. Time stamp can be merged below the contact icon
      4. All fonts are too small to read.. definite recipe to get blind or eye strain

947 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      18 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. emojis

make more emojis

919 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      5 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Push to talk option and keymapping for Skype for Business.

Have a push to talk option for Skype for Business audio meetings. This would allow people to chew/drink without the entire meeting full of people hearing it.

Likewise add a key mapping feature for this option. This way any keyboard key could be used to toggle talk on and off. Talk would be off by default and would be toggled on with the keyboard key. A double tap could lock the talk feature on or off depending on it's previous state.

892 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      35 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. CarPlay & Android Auto

I would like to have the Skype for Business iOS & Android app with CarPlay / Android Auto functionality. To ensure a safe driving experience.

You have added the app to the Volvo 90-series, which makes the business case for CarPlay / Android Auto even more compelling, you will reach an even bigger audience with these additions.

871 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      26 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Why do i get forced notifications every time i mute and unmute. This is really annoying. I'm trying to see the presentation and talk

I should not get a notification everyone I mute and unmute myself. It's so annoying. I cannot see the presentation or other things on my screen and have to force the notification away.

844 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      2 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Ability to export Skype contacts and import to Skype for Business

Ability to export Skype contacts and import to Skype for Business.

824 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. File attachment option for Skype for business Mac 2016

The file attachment option is not available for Skype for Business in Mac 2016. We need this capability so we can send files in Skype.

834 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      41 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Persistent alerts (always on top)

The alert feature is not very easy to configure. I'd like to see an alert system that can:
      1. Stay on top of your screen until dismissed (currently, it minimizes to the task bar).
      and
      2. Break through the sleep function (if we are in a meeting/conversation and our computer goes to sleep, we miss front-desk alerts in our office).

820 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      56 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Persistent Chat on the MAC Client

The MAC client that is being worked on, NEEDS to have Persistent Chat included. The fact that the PC side has had this for 5+ years, while the MAC has not, is VERY SAD. Please include Persistent Chat on ALL clients going forward. Also, please MODERNIZE it. It hasn't been improved in YEARS. So, even the clients that DO have it have a very mediocre PC experience.

Our users have been asking for years, they are giving up and using Slack and other systems since we have not been able to provide a usable solution.

Please wake up and make…

800 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      13 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Ability to disable emoji for recipient.

When writing a message I don't want the (k) in 401(k) to turn into a kissy face. This is unprofessional, embarrassing, and should be very easy to solve! I can currently only turn off emoji on my own screen, but this will not prevent others from seeing unintended kissy faces.

Moreover, it should not be a surprise to me that I will send a kissy face if I currently have my options set to enabled for sending emoji. As I type, when the text changes, it should be scanned for anything that will be turned into emoji, and replaced BEFORE…

783 votes
      Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
      31 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base