• Feedback by UserVoice
  • Generally Available

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business.
    Please remember to select the appropriate category when submitting an idea.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Tell us how we can improve Skype for Business

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
    • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
    • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
    (thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
    • Top ideas
    • New ideas
    • My feedback
    1. emojis

make more emojis

912 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Sign in with: facebook google
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    2. change spell check language

How can I change spell check from swedish to english?

824 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      91 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    3. Ability to export Skype contacts and import to Skype for Business

Ability to export Skype contacts and import to Skype for Business.

824 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      10 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    4. Increase the emoji skin tone options

Please increase the skin tone options for emojis to go beyond just pale skin tones, particularly for the thumbs up and similar. I can't believe I have to even suggest this...really, no one thought about this?

824 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      89 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    5. Voicemail in shared mailbox

It would be nice if in the Auto-Attendant function we could redirect calls toward a voicemail attached to a shared mailbox.

820 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      29 comments  ·  Voice - Enterprise Voice  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    6. File attachment option for Skype for business Mac 2016

The file attachment option is not available for Skype for Business in Mac 2016. We need this capability so we can send files in Skype.

813 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      41 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    7. Synchronizing skype and teams status

Synchronizing skype and teams status will help user to have the same availability status on all apps / services of Microsoft.

780 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      41 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    8. Persistent alerts (always on top)

The alert feature is not very easy to configure. I'd like to see an alert system that can:
      1. Stay on top of your screen until dismissed (currently, it minimizes to the task bar).
      and
      2. Break through the sleep function (if we are in a meeting/conversation and our computer goes to sleep, we miss front-desk alerts in our office).

776 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      51 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    9. Persistent Chat on the MAC Client

The MAC client that is being worked on, NEEDS to have Persistent Chat included. The fact that the PC side has had this for 5+ years, while the MAC has not, is VERY SAD. Please include Persistent Chat on ALL clients going forward. Also, please MODERNIZE it. It hasn't been improved in YEARS. So, even the clients that DO have it have a very mediocre PC experience.

Our users have been asking for years, they are giving up and using Slack and other systems since we have not been able to provide a usable solution.

Please wake up and make…

770 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      12 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    10. CarPlay & Android Auto

I would like to have the Skype for Business iOS & Android app with CarPlay / Android Auto functionality. To ensure a safe driving experience.

You have added the app to the Volvo 90-series, which makes the business case for CarPlay / Android Auto even more compelling, you will reach an even bigger audience with these additions.

765 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      24 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    11. Ability to disable emoji for recipient.

When writing a message I don't want the (k) in 401(k) to turn into a kissy face. This is unprofessional, embarrassing, and should be very easy to solve! I can currently only turn off emoji on my own screen, but this will not prevent others from seeing unintended kissy faces.

Moreover, it should not be a surprise to me that I will send a kissy face if I currently have my options set to enabled for sending emoji. As I type, when the text changes, it should be scanned for anything that will be turned into emoji, and replaced BEFORE…

742 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      28 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    12. Live stopwatch or countdown timer for meetings

In virtual meetings, it would be great to have a timer function that everyone could see. For example, "write down as many ideas as you can in 60 seconds"and it would show the countdown on the screen (preferably with buzzer or sound at the end).

716 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      45 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    13. Make Skype for Business the same as Skype

I don't understand why 2 clients have been made for this, especially when both names are so similar, makes things very complicated.

I think all the features that separate Skype for Business and Skype should be on one program! OR all contacts should be allowed to speak with each other with no restrictions.

Skype for Business should have 1 thing extra which would be to be a presenter (meaning you can share files and screen with all other users but regular skype users can't share theirs) and it should be the account type that you pay for.

Currently there is…

701 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      7 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    14. Ability to change the default layout

Please provide a new option (that is configurable as an in-band provisioning setting) that allows users to change the default layout. Many of our users don't like that Speaker View is the default setting, and they have to change that setting every time they join a meeting.

687 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      40 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    15. Push to talk option and keymapping for Skype for Business.

Have a push to talk option for Skype for Business audio meetings. This would allow people to chew/drink without the entire meeting full of people hearing it.

Likewise add a key mapping feature for this option. This way any keyboard key could be used to toggle talk on and off. Talk would be off by default and would be toggled on with the keyboard key. A double tap could lock the talk feature on or off depending on it's previous state.

687 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      26 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    16. Enable Screen Sharing for iOS Skype for Business App

Enable Screen Sharing for the iOS Skype for Business App for the iPad

681 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      39 comments  ·  Client - Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    17. Enhance idle/away settings for Mac

Please allow Skype for Business for Mac users to adjust the amount of time it takes for the status to appear as "away" when the computer is idle, or to turn that feature off completely. Sometimes, my job entails reviewing hard copy documents. I may not be using my computer, but I am still working (and available). I would like to be able to adjust this setting or turn it off. It looks like this is an option for PC. Why not Mac?

681 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      14 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    18. Keep the conversation history with one person in one conversation, stop creating different conversations while talking to the same person.

Keep the whole conversation with the same person in one window, stop creating 100 different ones everytime a new conversation starts. It's so annoying to see 100 different chat conversations with the same person throughout the day.

672 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      11 comments  ·  Client - Windows Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    19. Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants regardless of modality

Requesting entry and exit tones apply to all Conference participants, regardless of modality. This is to address gap in blended experience.

664 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      76 comments  ·  Meeting - Audio Conferencing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    20. Skype for Business screen sharing screen small

found that whenever we share screen in Skype for business we just had some gaps and the screen size showed small, no user was able to get a maximized screen view. We use Go To Meeting right now, and would like something similar in user experience where you can get a full screen view of users desktop but also still have access to your toolbar, etc.

662 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      (thinking…)
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      57 comments  ·  Meeting - Meeting Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base